PDA

View Full Version : Database recovery

viccini
08-31-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi there! I had to format my notebook and lost my database. How can I recover this database (I'de like to recover the hands I played for reviewing my sessions).

tyvm!

netsrak
08-31-2011, 04:20 AM
All your hands are moved by the auto-import to the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). So the easiest is to copy this folder from your old to the new PC and import it manually via import file/folder.

viccini
09-01-2011, 02:51 PM
All your hands are moved by the auto-import to the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). So the easiest is to copy this folder from your old to the new PC and import it manually via import file/folder.

I lost all the data in the notebook (including the archive folder). Can I recover it from postgres for example?

Patvs
09-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Reinstall PostgreSQL to the location of your old PostgreSQL database. There is a 50% chance it will detect the old database and can connect to it.

On which site did you play most of your hands? If you played on PokerStars, just email their support and request the handhistories for every hand you've ever played.

viccini
09-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Reinstall PostgreSQL to the location of your old PostgreSQL database. There is a 50% chance it will detect the old database and can connect to it.

On which site did you play most of your hands? If you played on PokerStars, just email their support and request the handhistories for every hand you've ever played.

I reinstalled PostgreSQL to the same location but it didn't detect the old database. Should I try to uninstall and reinstall again? Is there a possibility it works?

I played the hands on 888poker. Can I request the hands I played there?

tyvm!

Patvs
09-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Which SQL version did you use before?
If you used 8.3 before, also install SQL 8.3 (as 8.4 will not be compatible with the old database)

I'm not sure if 888poker can email you your handhistories. Try emailing their support.