PDA

View Full Version : HUD not working in FT with parallels

blaargh
06-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Seems to work ok in Stars, but I can't get it to work on laptop or desktop on Full Tilt. Mac os x 10.5.6, parallels 4, HEM 1.08.04

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
HEM 1.08.04

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
FTP, seems to work on Stars

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
Yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
Yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
Yes

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
Yes

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
Yes

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
Table Finder finds no unattached hands, but the table is listed in the table view and checked. The last hand overlay works, and active player details works but the overlay stat boxes show up with just the separators but no actual data. I will try to attach a pic.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
Yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
Win XP

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
Yes

blaargh
06-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Hopefully the image uploads here - shows the empty hud, with the last hand showdown feature working.

morny
06-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

blaargh
06-05-2009, 06:53 PM
seems to be working fine now, thanks a ton! I'll try switching the configs later - need to play with this a bit while it's still working first :)

blaargh
06-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Just to update a bit, in case anyone else has this problem.... I'm pretty sure that I had 2 installs on the same computer. I had tried HEM a bunch of months ago (on both computers I guess - I didn't even remember installing it) but I don't think I got much past installing the sw and opening it once before work got in the way. I finally got around to purchasing it, and installed the latest version, but I guess the old one stuck around and mucked things up a bit. The control panel found 2 copies, so I killed both and started over. So... long story short, deinstall, reinstall everybody happy.

Thanks Morny for your quick help. I hate making such noob errors, but I use win very little.

For anyone else wondering if HEM works on mac, the answer is yes. It's not lightning fast (I'm going to guess it runs queries a lot faster on a true PC), but the HUD works beautifully (I haven't tried more than a few tables at once though). Parallels 4 works waaaaaay better than 3, so def upgrade if you haven't already.