PDA

View Full Version : Does vs player really work?

El Helado
08-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I normally dont use vs player-filter but I did today. The only filter I have was "Limit" and chose a player and I have now tries 8 players and I am apparently a huge winner against all. This is not a humble brag however :). I have had a really lowsy year which huge losses and I tried som regs I know I have been losing to and still I show up as a big winner.

Then I tried something else. I went to the actual "vs players" and checked for yesterday. I lost 150$ to an opponent apparently. I then went back to "reports" and used the "vs player"-filter and for the first time, I show a loss of 26$ with yesterday. So somehow there is a disrepancy.

PS: I tried the second biggest loser. A player i lost 90$ to and I won 9 hands and he won 17. Then tried the filter again and I now show as a 8$ winner :S.

RDB
08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
The results you see in the $USD column on the line in the vs players section contain several filters so these results are most accurate. However if you run a filter in the general reports section for hands played versus the same player the results will very likely be different as the same filter is not applied to these winnings as in the vs players section. The results you see when you run this filter will just simply be your total winnings for those hands (the player involved may simply fold his big blind and you win/lose a stack versus another player at the table).

El Helado
08-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Sorry but I am a bit tired. So if I want to see how much money player1 has extracted from me (including stealing my blinds etc), what do i do?

Patvs
08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
You have two options:

-1 use default filters: Filter--> Edit--> Use vs Player--> vsPlayer
This will show all the hands you played against this player. Or you could look at the graph.
These will also include hands where this player raises and you fold from the button. (so you lose $0)
Just because this is a hand you're both dealt cards in.

-2 Go to the vsPlayers tab (Cash Games---> vs Players).
( clear vsPlayer filters used in -1)
This will show all the hands where you vs this player actually battled and you (or this player) lost at least 0.5 BB against each other. The default setting for this tab is to only show hands where the Min BB Won or Lost is 20 BB! (change this to 0 if you want to see all the hands)

thekabalist
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
i was gonna ask about vs player then saw this

ok i adjusted the blind to 0 and now i can see all hands...but if i look at total profit/loos on the list is different then wath show at the bottom of the hands...why??? and wich one is right??

ty max

Patvs
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Can you post a screenshot of the difference in results?

thekabalist
09-01-2011, 08:23 PM
23721 its vs ilmonaco

olliepower
09-02-2011, 12:41 AM
I am further investigating the issue and am asking some other mods about the solution.

RDB
09-02-2011, 04:44 AM
23721its vs ilmonaco

There are 2 reasons why the figures are different.

1. The result you see at the bottom is your TOTAL won/loss for ALL those hands. For example - you win 5bb in a hand from ilMonaco but you win 200bb from player "X" in a multiway pot. The result on the vs "ilMonaco" line filters out such winnings/losses.

2. The result on the vs "ilMonaco" line is in $ (USD). The hands view column below is in $ (Winnings) which is amount won without any currency conversions.