PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Install postgres on New Laptop with Vista

xMast3rShak3z
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Hello, this is my 2nd attempt to install postgres. I have it on my desktop but I just got my new laptop today and I tried to install and I can't do it. It's way too confusing. I've tried following the guide for "Still Can't Connect to PostgreSQL, and I got to FAQ 171, but I don't understand Step 6, because the program itself will not let me install postgres, so there is no directory for Postgres in my Program Files. I've done all the necessary security processes such as turning off Windows Firewall and adding ports to let Holdem Manager and HUD .exes to work, and the same for Windows Defender.

Here's the issue when I try installling PostGreSQL at the end of the setup process when I'm in the installing process it saids, "Internal account lookup failure: No mapping between account names and securty IDS was done." I've tried to install about 10 times now, with different variations of account names and unticking initalize database cluster, I've put the encoding server to SQL AII, whatever it may be called.

I would like to set up a team viewer session any time tomorrow or tonight. If tonight's not okay, then preferably tomorrow. Thank you very much, hope to talk to you soon Morny. (I sent you an email before hand, sorry if I'm spamming)

fabio
06-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Please send me an email to fabio@holdemmanager.net to arrange a Teamviewer-Session (http://www.teamviewer.com/)

xMast3rShak3z
06-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey, I sent an email to you. Hopefully we can do this tonight or tomorrow any time. Thank you.