PDA

View Full Version : New Harddrive?

LoneWolf
06-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I need a new harddrive on laptop, I have HEM installed on both my laptop and desktop and I use usb stick to keep hand histories even on both. So what's the best way to get HEM back into my laptop with the 3 million hands I had?
I have the registration keys for HEM and my desktop HEM has all the hands in it.
So do I export the hands from desktop and manually re-enter them in laptop, or is there a better quicker way?:confused:

stretch00
06-08-2009, 05:33 PM
When you get your new drive all you really have to do is when installing posgreSQL be sure to connect to an existing database. Since you said, you have all you HHs on a thumb drive I don't think you need to export the 3mil HHs which could take some time,aside from the re-import(thats like 2days).
If you have the HHs you should be fine,as long as everything as far as SQL goes as planned,ex; backup DB in PGADmin & restore DB.
I would DeFrag before before anything though.Use Piriform DeFraggler should help speed the process no matter what way you end up doing!
How to re-install PostgreSQL and use a previous database. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/../faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177)

LoneWolf
06-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks for your reply.:) I don't have all HH's on thumbdrive, you see I play on laptop and desktop and just use usb stick to transfer the session I played between the 2 computer's. All HH's are in Hem on my desktop, so I need to get all that back in laptop by copying or back up desktop HEM and postgres. Sorry if I am not making myself clear. I would appreciate any advice.:)

Thank you

stretch00
06-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Even without the thumb drive you have all the HHs on a different drive so it is still the same as my previous post!
If something should go bad with the re-install/connect to OLD DB of sql,you still have it ALL on the desk top and could easily copy that HHs folder,and re-import if needed.
I am just trying to save about 2 days of importing HHs into a NEW DB,if you can re-connect to the original DB and it is all good then your done!

stretch00
06-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I just re-read your post!
So you are NOT sharing a DB between the DTop/Ltop?
Or you are sharing,and after a session you remove the HHs from Ltop & store them on Dtop?
If you are not sharing a DB and are trying to keep them seperate that may change things.

LoneWolf
06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
No I'm not sharing a database, they are both seperate. I didn't even know you could share database. Thats why what sessions I play I copy HH's via usb between desk and lap.

morny
06-09-2009, 05:24 PM
You can use the backup and restore method however it is much faster but occassionaly dosent work so also export the hands so youll have a backup if it does fail http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12