PDA

View Full Version : HEM immediately quits after start

szusza84
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Today Ive imported some hands from a temporary harddrive, and the next time i started HEM, its window closed right after loading, the main window appeared only for a second. I've tried to reinstall with and without the old configs, reinstalled .NET framework, created new database, non of them worked. No error messages. I've XP x64. Please help a.s.a.p.

Thanks

morny
06-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Please see this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=132

szusza84
06-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Thank you for your answer, but thats not my problem. Ive already read the FAQ, but couldnt find a solution there. DBControlPanel.exe runs without a problem just like the tablemanager, only HM itself closes. And without any kind of error message.

morny
06-12-2009, 11:59 AM
ok if youve already ruled out .net and reinstalled HM its either a security program like your firewall blocking access, this can happen after an update etc and so the only way is to completely uninstall them all and then see if HM works.

If not im afraid the only other fix we have is reinstalling windows. This happens to a very small number of people where none of the above fixes it but its not just HM i have had a couple of programs with the same behaviour where the open for a split second and disappear so it looks like a Vista bug of some sort.