PDA

View Full Version : does HM calculate ICM?

roger_l
06-06-2009, 12:46 AM
I am trying to decide if I want to get HM or PT3 and I am wondering if HM can show ICM stats when reviewing a HH for a SNG?

Something like what SNG wizard does that shows if each hand was a proper shove or fold when short stacked? Is there a report like this?

morny
06-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Yes, heres a quote from Mike how its calculated

ICM stands for individual chip model. It is a way of estimating your $ expectation in a tournament, given the chip counts and the prize structure. The button calculates what your expectation was before the hand and what it was after.

If somebody was all-in before the river, it will calculate the probability of each hand result (e.g. player 1 beats player 2, player beats player 1, player 1ties with player 2). Then it calculates how many chips each player has after each result and from that the ICM-based expectation for the players for the result. It then weights the resulting expectations by the probability of each result to come up with an overall $ expectation.

The difference between your expected $ value over all the hand results and the actual $ value of the chips is luck.

drawflush
10-06-2009, 01:34 PM
this does not however cover hand ranges, this is showdown values...