PDA

View Full Version : HEM suddenly not working

BigOwl
08-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I have been using HEM for months now and has been working fine. I am running Vista and did all jumped through all the loading security hoops. This morning when I tried to open HEM I got an error that the program cannot read data from transport connection: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. I have no idea how to get program working again.

Please Help!

Episteme
08-14-2008, 02:15 PM
same.

ffrllc
08-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Same here.

I just downloaded HM last night and it was working fine, but today I'm getting this error when i try to open HM.

morny
08-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Can you all try the following:

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=153

Also let me know what OS your using, what postgresql version your using and what HM version your using and if youve done anything just before the problem started.

tuomo
08-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Same here. I downloaded the new version yesterday and it worked fine until i restarted my computer (XP). Then i reinstalled postgresSQL which fixed the problem. However today when i restarted my computer again the same thing happened. So something happens to postgresSQL when restarting I guess :P Any ideas how to fix it?

ffrllc
08-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm running Vista with HM version 1.06.01u.
PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2

I just downloaded HM for the very first time last night (still on the trial version if that has anything to do with it). It connected fine last night (although I couldn't import hands correctly), but today for some reason i can't connect and get the same error message listed above. I posted screenshots of the error messages in another thread (http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=1154)

When i follow the link you provided to see if postgres is automatically running I see that it is. But the screenshot from the link you gave me shows the postgresSQL Database in the last column ("log on as") is listed as "local system". In mine its listed as .\postgres. Is that a problem?

That link also says to make sure UAC is disabled. UAC doesn't need to always be disabled for HM to work on Vista, does it? I disabled it when i first installed HM, but then thought it was fine to re-enable. I sure i don't have to always have it disabled in order to run HM correctly as I don't want UAC permanently disabled on my system.

BigOwl
08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Tried going into postgre and selected stop then restarted and HEM started up fine

morny
08-14-2008, 03:31 PM
UAC will cause alot of problems if enabled with most programs aswell as holdem manager and does cause problems with the import process along with some other issues. AFAIK it causes problems with PostgreSQL too

You say it says logged on as .\postgres, have you followed the FAQ i posted to change that to log on locally and then rebooted your system?

Episteme
08-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Tried going into postgre and selected stop then restarted and HEM started up fine

yes, this.

ffrllc
08-14-2008, 04:20 PM

This worked for me as well, thanks.