PDA

View Full Version : Get message "windows - no disk"

USCG
06-07-2009, 11:24 AM
During the running of HEM i get a frequent pop up window with the message "windows - no disk"
and inside the window is a cryptic message like "exception processing message c0000013 parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c"

With options to "cancel - try again - continue"

Only "continue" works

I am using the F drive instead of the C drive on this system.

Stats etc are all OK and system goes along until i click a tab in HEM

:confused:

morny
06-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Please email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

USCG
06-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks Morny - Morny fixed the problem by reinstalling the DB software and changing the Archive DB file from a C: directory to a F: directory - my system does not have a C: drive which is the default in the DB software. :)

chark3n
06-22-2009, 03:13 AM
i'm actually getting this error too, because my drive letter is I: not C:

so what's the actual fix for this? thanks

netsrak
06-22-2009, 03:25 AM
They made a reinstallation of the Postgresql Software on the right drive. But be careful, you will loose all your data.

chark3n
06-22-2009, 03:32 AM
i tried reinstalling postgresql, it says current directory is I: which it should be but while it's installing i get the exception processing message

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 05:45 AM
i tried reinstalling postgresql, it says current directory is I: which it should be but while it's installing i get the exception processing message

Can you please email fabio@holdemmanger.net with a link to this thread to schedule a Teamviewer session.

USCG
06-22-2009, 07:56 AM
The program installes on the correct drive but the "Archive Drive" does not follow the the install drive and remains on the "C" drive the default drive so you must change the "Archive Drive" I do not know if you can change that after the install or if you have to reinstall the whole thing.

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 09:17 AM
The arcchive folder can be edited from the HEM > Options > Configure auto-import folders.

chark3n
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
The program installes on the correct drive but the "Archive Drive" does not follow the the install drive and remains on the "C" drive the default drive so you must change the "Archive Drive" I do not know if you can change that after the install or if you have to reinstall the whole thing.

Which program am I reinstalling to make the archive drive letter change, the postgreSQL or holdem manager?

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Did you already email fabio and have a Teamviewer session to get it working?

I am a bit confused about where you are at in the process. What is the current state of HEM and SQL? Installed or not?

chark3n
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Did you already email fabio and have a Teamviewer session to get it working?

I am a bit confused about where you are at in the process. What is the current state of HEM and SQL? Installed or not?

Yes I just emailed fabio, no response yet

Currently I have both HEM installed and postgreSQL installed. When I start HEM the small loading window appears and the first no-disk error occurs. Then 2 more times once the main GUI window starts.

I tried reinstalling postgreSQL but i believe that's where the problem lies. During re-installation process, as well as the initial installation of postgreSQL, the no-disk error occurs.

And I also already changed the archive folder to I:\HMArchive, still no change

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
OK, thx for clarifying. I am sure fabio will contact you shortly. If he doesn't, please come back here and bump this thread and I will track him down for you. ;)

chark3n
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
OK, thx for clarifying. I am sure fabio will contact you shortly. If he doesn't, please come back here and bump this thread and I will track him down for you. ;)

okay thank you very much :)

chark3n
06-23-2009, 04:39 PM
hey just bumpin cause i couldn't get a hold of fabio. something happened where my emails weren't going through, "the email couldn't be permanently delivered"

if you can get a hold of him for me that would be great, thanks!

fozzy71
06-23-2009, 04:59 PM
He asked you to please try one more time, from an alternate email account or PC if possible, to help us determine what could be causing it. If it bounces back again go ahead and PM him here on the forums.

KingOrange
06-24-2012, 06:38 AM
Hi,

I know this is a very old bug but I got it last week.
I installed an anti-virus and after that I got this error too. I reinstalled SQL, didnt work. I reinstalled HEM+SQL and it didnt work. I reinstalled HEM several times after it but I cant fix it.

Can you please help me :-)

Patvs
06-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
Try uninstalling the anti virus program and reboot.

KingOrange
06-24-2012, 07:42 AM
I have Windows XP, all latest updates.

Im using an anti-virus from holland: KPN Veilig. I just removed it but I still get the error.

I dont know where to check the firewall.

I get the error when I start up HEM, so Im not even importing files.

KingOrange
06-24-2012, 02:54 PM
I found the error in this article is slightly different, sorry. This is the correct one. But it also says: Windows No disk

exception processing message c0000013 parameters 75b0bf7c 4 75b0bf7c 75b0bf7c

It looks like the problem is in Postgresql.

I have Windows XP, all latest updates.

Im using an anti-virus from holland: KPN Veilig. I just removed it but I still get the error.

I dont know where to check the firewall.

I get the error when I start up HEM, so Im not even importing files.

Patvs
06-24-2012, 09:52 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely
Kijk of je SQL 8.2 kan installeren naar poort 5433 en die het wel doet:
http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8.2.22/win32/postgresql-8.2.22-1.zip
Lees: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/70/ReinstallPostgreSQL

KingOrange
06-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I did all of this and while installing Postgres 8.2 I got the error of No Disk. My disk is H: and not C: But I cant change anything except for the install-directory, which is at H: by default.

I dont know whats going on. It worked for 4 years (on 2 different computers). I had Norton installed, and now I have an other anti-virus and I get this error. Even after installing and uninstalling the anti-virus, holdem and SQL I get the error (only for Holdem Manager as far as I know).

Thanks for the quick replies btw.

fozzy71
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I did all of this and while installing Postgres 8.2 I got the error of No Disk. My disk is H: and not C: But I cant change anything except for the install-directory, which is at H: by default.

I dont know whats going on. It worked for 4 years (on 2 different computers). I had Norton installed, and now I have an other anti-virus and I get this error. Even after installing and uninstalling the anti-virus, holdem and SQL I get the error (only for Holdem Manager as far as I know).

Thanks for the quick replies btw.

What is the 'other' antivirus you have? Have you tried to uninstall all 3rd party security programs, reboot and try the steps again?

If you continue to have problems, Please email support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let us know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update (http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5)
* - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps (http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php)
3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue

KingOrange
06-29-2012, 12:23 PM
The problem is solved! My friend found out the problem.

So it had to do with 'save removal' of devices in USB-ports. I didnt remove them safely, and apperently SQL had a problem with it suddenly.

Thanks for the quick responses, guys! Love the support.

fozzy71
06-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Thank you for letting us know what solved your problems.