PDA

View Full Version : format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting

alien10
06-12-2009, 02:46 PM
hello

so i downloaded and installed HEM 1.08.04, installed PostgreSQL but in window "Initilize databse Cluster" where we choose Encoding Server i choose Win1252 but in Clinet part Win1250 becasue there wasnt 1252. then i create new databse and i saw this message:

"the following error occured when trying to open the databse: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 91"

so i thought i did wrong with that encoding client soi uninstalled postgreSQL and now i choose Win1253 but when i click next i see this message:

"the specified data directory is not empty.
if u have an existing databse with the same major version number u do not need to initialize a databse cluster
if u have an existing database..."

so i dont know what to do. someone can help me ?

alien10
06-12-2009, 03:32 PM
so i found this topic http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6610&highlight=format+initialization+string

- uninstalled and manually removed postgresql folder in Program Files
- reset my computer
- installed again postgresql, created new account with big, small letters and with numbers and with @#$ etc
- i saw again taht mesage "the following error occured when trying to open the databse: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 91" i clicked ok and in window where is 127.0... i wrote my new password and now looks like everything works lol...

fabio
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
What country are you in? change the locale to USA or any west european country and you can choose WIN1252 on client side