PDA

View Full Version : HoldEm Manager OMAHA Module - Pacific Poker Hand Grabber doesn't work for OMAHA Hands

PokerHelpNeeded
06-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Hey all,
Basically the Pacific Poker Hand Grabber does not work for saving Omaha hands on Pacific Poker. This means that the HEM Omaha does not function correctly. (and the "Save Hand History" option on Pacific Poker only works for Texas Holdem hands NOT for OMAHA hands :( )

I just got this email regarding the Pacific Poker Hand Grabber.

Greetings from Idleminer.
PPHG currently does not support Omaha, and that is why it is erroring. We'll be looking to work on this after some more implementations for Hold'em have been completed. There are plans to add omaha support in the future, but we do not have a time-frame for that.

Best Regards,

Idleminer Support
www.idleminer.com

Can anyone get hand histories for OMAHA from Pacific Poker? And if so how?
The "Save Hand History" feature appears only to work for Texas hands and not for Omaha hands. :-(

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, especially since Pacific Poker is listed as a supported site on the Holdem Manager OMAHA Professional Purchase page!:eek:

HOW DO I GET THE HAND HISTORIES TO MAKE HOLDEM MANAGER OMAHA work on Pacific Poker??????????????:confused::confused::confused:: confused:

(sorry but i am a tad frustrated by this :mad:, particularly since it has taken about a week to work out that Pacific Poker is not a supported OMAHA site in practice! It has been a significant waste of time and effort at this stage, hence the post here to alert others to the facts and to seek help from anyone who has encountered or solved this issue)

Please help

morny
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Pacific now save hand histories to the hard drive, you need to download the newest version from their site and then go to Options > Hand History and tick save hand histories, it will show you the location, try importing that hand and if it dosent import email it to support@holdemmanager.net and well get it supported

PokerHelpNeeded
06-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Pacific now save hand histories to the hard drive, you need to download the newest version from their site and then go to Options > Hand History and tick save hand histories, it will show you the location, try importing that hand and if it dosent import email it to support@holdemmanager.net and well get it supported

To be clear, I am having no Omaha Hand History's saved to my Hard Drive when playing on Pacific Poker (It's not an import problem into HEMO of the hand histories, its the actual hand history file which is not being created for my Omaha hand historys when playing on Pacific Poker (but my Texas hand historys are being created on my hard drive))

Can you please confirm that the Pacific Poker OMAHA hand histories can be saved to your hard drive (and not JUST the Texas Hold'em Hand Histories (which I can save to my hard drive))?

I emailed Pacific Poker/888 about saving Omaha Hand Histories (the Texas Hold'em Hand Historys do save correctly, so i know what to expect) and they replied:

Thank you for contacting 888.

... in order for us to be able to assist you fully and correctly, I
have forwarded your details to our IT helpdesk. They will be able to
investigate this fully and see if there is any way to record your Omaha
hands. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.

They also suggested an uninstall/reinstall of pacific poker, which i did.

888 live support said that they did not know if Omaha hand histories could be saved or not and they would have to check with IT. I am still awaiting a response.

Sorry to be so persistent, but can anyone confirm if they are able to save their OMAHA hand histories to their hard drive when playing on Pacific Poker?

Many thanks for any assistance
Cheers
PokerHelpNeeded

morny
06-09-2009, 08:26 PM
If its saving HM hands but not Omaha hands then it looks like there not saving them, in that case ill let Roy know and well get Pacific removed from the supported sites, i can assure you it was just a misprint rather than being misleading, if they start saving the hands or the handgrabber starts supporting them well get them supported asap

PokerHelpNeeded
06-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Bugger!

I will post the reply from Pacific Poker Support when I get it to further clarify this situation.

I was not trying to suggest that I was mislead, (although it may have been implied as I was getting very frustrated trying to get something to work for a few days, only to find out that it can not be done!).

I am happy with the HEM-Omaha product, just disappointed that is will not work on Pacific Poker and that it took me so long to figure out it would not work. :(

It works fine on PokerStars so all good :), but like I said, :( for not working on Pacific Poker.

(I understand that HEM works for Texas Hold'em on Pacific Poker, using the saved hand histories option, but I have HEM-Omaha and play Omaha)

Hopefully this information is helpful/useful to others.

I will let everyone know when I have a response from Pacific Poker

Cheers
PokerHelpNeeded

PS If anyone does have a way to make HEM-OMAHA work on Pacific Poker I would love to know how you have done it.

PokerHelpNeeded
06-13-2009, 03:22 AM
***Emailed response from Pacific Poker Support
first of all let me apologise for the delay, however, I have been
informed that at the moment you can only save Texas Hold-em History and
not Omaha.

I have also been informed that this will be brought out later but at the
moment we do not have a release date.

So, Bugger!

I guess you can go ahead the remove Pacific Poker from the list of HEM Omaha Supported Sites (however support did indicate that saving OMAHA hand histories to your local hard drive my be available in the future, so fingers crossed).