PDA

View Full Version : where are the notes stored? need it for a new installation of HEM

CF23
06-02-2009, 06:53 PM
hi

my laptop recently died but i was able to get the HD mounted in a repair shop and the data extracted onto an external HD.

now i installed HEM on my new laptop and was able to use the same license key by selecting computer #2 (since i had previuosly only used #1)

i had all my HH in the HMArchive folder, so i just reimported the whole stuff into the new installation of HEM.

that's all good and worked fine.

now i still have the old installation extrated on my external HD and would quite like to get the notes back. which files stores the notes? i would imagine i can simply copy it over into the new installation?

also just thinking about it, i should be able to do the same with the HUD layout configuration, right? any chance you can tell me which files i should copy over for notes and HUD config?

thanks in advance, much appreciated

morny
06-03-2009, 10:59 AM
The database info is stored in cluster of files and you cannot just take what info you need from them, you would have needed to export the notes through HM and then reimport them but this is not possible now since you no longer are able to start the old database

Your layouts can be saved by copying all the files from the RVGSoftware\HoldemManager\config folder on the old drive to the same folder on the new drive with the exception of the holdemmanager.config file which you should copy over, so copy all the files inside that folder except that one while HM is closed and restart and all you old layouts will be returned

CF23
06-03-2009, 01:24 PM
thanks monry
that's too bad about the notes...
i guess i'll just have to live with it and build again from scratch.