PDA

View Full Version : Large black blocks appearing on screen

spanky
08-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi, I am running HEM on windows7 using a 23" external monitor and dell laptop.

Recently during my sessions ( that are played across 3 sites, the Microgaming skin Royal Vegas Poker, the Ongame skin Betsafe and the iPoker skin Poker Encore) large black chunks appear to cover my tables and desktop.

I sometimes get an error message saying "HEM Hud has stopped working" and need to restart the HUD and re-assign the HUD to the Microgaming and Betsafe which is quite frustrating while 10+ tabling.

I attached a crude picture I made in MSPaint to give you an idea of what happens.

Patvs
08-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows is updated by running a manual Windows Update. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

spanky
08-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Using Windows Firewall.

In my "Allow programs to communicate through Windows Firewall" feature there is no mention of holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe.

How do I add them?

netsrak
08-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Control panel -> windows firewall -> there should be functions to add programs

spanky
08-23-2011, 11:02 AM
As stated above holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are not appearing as options to let me "Allow" them in my firewall.

Patvs
08-23-2011, 12:02 PM
If you turn on the firewall, you should have the option to ADD exceptions.
"Allow another program" should be a button underneath the details/remove buttons.

spanky
11-20-2011, 09:22 PM
OK, Have done what you advised.

Still black blocks appearring all over the place at random intervals (every few hours...or sometimes twice in 10m etc)

Patvs
11-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Uninstall a program called "Stardocks" if you have that. (common on Dell laptops)

Run a manual Windows Update. Make sure it's updated to Service Pack 1, and install all .net framework updates.
And try to find an update for the videocard driver.