PDA

View Full Version : AppData - Local - Xenocode

speirs
06-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Everytime I start HEM this folders (and more) are created in C:\Users\My Dropbox. I can understand that HEM needs such folders but why on earth would it put it in my Dropbox? It's also in use all the time resulting in Dropbox errors. How can I move it to another location or whatever?

I'm using the latest HEM and Vista Home premium fully patched FWIW.

morny
06-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Its not possible to change this location at the moment

speirs
06-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Its not possible to change this location at the moment
OK, but why does it put this stuff in my Dropbox?

morny
06-08-2009, 10:55 AM
On my system it saves in the app data/local/xenecode folder, is this what you mean by the term dropbox as im not familiar with that term. I would imagine the reason there stored here is UAC dosent cause conflicts accessing programs in the local folder.

Id you mean dropbox is just a kind of shared folder or something maybe try chaging the default folder that uses to another place

speirs
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
On my system it saves in the app data/local/xenecode folder, is this what you mean by the term dropbox as im not familiar with that term. I would imagine the reason there stored here is UAC dosent cause conflicts accessing programs in the local folder.

Id you mean dropbox is just a kind of shared folder or something maybe try chaging the default folder that uses to another place
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, Dropbox is a system to share file between computers but it has nothing to do with Windows:

https://www.getdropbox.com/home

It's just a folder in my Users folder. I want HEM to NOT put that data in it because it causes Dropbox system to malfunction. The question is: why did HEM decided to use that folder, that has nothing to do with Windows nor is it installed on many other systems, to put its data?

morny
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Ok can you just confirm some things and ill escalate this to Roy.

For me the Xenocode folders are stored at myusername/app data/local/xenecode folder are you saying that yours are stored in C:\Users\My Dropbox instead?

speirs
06-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Ok can you just confirm some things and ill escalate this to Roy.

For me the Xenocode folders are stored at myusername/app data/local/xenecode folder are you saying that yours are stored in C:\Users\My Dropbox instead?

Hi, that is correct. I just double checked. Also, I checked the AppData folder that is in my home folder. There is a local folder in it, but no Xenocode folders. Finally, when I remove the AppData folder from my dropbox, HEM just recreates is the next time it is launched. Thanks.

fabio
06-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks, I have forwarded it to the developer

Rvg72
06-15-2009, 06:19 PM
I'd recommend uninstalling Holdem Manager, deleting/renaming the folder to make sure nothing is still there and then reinstalling. For some reason windows is telling Holdem Manager to use that to store local data files. Hopefully a reinstall fixes it

Roy