PDA

View Full Version : 1.06.01u

Rvg72
08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01u.exe

If you have PostgreSQL 8.0 then don't grab this update or the last one either. 8.2 or higher will work fine.

* (1.06.01 NEW) Exported HM notes now include the note icon type
* (1.06.01 BUG) Fixed bug importing Ongame hands where a player had a & or < in his name.
* (1.06.01 BUG) Some datamined party hands have doubled up lines and in some cases HM would still import the hand and this would cause stats to be off. Now these hands will be correctly marked as errors.
* (1.06.01 BUG) Fixed bug recognizing Prima Fixed Limit hands properly
* (1.06.01 BUG) Fixed Prima importing issue related to dead blinds and hands that are all-in
* (1.06.01 BUG) Fixed Prima importing issue involving hands where player shows 1 card
* (1.06.01 BUG) Fixed crash that would occur if you removed EV Difference from the hands view but kep Equity Pct in there.
* (1.06.01 BUG) Tries to auto fix an index building issue a few people have reported.
* (1.06.01 NEW) Bonuses now appear in the graph if you check the "Rakeback + Bonuses" box.
* (1.06.01 NEW) Preflop Cards section of player popup details now uses same graphical view as the main preflop tab
* (1.06.01 NEW) You can now export the hands view to csv file to view in Excel
* (1.06.01 NEW) In the replayer the hero will now have his alltime stats shown instead of no stats.
* (1.06.01 BUG) Fixed bug importing Absolute SNG hands
* (1.06.01 NEW) Some OnGame hands do not include the Button Seat position - HM now scans the hand action to determine this if it is missing
* (1.06.01 BUG) Fixed bug that would who a completely wrong EV$ in the sessions report when grouping by table
* (1.06.01 NEW) PT2 exports some ipoker hands with negative rake which is obviously wrong and previously HM marked these hands as errors but now it changes the rake to $0 and applies the difference against the amount won.

The Postgresql 8.0 issue is a particular query used in the importing which takes about a tenth of a second on 8.2+ but takes many minutes on 8.0 which basically kills the import process. This is that "Player Hands Error" message box problem that was recently brought up with 8.0 users. I am working on a solution that should work good on 8.0 or 8.2+ and hope to have that in the affected people's hands tomorrow.

Roy

smf
08-14-2008, 12:01 AM
the excel feature is very very cool, nice job!

mamba
08-14-2008, 12:58 AM
I don't understand what to do with this feature.
What exactly will you be using it for?

pelerin
08-14-2008, 05:34 AM
nice to see bonuses on the graph again :)
any time scale for including bonuses in reports?

devZERO
08-14-2008, 09:07 AM
"u" will hopefully deal with this as well. Made a couple of changes in that area

Roy
Regardings purging hand histories: I've still timeouts in u. My DB has now 5.5Mio hands.

Mrage
08-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Nice, good to see bonuses back.

Am I correct in assuming that, on FTP for instance, bonuses entered do not effect the MGR for the rakeback calculation? If so, bonus+rakeback will be slightly inflated unless people manually adjust the bonus amount they enter. Ex: a bonus (that isn't ironman year-end or mid-year) that you get on FTP comes off your MGR, so you effectively get (1-27%)=73% of the gross bonus amount.

Maybe you can employ a checkbox in the bonus entry as to whether the bonus comes out of MGR? If not, maybe just a little note somewhere to remind people to check whether it comes out of MGR will suffice.

Anyway, thanks for bringing bonus graphing back! Now I just need an MT Ratio and hourly adjusted for rakeback/bonus and I will be as happy as a little girl.

TwentyFourSeven
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Will there be a 8max Support for Ipoker?
I know many users who would be glad ;)

PokerKhan
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Iīm not an expert.
Isnīt it possible to upgrade from 8.0 to 8.3 and get rid of that problem? And not loosing all my datas of course?

Rvg72
08-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Nice, good to see bonuses back.

Am I correct in assuming that, on FTP for instance, bonuses entered do not effect the MGR for the rakeback calculation? If so, bonus+rakeback will be slightly inflated unless people manually adjust the bonus amount they enter. Ex: a bonus (that isn't ironman year-end or mid-year) that you get on FTP comes off your MGR, so you effectively get (1-27%)=73% of the gross bonus amount.

