PDA

View Full Version : Preflop Hands Tab Color Coding

reecelights
08-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Is there a key somewhere that explains what the different colors mean on the Preflop Hands Tab chart under Cash Games?

I.e. Light Blue=? Dark Blue=? Black=?

Couldn't find it anywhere in the FAQ or through guess-work.

Thanks,
Chuck

fabio
08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
As you can see, the higher the percentage is, the darker the colour is. Its nothing special though :)

MicroRoller
03-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Uhm.. stupid question but I haven't been able to find it in the faq/forum/manual. This is the closest thread I could find.

What exactly are the percentages? % you played that hand? % you were dealt that hand? winrate with that hand?

It would be nice if there was an option to color code based on profit/loss per starting hand. That way you can do something like click Call 3 Bet, Early Position and quickly realize which hands you should stop doing that with.

When viewing opponent stats I guess it makes sense to see what their range is in those spots, but when looking at your own hands I think people know their own range, they just want to see how effective it is.

Also it would be nice if this whole functionality was in the Active Player Detail Window. It's nice to have access to more than 3bet+ and limp reraise ranges and going to the main window, searching and selecting the player takes too much time in the middle of a hand.

netsrak
03-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Cant give you the exact percentages for the colors. In general the darker the color the higher the percentage.

Please use our uservoice system (link in my signature) for your suggestions.

MicroRoller
03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
netsrak,

I mean what do the percentages represent? percent you played the hand? percent you vp$ip with the hand? I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere.

I added the suggestion to Color code Preflop Cards Chart By Profit (http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/forums/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions/suggestions/538113-color-code-preflop-cards-chart-by-profit?ref=title) to uservoice. Providing link here in case anyone wants to vote for it.

morny
03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I presume you mean in general or are you looking for what the % of a certain stat?

VPIP% is the % you voluntarily put money in from all your hands but all the % are based on the opportunity you had to do something so if you play 2 hands, first hand you faced a raise and didnt 3bet your % for 3bet would be 0% from 1 sample, if the next hand someone 4bet before you acted its impossible to 3bet so your 3bet would remain 0% over 1 hand. With VPIP stat youll always have the oppurtunity to VPIP thats why its over the total sample

MicroRoller
03-09-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm talking about the % under each set of hole cards in the Preflop Cards chart. I know it's a very basic question but it wasn't obvious to me and wasn't spelled out anywhere.

I think I figured it out but can you confirm?

Right now I'm looking at the chart filtered for cold calling on the button. TT shows around 4% of the time. So I guess that means that out of all the times I cold called on the button, 4% of the time I had TT. Is that correct?

If that's correct....

Then I can click on the TT cell and see that over my last 100 hands I'm up X BB when I cold call TT from the button.

Now I change cold call to 3bet and I see out of all the times I 3bet on the button I had TT around 3% of the time. Clicking on the cell I see I'm up Y BB when I 3bet with TT on the button. If Y is much larger than X I know I should be 3betting TT in that spot more.

Having the cells colored by these percentages shows me my range in these spots but I already know my range. I was there when these hands were played and I got to peek at my cards. :) This is helpful when I select a different player to analyze their game but what I'd really like to see for my own cards is how profitable those cards are in those spots.

If color coding the frequency is important maybe doing a split cell like the following mockup.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/7068/preflopcardscolorsmocku.gif

That way you can quickly go between 3bet and cold call and see if you should tighten your 3betting range in a couple of seconds.

Personally I think having 2 colors in one cell is a bit too much but maybe a radio button where you can choose to display either colored by %, profit or split cell would be nice.