PDA

View Full Version : HEM not loading

joelmate
09-06-2011, 12:00 AM
hi,
when i try to open hem, it pauses on the loaded screen then comes up with a sign saying "holdem mamanger is making a large databse update that will provide many new stats to the hud, player analysis and osre. click ok and be patient - this could take a a long time if you have a very large database"

when i click ok it just freezes and says program not responding. i do have a large database and could understand if it took a while, but i cant even click ok without it freezing.

i do have the latest verison and just tried to update it again.

any advice?
thanks

Sarek
09-06-2011, 04:00 AM
This process can last up to several hours - depends on DB size and PC spec.
It does 2 things: changes DB structure AND then - DB vacuum and reindex.
Just wait. Do you remember - how long was your manual DB mainternance? Allmost the same time you need to wait now.

joelmate
09-06-2011, 05:38 AM
yea i have tried to wait a few times but it just auto says program not responding, so its like i cant even move my mouse haha my database probs has a few mil hands in it and i have a pretty crappy pc so maintance and stuff always take ages. would it just be easier to start a new database?

netsrak
09-06-2011, 09:12 AM
You just have to wait until its completed - depending on your database size this can take some minutes to hours.
To create a new database start dbcontrolpanel.exe manually from the holdemmanager installation folder. There you can create a new database and set it to default.