PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL error

Biogaran
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi,

I tried to install HM but each time, at the end, this message occured : Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL.

I followed the tips linked in the F.A.Q, I uninstalled HM, PostgreSQL and my antivirus, I disabled Windows Firewall and Windows Defender then I reinstalled HM (and PostgreSQL) but got the same error message.

I then tried to install PostgreSQL with the manual installer, it seemed to work, but when I launched HM, i got this message :
The following error occured when trying to open the database : Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.

I also tried to follow the "Sticky: Fix for PostgreSQL cannot start error 127.0.0.1", but it didn't work either...

I really don't know what to do...

Thx for your attention,

Sarek
09-03-2011, 04:44 AM
If you have Win7 (or Vista), consider the following:
1) PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.
2) The same for Windows user name. If not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.
3) Secondary logon service must be set to "Autostart".
4) UAC = OFF
5) Disable firewall and antivirus when installing Postgres and HM. Or uninstall them at all.
6) All installations must run "as admin" (by right-click on file). And do them as first thing after PC reboot.
7) If you want to change install path for Postgres (or to set non-default folder for database cluster) - download "standalone" installation file from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows)
8) If your Windows is not in English - you have to install Postgres not in default folder in Program_Files. Create new (example: c:\postgresql) first and select it when install.
9) Install Postgres and HM separarelly, one after one. As admin. If HM (when runs for the 1st time) says "no database" - simply create it via DBControlpanel.
10) If Postgres install fails - after uninstalling don't forget to kill windows user named "postgres":
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
net user postgres /del
exactly as shown. You should get a confirmation if it was successful.
11) Run all pokerclients "as admin" too.

P.S. If all instructions are followed carefully and exactly, it should be installed OK. More: it must be installed OK :)

Biogaran
09-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I did exactly what you said and... it worked!!!

A big thanks to you :)