PDA

View Full Version : No HUD on PokerStars after new update

beonick
06-12-2009, 11:21 AM
HUD does'nt working in PokerStars SnG after new software update, but hand are importing normal. :(

morny
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Roy and Mike are already working on this and theyll get a patch released asap

morny
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
This temporary solution might work

You can roll back the update by closing stars and copying the files from - C:\Program Files\PokerStars\backup, and going up one level and pasting them into - C:\Program Files\PokerStars\.

Create a shortcut for PokerStars.exe instead of Poerstarsupdate.exe and run it that way.

Disclaimer: Please only do this as a last resort as it may or may not cause other issues

shanei
06-12-2009, 02:53 PM
so has anyone tried this until the patch, if so...any issues?

edit- so right after this post during my stt, the hud popped up, on the 29th hand. Table manager shows only one table though......weird!

SimonG
06-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Thanks - where will the notification and link be posted when it is ready please so I can check back for it?

chriti04
06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Not showing up for tourneys either. Any timeframe?

morny
06-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Dont have a timeframe but it has top priority, were working on this only at the moment and well get it out as soon as possible, keep an eye on the releases forum

casamada
06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
important: you CAN see the hud and stats in the hand replayer of poker stars so just keep it open... im playing nicely this way til the patch comes

mike_gva
06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
IS IT NOW that hud doesnt work for sng ?? this post is recent ?

launched 16 double or nothing and no way to see stats then who are the pple multitabling this really pissed me off , are you goin to fix it soon ? now ill know that i have to check anytime before launching multitable session if THE hud is workin.......

shanei
06-13-2009, 03:05 AM
yes....NOW...lol

just rollback stars update..works fine. Gotta open stars from folder tho

mike_gva
06-13-2009, 07:51 AM
so, when do u fix it ?.

gionniilbell
06-13-2009, 09:23 AM
I have the same problem no hud after pokerstars.it update !

mike_gva
06-13-2009, 09:29 AM
do like they said meantime,
take all files in pokerstars/backup and put em into pokerstars main file, say yes when it asks if u are ok to replace files with same name

then launch pokerstars GUI (or pokerstars.exe) then it works

Lecter
06-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Didnt work for me yesterday either.

I can open tablemanager, and drag the red cross into the table. then click on the table name in table manager, and the hud works.

I have to do that for every table.

kaderm
06-13-2009, 03:20 PM
seems PS has changed the content of the title bar for each table

HUD still works with the replay window because its title bar is unchanged ...

seem not a big of problem to rsolve

chriti04
06-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Can you help me with the rollback? I can't paste anything into the main file, it just opens up the application.

Vekked
06-13-2009, 06:59 PM
This is pretty inconvenient, but if you're not super mass multi-tabling you can still manually get your HUD to show up by keeping the table manager open when your HUD starts, and going to 'Table' then 'Table Finder' and manually attaching your hud to each table you're playing... it's a temporary solution for some people at least.

EDIT: Is there a way to open table manager after your minimize it without closing/restarting the HUD again? Thanks.

mike_gva
06-13-2009, 07:04 PM
yea it IS pretty inconvenient when you launch 16-20 sit n go and are used to have a tracker..

btw the rollback really works

just go to pokerstars/backup

COPY all, even the theme, ALL FILES

then Paste it into pokerstars

SAY YES when it tells you "some file with this name already exist, would you like to replace them"

then click on pokerstars logo (in pokerstars mainfile) but not with update

then it works perfectly, just bugs a little when you tile tables sometimes, but its fine. hopfully we get a new patch soon,...

Ekslem
06-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Well I have upgraded my HM to 1.09 beta6 in order to have my HUD working back to normal again at Stars.

However when I am getting moved to another table HM keeps displaying the HUDs of the players at the table I was sitting before. It isn't auto adjusting the HUDs to the new table. How to fix this?

EDIT: And for SnGs HUD isn't working at all. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARgh

This really has to be fixed very very soon.... TY

mike_gva
06-14-2009, 12:17 PM
yea, still not fixed after 1,5 day, this aint cool...

sooted7s
06-14-2009, 01:09 PM
How can I roll back the update if my backup folder is empty?

Mike chops
06-14-2009, 02:00 PM
What exactly isn't working with 1.09.06a? Is it table moves in MTTs. Soemone said sngs aren't working at all? Please post a screenshot.

xxEquinox
06-14-2009, 02:52 PM
The hud just doesn't show up for any type of tournament on stars. Including sngs.

chriti04
06-14-2009, 02:53 PM
I had the same problem until I got 1.09 beta from the releases forum. Should work.

Ekslem
06-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Cash is working fine
MTT is working fine untill you switch table
SnG isn t working at all

1.09beta6

Mike chops
06-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Please post screen shots of the table and the table finder.

SimonG
06-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Please post screen shots of the table and the table finder.

I can post a screenshot of a pokerstars sng with no HUD displayed if that helps? But from Morny's quote above, I would have hoped you guys were a little further along than that...

Mike chops
06-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't think everybody has the problem. I certainly don't here. So yes, a screenshot of the table manager, the table window and the table finder after you drag the red icon over it would help me work out why you are having a problem and I am not.

SimonG
06-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't think everybody has the problem. I certainly don't here. So yes, a screenshot of the table manager, the table window and the table finder after you drag the red icon over it would help me work out why you are having a problem and I am not.

There is another thread on this forum that morny locked down reporting the same problem. All the regs that I spoke to on stars are having the same problem. So it seems it is widespread enough for it to be a significant problem.

I upgraded to 1.09 beta4 at teh same time that stars released an upgrade, so I am not sure if it is one or the other, or a combo that is causing problems. But it has been reported by enough people that I can only imagine that it is because of Stars upgrade. I note there was another upgrade from Stars today, so I will load up a single sng and see what happens and report back.

For the screenshots, can you explain what 'dragging a red icon' is about please? I never used to do this in the past to get HUD working for stars sngs.

Mike chops
06-14-2009, 04:27 PM
There is a 1.09.06a in the releases forum. Please get that. Go to the table finder (Table manager->tables) and drag the red icon over the table window

SimonG
06-14-2009, 04:46 PM
There is a 1.09.06a in the releases forum. Please get that. Go to the table finder (Table manager->tables) and drag the red icon over the table window

Taking 1.09.06a aeems to have fixed it - I have a HUD up anyway, so thanks for that. I am curious about this red icon though, as I jut launched Auto Import and the HUD came straight up. I can't find a red icon in my table manager-->tables. Should I have one? Do I need one? Was it just a workaround as having to drag and drop anything when 16-tabling doesn't feel good.
Edit: Just loaded up a small set and the red icon has appeared, still HUD came up automatically though, so if I don't need it, I won't touch it..

From reading the other threads on the subject, it seems plenty of others may be waiting on an announcement?

Dont have a timeframe but it has top priority, were working on this only at the moment and well get it out as soon as possible, keep an eye on the releases forum

paulsmiley
03-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Guys im on a mac and want to use stars 6. I want to use this method but am confused. Can anyone help ill pay you??

paulsmiley
03-08-2015, 12:07 PM
think im just going to buy a pc anyway fuckin over all this shit... With a new comp etc etc will this roll back method be able to work at all? I just fuckin hate this client

fozzy71
03-08-2015, 02:30 PM
I don't think you/anyone can use PS v6 anymore and I am not sure if HM1 is still working with Stars.