PDA

View Full Version : CPU and memory usage way too high

fiammaz
08-29-2011, 01:04 PM
screenshot taken on i7 920, 6Gb ram

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7087/cpujc.th.png (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/cpujc.png/)

B-Money
08-29-2011, 02:25 PM
We're continuing to work on performance related issues. When HM2 is idle my CPU time is 0-1%. What's going on when you are showing the image above? NoteCaddy importing hands or HM importing hands? I haven't checked it out when 4 tabling lately but I'll do that later today when I have time for a quick session.

fiammaz
08-29-2011, 02:26 PM
We're continuing to work on performance related issues. When HM2 is idle my CPU time is 0-1%. What's going on when you are showing the image above? NoteCaddy importing hands or HM importing hands? I haven't checked it out when 4 tabling lately but I'll do that later today when I have time for a quick session.

NC is waiting for hands, and I'm switching through the tabs... nothing else...

B-Money
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM
One other thing that will give you a GB or more of ram usage is a large DB. The bigger the database the more resources it's going to eat. Programming is working on all of this right now and it should be better in future builds. I'll still check it all out when I hit the tables today for a session.

fiammaz
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM
One other thing that will give you a GB or more of ram usage is a large DB. The bigger the database the more resources it's going to eat. Programming is working on all of this right now and it should be better in future builds. I'll still check it all out when I hit the tables today for a session.

Well I got the database (700k hands) into a dedicated ssd...
I never have a problem like that with HM1.
And really I hope this issue won't last forever since it is pretty annoying and it makes HM2 not useable

Botmac
08-29-2011, 05:45 PM
I had my first issue with hem and cpu usage yesterday. I was 4 tabling at party with no problems for the first hour, then the computer went a little crazy, cpu was running at 90% and ram was maxed out (I have 8 gigs). Screen started to flicker, it got so bad I had to shut down by doing ctr,alt, del. I checked task manager and the two programs running high were party and hem. I was not running any other program at the time. I have 4 tabled at pokerstars with no problems before, this was my first time 4 tabling at party, could it be the party software causing the problem.

udbrky
08-29-2011, 08:00 PM
You can also try adding all exe's you use while playing to the exceptions list in your firewall.

Try stars again to see if you get the issue.

fiammaz
08-29-2011, 08:51 PM
You can also try adding all exe's you use while playing to the exceptions list in your firewall.

Try stars again to see if you get the issue.

Tried yesterday, as you told me on skype, however when I tried, the issues seems vanishing while in reality... it still there :(

fiammaz
08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
may I record a vid and show you how is impossible run HM2 while playing?

Sarek
08-30-2011, 01:03 PM
If you can - please do it. Upload to any filesharing server and send link.

fiammaz
08-30-2011, 01:04 PM
of course, I'll do it in the next session

shahrad
09-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Just imagine that lots of us have only 2GB ram.
4965 50% cpu usage when it is idle. Some of the time when I shut down HM2 it still shows lots of postgres processes and a high cpu usage till I stop postgres.

fiammaz
09-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Just imagine that lots of us have only 2GB ram.

yep, a pc for poker is generally a low spec one

udbrky
09-01-2011, 05:09 PM
We are researching this.