PDA

View Full Version : What are regs doing for stars summaries?

minifruit
06-09-2009, 05:24 AM
ftp releases summaries for tourneys along with the hhistories. i never need to manually enter prizes or rebuys. with stars, however, my prizes never appear like they do with tilt, unless i manually enter the prize. just curious if there is a better way? should it me necessary for me to manually enter this info?

i used the search feature, and noticed that people have had trouble importing the 200max tourney summaries that stars will email. this is my problem too. no prizes appear after the successful import. thanks for your help.

minifruit
06-09-2009, 02:16 PM
bumped

morny
06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
The emailed summaries should work fine, if they dont its most likely that the hands were originally imported with an older version of HM so try exporting the hands, creating a new database and reimporting them and then importing the summaries. When we get some time well try and make this process easier possibly something like import from email like PT do

This is only neccessary with MTTs single table games dont need summaries as HM can work out everything using intelligence but its not possible with MTTs because there just isnt enough info to work it out

minifruit
02-13-2010, 11:16 AM
but some of the email summaries are too large to import, e.g. if I play the sunday million, and stars emails me the summary, that will be an email with a list of 8 thousand players. what do i do for stars tourneys?

Patvs
02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Save the email... (as a big-ass .txt file) and HM can also import it.

Though... if you've played in a 8.000 player tournament... it might be weird if HM added all 8.000 players to your player list. When you've only actually played against a couple of them. So in those type of large tournaments, you should consider to manually just edit your finish position/winnings.

The Minder
02-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Save the email... (as a big-ass .txt file) and HM can also import it.

Though... if you've played in a 8.000 player tournament... it might be weird if HM added all 8.000 players to your player list. When you've only actually played against a couple of them. So in those type of large tournaments, you should consider to manually just edit your finish position/winnings.
1. Is is necessary to strip out the salutations and other niceties from the PS email or can HM differentiate between sugar and facts?

2. Regarding the 8,000 players, this is a scenario tourney players are constantly faced with... perhaps we can have a discussion of possible solutions?

Patvs
02-13-2010, 09:05 PM
-1 yes... strip out the "hello" etc. just keep the useful info.
Instead of requesting your last 200 summaries within the Stars software (which they'll email you)... you can also email Stars.. and they should sent you a HTML/XML file which you can import.

It's always a struggle for SNG/MTT players on Stars. The Stars players should really get together on 2+2 for a petition that Stars just writes the info to the handhistory... like Full Tilt does.

-2 I'm not sure.. if HoldemManager.. adds all 8000 players to your players list.. because it now knows the finish position of 8000 players.
Try to import the summary of ONE of these tourney's into an empty database, to see if HM only adds players to your player list you've actually played against.

The Minder
02-14-2010, 06:32 AM
@ Patvs and interested others.

I should say at the outset that requesting summaries from PS really doesn't bother me. It only take about 4-5 minutes to strip the email and load the info into HM. Tbh, it doesn't matter if the data is for one tourney, or 100, the time needed to update HM is about the same. My concern here is that sometimes, for no reason I can detect, HM just refuses to update the database from an email import, or update just a % of the tournies. Frustrating.

Anyway, I did a test of HM importing players from a Pokerstars tourney history load. I entered a tourney that eventually had 3338 entrants... I got clobbered at about 1400. So, here's the process:

1. create new db and start import
2. enter tourney and play like a demon
3. get knocked out by some donk who woke up with AA
4. wait till tourney finishes and request summary
5. import tourney summary into HM

Between points 3 and 4, HM showed that I had 38 players in the db. After I imported the email data HM now listed 3338 players, but only lists 38 on the right hand side of the panel. I'm not sure why there is a discrepancy, but the setup in HM to look at players from a tourney perspective leaves a lot to be desired.

For your consideration.