PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL: Cannot delete old database

PoK3rJacK
06-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi,

So I just bought HEM but I was having problems with PostgreSQL. I removed it, but as many may know, when you uninstall, it doesn't delete the databases. I've tried and tried but can't delete them.

I have Vista and can't gain access to the files. It just keeps saying access denied. I've logged on as Administrator and it tells me the same bs.

Any help? Is there any easier way to bypass this way of deleting it and deleting it someway through Command Prompt?

Thanks for any help

stretch00
06-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Are you using PGAdmin to drop the database?
Did you set HM.exe/HUD.exe/DBControl.exe as admin in vista?
Have you searched the FAQs?
How do I delete a Database? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/../faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21)

Holdem Manager Training
06-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Hi,

So I just bought HEM but I was having problems with PostgreSQL. I removed it, but as many may know, when you uninstall, it doesn't delete the databases. I've tried and tried but can't delete them.

I have Vista and can't gain access to the files. It just keeps saying access denied. I've logged on as Administrator and it tells me the same bs.

Any help? Is there any easier way to bypass this way of deleting it and deleting it someway through Command Prompt?

Thanks for any help

Vista can be a pain, yes!
If you can't delete any files in your c:\Program Files...
Disabling UAC might get you access to delete those files. Maybe not though.

I've also seen programs that will delete files on boot-up when you mark them for delete. Let me see if I can find the name of the program for you. I couldn't find the program I used, but googling "delete files on vista" brings up lots of solutions.

Good Luck...

FYI, I just nuked Postgres on a vista machine today... I was able to delete the postgres folder after uninstalling no problem. I know that doesn't help your cause, but I'm sure it's just something silly.

Ping me back if you still can't get it solved and I'll do all I can to help you out.

-HMT

PoK3rJacK
06-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys, I actually finally figured it out finally. It was a pain but got it.