PDA

View Full Version : having trouble with importing hands and HUD

daveplayspoker
06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
I bought HEM small stackes a few months ago, but every few weeks or so, I'd get problems with the HUD. It just wouldn't work. Ifixed this by unistalling once. Another time I because really frustrated after that didn't work, but it started working by itself a few days later. Last time it happened (one week ago) I updated to 1.08.04 and that sovled it, but it's happened again and I've been trying for days to make it work.

The HUD simply doesn't appear, no hands are imported. My manual import doesn't work and on table manager, it either doesn't recognize tables, or if it does it always says "0/6 players" no matter how many people are playing.

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
I only play on stars at the moment

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
Lol...yeah

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
Yes I have

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
C:\Users\Kieran\Documents\HandHistory\duckdogblue

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
No

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
No

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
If by that you mean table scanner, then no, it didn't work

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
Yes they are

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
I am using vista. UAC is disabled

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
Yes

morny
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
When your replying to a message scroll down and youll see manage attachments, use that to attach the holdemmanager.config file and also attach a HH aswell please

daveplayspoker
06-05-2009, 08:35 PM
help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you know guys.....i can always buy pokertracker instead :D

morny
06-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Everything looks fine unless your playing fun money games which obviously wont import so please email me to arrange a suitable time to do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net

daveplayspoker
06-07-2009, 02:47 AM
I play real money games. What's a team viewer session?

morny
06-07-2009, 06:22 PM
It allows me access to your PC to fix the problem www.teamviewer.com

mish
06-09-2009, 01:16 AM
I also have the same problem. I've just been creating new databases everytime it happens, but thats becoming tiresome. My current database was okay for 22,000 hands and today the hud just randomly stopped working and i am also experiencing the 0/6 players. Morny if you are able to fix daves problem, could you let me know whats wrong?

thanks

morny
06-09-2009, 06:03 PM
If your getting regular problems and creating a new database fixes it then the database is becoming corrupt

The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to a system table.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

FWIW i have well over 10 million hands, could be double that or more tbh, i mine from 2 seperate PCs 24 hours a day, i update constantly and import hands constantly that people send to me to test and i also play poker regularly and i havent had a corrupt database on this PC or the last one i had so the problem is most likely your PC and not HM