PDA

View Full Version : HUD doesn't display players names on Cake

Splity
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I'm playing on Cake poker and i've got the lastest version of holdem manager (1.12.01) but the HUD doesn't display players names, it display player1, player2, player3.... So when a player quit, his stats are staying for the new player and it's the same issue when I take a note on a player.

fozzy71
09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
This is by design. It is part of the requirements of the Cake ToS that the HUD can only show stats from the current session. They obfuscate the other player's names so we can't tell when a player takes another player's seat, and we can only track hero's lifetime results.

Splity
09-06-2011, 02:34 PM
thanks... and do you know how to remove play money hands from the repport on holdem manager

fozzy71
09-06-2011, 02:47 PM
HM typically will not import any play money hands. Try to Shift + Left-Click a range of the play money hands in any of the Hands windows/Sub-windows and then Right-Click + Delete Selected Hands.

Can you find the play money files in your archive and send us copies so we can do some testing to have the developers make changes to stop them from importing?

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Please 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org) the files before attaching them, as sometimes text files can become corrupted as attachments.

redrumdafaGz
09-20-2011, 03:11 PM
So how do we fix this no player name problem fozzy?

Sarek
09-20-2011, 03:24 PM
As you was told, this is against Cake rules.
Player1, Player2 etc - this is all they accept.

Alcibadies
10-23-2011, 12:04 PM
I understand that by Cake TOS, you guys cannot track lifetime stats, but you also stated that tracked stats for the current session is acceptable. However when a player sits out on Cake and another player sits in, the current stats are not reset to 0. Why is this so if Cake allows HM to track stats for the current session? thx

Patvs
10-23-2011, 10:48 PM
HM1 tracks the opponents as player 1, player 2, etc. and since Cake literally still censors the names of the opponents in the handhistory file, a new player won't get noticed by HoldemManager.

Cake is actually reconsidering their anti-tracking software policy. They started by allowing a HUD.
The HM1 Cake HUD was added just recently, and we're considering to instead of showing player 1, player 2, etc. to just show the censored name, which will make it a lot easier to see if the HUD panel actually belongs to that player.

HM2: will also have a HUD 'reset' feature, allowing you to reset the HUD of the entire table (or of just an individual player).

ccfc1986
10-25-2011, 08:39 PM
So i just bought Holdem Manager after asking if the playerX thing will resolve itself with the full version (i thought it was a limitation of the trial version). Obviously this isn't a limitation of the trial version as i just purchased the full version and it still does the same thing. So basically this software, in regard to tracking cake poker, is pretty useless in tracking opponents. It is only good for keeping track of my own history and hands etc? Is this the case then?

Thank you

fozzy71
10-25-2011, 10:26 PM
So i just bought Holdem Manager after asking if the playerX thing will resolve itself with the full version (i thought it was a limitation of the trial version). Obviously this isn't a limitation of the trial version as i just purchased the full version and it still does the same thing. So basically this software, in regard to tracking cake poker, is pretty useless in tracking opponents. It is only good for keeping track of my own history and hands etc? Is this the case then?

Thank you

Correct. That is so we can keep our software compatible with the cake rules they make us and you follow.

Cake does not want you to track anyone's results but your own. They only want data in the HUD from the current session.

Cake is the only site I play at currently. :(

ccfc1986
10-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Thank you for the reply - very much appreciated. It sounds like Cake may rethink the way they do the security and what not. That would be a good thing. Would an email help persuade them or is that a waste of time?

Second question, could you assist me in getting the HUD to display within Cake tables? Am i missing something completely? I have clicked around, refresh HUD from the options area, and never get a HUD to appear. I would assume im missing a simple button/setting. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Based on reading other areas of the forums, if new players arrive at the table, refreshing the HUD from the holdem manager software window will remove the old players (the player who just left the table) stats and put clean stats out for the new player for the current session, is this correct?

Thanks again so much. Much appreciated!

fozzy71
10-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Thank you for the reply - very much appreciated. It sounds like Cake may rethink the way they do the security and what not. That would be a good thing. Would an email help persuade them or is that a waste of time?

It would fall on deaf ears.

Second question, could you assist me in getting the HUD to display within Cake tables? Am i missing something completely? I have clicked around, refresh HUD from the options area, and never get a HUD to appear. I would assume im missing a simple button/setting. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you setup the auto import folder properly - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/7/Cake+Poker+Setup

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
(http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe)

Some times you have to click on the table name in the table manager, for the first table,

Try the table finder - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/Configuring+Table+Finder+to+Show+HUD+

Make sure you follow the directions exactly.

Pick the table name in the table finder window to highlight it

If you don't see a table name listed, please drag the red X to the table and click OK.

Open the Table Finder again and the list should be populated with the table name now, so you can select it.

Select the table name to highlight it.

Left-click and drag the red X to that table window

Click OK, then Yes.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/MyHUDDoesn'tWork

Based on reading other areas of the forums, if new players arrive at the table, refreshing the HUD from the holdem manager software window will remove the old players (the player who just left the table) stats and put clean stats out for the new player for the current session, is this correct?

It is not possible to do this with HM1, AFAIK. HM2 has a double right-click option to reset the HUD but this is not possible in HM1.

Dolfinsfan
10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
From what i've been told, PT3 displays first 4 characters of the villains name from this session so "BIGOLEFISH" would display as BIGO******. Why can't HEM do this also?

Patvs
10-31-2011, 05:05 PM
We're also looking into this, just displaying the first 4 characters.
Improving the new Cake HUD is on our to-do list.

hulk22
11-24-2011, 06:02 PM
are there any hud news for cake?
i'd be glad if i could see stats in the replayer, now with the 2.0 cake software it detects specific players

Patvs
11-25-2011, 03:03 AM
There has been no update. In fact, Seating Preferences still hasn't been added (to HM1 and HM2) for Cake since it's still a mystery if Cake will continue with their 'allowing-a-HUD-policy'.

fozzy71
11-25-2011, 10:26 AM
are there any hud news for cake?
i'd be glad if i could see stats in the replayer, now with the 2.0 cake software it detects specific players

The full names are displayed in the HUD now and the HUD should also work in the Replayer (see attached).

There has been no update. In fact, Seating Preferences still hasn't been added (to HM1 and HM2) for Cake since it's still a mystery if Cake will continue with their 'allowing-a-HUD-policy'.

Seating preferences would be nice, but aren't technically needed as long as you disable preferred seating in Cake: HM1 you use [x] fix my stats position, and HM2 the HUD stays with me as long as I dont change seats or enable preferred seating. It took me quite a while to adjust to playing without preferred seating. :/

It would be real nice if I could sit where I want, and the developers need to add Cake to Site Options, so I will bump the seating preferences bug and make sure they know about Site Options also.

hulk22
11-25-2011, 10:59 AM
as said, neither the replayer nor the hud (with tablefinder ) works for me!!!???
i dont know what to do?
of course there isn't still the site "cake" to choose in the player preferences

fozzy71
11-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize this was an HM1 thread and I replied regarding HM2.

HM1 HUD should work with our next HM1 update to 1.12.07 on live tables (cash and tourney). I have not tested the replayer HUD for cake in HM1 yet, but I will try to give it a thorough test a bit later today, after I am done with some other testing I already started.