PDA

View Full Version : HEM loading slow after update

MellowYellow
09-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi I've been using HEM for 2 years now, on this computer for about 8 months, it's a quad core, 4gb ram, solid state hdd, pretty fast machine.

Anyway after updating yesterday to fix that bug on the Fast tables on stars where the HUD wouldn't show up suddenly my hem is loading slow. Not really all of HEM but on the reports tab when I select a certain stat it loads as fast as usual up above, but then even though its only supposed to show 100 hands it will load the hands VERY slow the computer starts buzzing like crazy like its preforming a really tough task and loads the 100 hands probably about 30 seconds after the stats are displayed. Also I just made this database not that long ago so it's pretty small, if that has anything to do with it. Any idea why this would suddenly happen even though my comp doesnt say it's tapped on resources when preforming this function?

Patvs
09-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html