PDA

View Full Version : DB connection problems

Daniel
08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Recently I had a HD crash. I had a backup, but HM can't connect to that DB anymore. I followed the steps on this page to connect:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/Move+Database+to+Another+Hard+Drive+or+Partition

But it is still on my C drive, atlhough I changed the registry to:

C:\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe runservice -N "postgresql-8.3" -D "G:\HM1DB\data" -w

any ideas?

Patvs
08-24-2011, 05:53 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Daniel
08-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Finally managed to connect to DB on other drive, but no hands are imported, all give import errors.

Log:

D:\handen 2\32811FR2011.04.2448.txt ERROR: 25P02: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

Duplicate hands are recognized.

edit: strange thing, changing the data folder in registry (and rebooting) doens't seem to connect HM to another database: number of players is the same, but the other database is twice as large.

edit2: The hands that give errors, are datamined hands, but these imported fine up to yersterday. HUD starts normally and these (actually played) hands are imported normally.

netsrak
08-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Please create a new database for a test and try to import the hands into this database - does this work?

Daniel
08-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Please create a new database for a test and try to import the hands into this database - does this work?

Yes that worked, what's the next step?

edit when I go back to my original database, again import errors. Also I can't view the hands of today's session, but I can see the data ($, VPIP, PFR etc)

Sarek
08-29-2011, 09:39 AM
This error means you database is corrupt. You can try to fix it, but this works not allways:
please see this http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+
but select REINDEX instead
if no success (odds are 60-70%) - use new DB. Import from c:/hmarchive all HHs in it.

Daniel
08-29-2011, 02:03 PM
fortunately I was in the 30-40%, thanks for the tip! Still strange how the DB got corrupted so sudden...