PDA

View Full Version : Imported HH - Winnings Missing

The Minder
06-06-2009, 01:41 AM
HEM 1.08.04

I finally got my newish computer set up and decided to install HEM & Postgres. All installations went fine and HEM connected to Postgres. I went to my old computer and did an 'export' of my current database, transferred that to my new computer and had HEM import from folder. No errors reported, everything came in fine. Set up my alias and hero names for PStars and FTP, selected the 'tourneys' tab (that's mainly what I play) and was surprised to see I hadn't won a darn thing.

The data shows I had many 1st, 2nd. 3rd places etc, but all tournies except 2 showed no $ as winnings. I've re-indexed the database, tried the process of importing 3 times into 3 new databases with the same result.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

morny
06-06-2009, 12:03 PM
If they are MTTs youll need to import the summaries as the Hand Histories dont have enough information, if youve still access to the old database you can export the summaries by going to data view right clicking the selected tourneys and choose to export summaries

The Minder
06-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Thank you Morny,

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my OP in that I didn't try and recreate my HEM database on my new computer by importing HHs. The HEM database on my old computer was up to date as I had imported summary files from PS and made manual adjustments for FTP tournies. I had confidence in the db integrity. Using the postgres connection dialog box, I selected this database and did an 'export'. The export file was then transfered to my new computer and it was this file I imported with less than desirable results.

Tbh, this raised serious doubts in my mind as to validity of the HEM db if a simple export/import fails. I would strongly recommend that RVG allocate some resources to this problem in lieu of additional functionality or site support. After all, the core of HEM is it's database and if there are questions as to the db integrity, or if users are required to re-import summary files from poker sites every time HEM breaks or goes through a functional upgrade, then support for the product is likely to wane.

Nonetheless, I resolved my problem by using PgAdmin and making a backup of the HEM database, creating a new db within PgAdmin on my new computer and then doing a 'restore' to this new db. This time, the data came across as expected.

morny
06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
The reason is because you didnt export the summaries you only exported the hand histories as the hand histories dosent have info like how many people were in the tourney or prize structure etc, if you exported the summaries it would have been fine but you can also do the back and restore if there isnt a problem with the old database which you did so that should work fine too.

The Minder
06-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Ahh.... silly me. I've searched the FAQ but can't find any reference to exporting summaries. Perhaps you could give me some guidance on how to do this?

Regards

fabio
06-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Tourney -> Results -> Data View -> Rightclick -> Export Tourney Results and Summaries