PDA

View Full Version : Tournament cEV and $EV line

agregatx
08-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi,

It will be nice if the 'Luck Adjusted Winnings' line was processed by cEV before the final table, and $EV in the final table. That way we could have an adjusted line for multi-table SnG's and MTT.

The easiest way to know if we're playing in the final table is to count the total amount of chips.

Thanks,
Sorry for my English, is not my first language ;)

udbrky
08-26-2011, 04:12 PM
This info is not stored in the hand histories, and I don't think even the summary. There is nothing that shows how many players are left at other tables, or chip totals.

Patvs
08-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Does PokerStars write "welcome to the final table" (or something like that) to the handhistory file?

If they do, we could implement Final Table EV, where the final table is treated like a STT, showing Luck Adjusted Winnings.
However, for this to work, HoldemManager needs to know exactly what the payouts are of the final table, and when the final table begins.

So I don't think this will be added, as it can't be calculated on the fly for MTTs. Only for specific 90 man / 180 man SNGs with a standard payout structure.

agregatx
08-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Does PokerStars write "welcome to the final table" (or something like that) to the handhistory file?

If they do, we could implement Final Table EV, where the final table is treated like a STT, showing Luck Adjusted Winnings.
However, for this to work, HoldemManager needs to know exactly what the payouts are of the final table, and when the final table begins.

So I don't think this will be added, as it can't be calculated on the fly for MTTs. Only for specific 90 man / 180 man SNGs with a standard payout structure.

I've been looking at mine Hand Histories and PokerStars doesn't store any information when we reach the Final Table... At least now I can have an approximate idea of the luck adjustment using the cash games graphs for mtt.

Thanks for the quick response ;)

Alveriine
08-29-2011, 02:28 AM

Please don't do this. I don't trust in this types of ICM calculations, so the overall EV line wouldn' be consistent for me