PDA

View Full Version : Growing problem with Microgaming GameHistory Importing

coleymc3
08-29-2011, 03:11 AM
So the way I've been manually importing Unibet hand histories is to create a folder in the 'unibetpokerMPP' directory, into which I copy and paste the GameHistory.dat file, and then instruct HEM to import from my newly created folder.

On subsequent imports, I copy the now bigger GameHistory.dat file and paste into my created folder, replacing what is already there from my previous import.

The growing problem is that the GameHistory.dat file will get bigger and bigger and take longer and longer to process. Is there a better way of importing Unibet hands?

netsrak
08-29-2011, 03:45 AM
You should not use a subfolder in the original handhistory folder - your folder should be somewhere else.
And instead of copying the gamehistory.dat file move it (cut->paste). The file will be generated with size 0 for your next session.

Sarek
08-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Not exaclty "0" :)
New empty DAT file has 2 kb

coleymc3
08-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Many thanks for that advice. I've adopted that way of doing things now, and it's working fine, but just a couple more queries arise.

When I do subsequent imports, what should I do with previously pasted dat file(s)? In other words, should I empty my newly created folder prior to cutting and pasting future dat.files? Do I move and replace previously pasted dat files or retain and rename subsequent files GameHistory(2), (3), etc?

Would it be a good idea to move previously imported dat.files to my Processed folder prior to subsequent cut and pasting of further dat.files?

Sarek
08-30-2011, 04:27 AM
you can rename it as you wish. And move where you wish.
HM2 allrerady does automtically moving DAT files to archive when it reaches some size (5 Mb), hm1 don't.