PDA

View Full Version : Purging gone very wrong

lostinadream
06-07-2009, 05:40 PM
I tried purging a few hands from my player alias on cake network because the hands imported as cash when it was a tourney. and amazingly after i selected my screen name and the hands i wanted to purge it purged my whole database, apart from the actual hands i wanted to purge which was amazing, so im guessing holdem manager has deleted these for good? which was nice, but nonetheless i thought i could try and import them from the folder i stored the processed hands to, but to my fortune this also failed. So i am now... erm stuck on what to do!? help would be appreciated.

thank you.

morny
06-07-2009, 06:17 PM
This is what its supposed to do, it purges all the hands for the levels and date filters you set except username you select so you just done it the opposite way, im afraid the hands are lost unless you archived the hands, check your C:/HMarchive folder and try importing all those files and it might recover them

lostinadream
06-07-2009, 06:40 PM
right well i shut down holdem manager and then started it up agen and... my original db has lost most of the hands but not all, and my new db has actually managed to import the files from the archives which i assume are all the hands although, wot i cant understand is ive lost a player in my new db which isn't obviously a big deal... but when i imported the hands into pt3 and my new database to compare to see if everything was ok in pt3 it imported like 9K hands from the archives folder and in holdem manager i have like 16K hands, which i thought was odd, but my total number of hands is the same for my screen names in each. also i was wondering how reliable the archives folder was for processed files because in the past i have used the same thing for pt3 and it had loads of hands missing that hadn't been moved to the processed folder/archives folder.

thank you.

morny
06-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Not sure why PT3 has less files, the archiving works fine for HM and all hands should be there as long as you have it turned on, the issues occur if say for a few months you had it disabled or something like that