PDA

View Full Version : Observed hand histories dedictaed database

Shloogy
08-24-2011, 02:44 AM
PT has offered it since day 1, I can't see why HM should not offer this feature as well.

Basically it allows you to keep your primary database only for hands played by hero, while displaying stats from both DBs.

However, there must be some filter option to exclude duplicate hands from the observed HH db, otherwise we will get incorrect stats occasionally.

Sarek
08-24-2011, 05:16 AM
This allmost has no sence, you can hold all HHs in a single DB and that's easier to manage.
Can you provide some valauble agruments - why and for what this need to be implemented?

Shloogy
08-24-2011, 05:33 AM
This makes a lot of sense. When using observed hand histories aka datamined hands it makes a lot of sense to keep them seperate from Hero's own database. Even if you do play as high as a few million hands a year (which is extremely rare) the ratio between your observed db and your played db is 1:10 at the lowest.

Normally, you play around a few 100s of thousands hands, but your observed hands db contains millions (occasionally xx,xxx,xxx)

That said, import speed for your played hands will always be fast , your db will be smaller and other stuff like "vs hero" stats should perorm better. Reports should come up faster and overall db will function way better because you deal with a relatively small database.

You will hardly be needing to perform database maintenance.

You can keep your played db alive for years without needing to create new one every x amount of time.

and more. I think it's pretty much speaks for itself.

Sarek
08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
OK, thank you for explanation.
But: data retrieval would be slower if you want to merge 2 databases on the hud
This is the only one objection, there are more

what can multiple databases do that HM2 cant do? If you come up with a genuine issue that multiple databases can do then we will consider it or add a feature to compensate for whatever you are trying to do

Shloogy
08-25-2011, 02:00 AM
data retrieval would be slower if you want to merge 2 databases on the hud
Data retrieval on PT3 works great, thus I disagree.

udbrky
08-25-2011, 02:01 PM
It is being discussed, but right now, there's not enough of a reason to use 2 vs 1.