PDA

View Full Version : Error when loading. "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b)"

siac
08-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I've installed Holdem Manager, however when I try and load it I get an error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b)", this happens after I click OK on a message telling me that Holdem Manager has found hand history.

I can't find a support email address on this website, or a way to submit a support ticket, and unfortunately I've already made the mistake of buying/registering my copy. For a paying customer I'm a little pissed off I have to resort to opening a forum topic to contact support.

Can someone help me please.

Screen shots, showing the first screen I get, and what happens after I click 'OK' are below.

http://www.switchsoftware.co.nz/images/hmss1.gif

http://www.switchsoftware.co.nz/images/hmss2.gif

siac
08-14-2008, 08:27 PM
One thing I didn't mention, but that is possibly relevant is that my Operating System is Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 edition. Usually any program that works on XP or Vista will work perfectly on here.

fabio
08-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi siac,

it can be possible that your OS is causing the problem. I'm not familiar with it, so no guarantee on that. Can you try to run the HoldemManager.exe HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe as Windows 2000 SP4.

By the way: support@holdemmanager.net is the email you were searching for :)

siac
08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the reply, however I don't understand your suggestion to try running those files as "Windows 2000 SP4", I don't have a copy of Windows 2000, only Windows 2003 (which is similar to windows 2000, only newer).

Do you suggest contacting the support email address you have provided? or is that going to go to you anyway?

Thanks

fabio
08-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Rightclick one of those 3 files, go to properties -> compatibility

siac
08-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I changed the Compatibility mode on all 3 of those files. I still get the exact same error.

Note - I only have Windows 2000 (no mention of SP4) in the dropdown of OS's I could choose.

I also tried with Compatibility mode on XP and get the same error too.

Is the fact my CPU is AMD x64 likely to be causing the problem? Any other suggestions?

If I can't get this working how do I go about getting my money refunded? I registered my copy through a promo on my Leggo Poker account.

fabio
08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
please contact support@holdemmanager.net for further help

Rvg72
08-23-2008, 12:16 PM
On Windows XP 64 Bit for some currently unknown reason you need to manually run dbcontrolpanel.exe for it to work properly. So go into the holdem manager folder and run that program and the rest should work ok.

Roy