Maybe you can employ a checkbox in the bonus entry as to whether the bonus comes out of MGR? If not, maybe just a little note somewhere to remind people to check whether it comes out of MGR will suffice.

Anyway, thanks for bringing bonus graphing back! Now I just need an MT Ratio and hourly adjusted for rakeback/bonus and I will be as happy as a little girl.

It does not alter rakeback but I will take your advice about warning people that they might want to adjust the bonus amount to take this into account.

Roy

Rvg72
08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Iīm not an expert.
Isnīt it possible to upgrade from 8.0 to 8.3 and get rid of that problem? And not loosing all my datas of course?

Yes it is possible but not sure how that works exactly - has anyone else tried doing this? I should have a fix for 8.0 users today.

Rvg72
08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Will there be a 8max Support for Ipoker?
I know many users who would be glad ;)

What happens now with 8 max tables?

Rvg72
08-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Just about finished testing a new build that will working for Postgres 8.0 people

E-mail me if you have that Player Hands Error message box you get with large DB's and 8.0

Roy

smf
08-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't understand what to do with this feature.
What exactly will you be using it for?

Off the top of my head I can think of these applications:

1. If you play on a multitude of sites and use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of your bankroll, you can now easily export your daily results and teach the spreadsheet to import the data from there.

2. You have much much much more powerful graphing possibilities. You can literally graph any 2 statistics HM keeps track of and see how they relate to each other.

3. You can filter, add and rearrange data as you see fit:
- e.g. you could individually keep track of sessions where you 4-6 table vs ones where you 12+ table, which HM can't do at this point.

Basically you have endless possibilites in using the data and create analysis which might not be possible in HM for another 6-12 months, if you are just willing to put in a little effort and know how to use excel.

That said, I'm not even the one that suggested the feature, I just see the possibilities and think its really really cool.

TwentyFourSeven
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
What happens now with 8 max tables?

The Table Manager does not have the 8max option.
Only 10,9 and 6max, so the tables are recognized as 10max,
wich result in displaced stats.

PokerKhan
08-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Just about finished testing a new build that will working for Postgres 8.0 people

E-mail me if you have that Player Hands Error message box you get with large DB's and 8.0

Roy

installed - tested - works :)
nice job roy

zsp
08-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Is it only me, or HM became slower with this release?

Not sure, because I started a new database just when the upgrade came so don't know if it is the new db or HM. The new db is the same size as the original though.

zsp
08-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Is it only me, or HM became slower with this release?

Not sure, because I started a new database just when the upgrade came so don't know if it is the new db or HM. The new db is the same size as the original though.

It was the new db, not HM.

Thanks again, Roy!

Rvg72
08-15-2008, 02:25 AM
installed - tested - works :)
nice job roy

Ok great, anyone else with postgres 8.0 go ahead and download

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01u2.exe

Roy

TwentyFourSeven
08-15-2008, 03:18 AM

8max

Rillumarei
08-15-2008, 10:29 AM
I installed manually 1.06.01u maybe 30min ago. Before and after that, I tried to start HEM and this text appeared to the screen:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Can't read information about connection.

What's wrong?! :(

Rvg72
08-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I installed manually 1.06.01u maybe 30min ago. Before and after that, I tried to start HEM and this text appeared to the screen:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Can't read information about connection.

What's wrong?! :(

The update wouldn't have caused this unless you updated into the wrong folder. First make sure postgres is running by:

1) Open up control panel
2) Double click on Administrative Functions
3) Double click on Services
4) Find the postgresql service in the list then right click and press “Start”

jetsfan31
08-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Roy,

I downloaded U yesterday and used it with no problems, but I am getting the following message today:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Then, I get the Menu explaining to me the 3 options for Vista users

1. Disable UAC
2. Rght click and run as administrator
3. Repeat for hud, etc.

FYI, I run 8.2 on Vista. The only thing that I can even think of that could be screwing this up is the mandatory "security" files windows sends. I updated the computer last night and it put in a bunch of updates that you always have to download for vista. Ever since I downloaded the updates, I haven't been able to use HEM.

Any assistance in figuring this out would be appreciated.

jetsfan31
08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Roy,

I dug a little into the update descriptions and from what little I know about computers, this update could be the culprit....here's the description

Security Update for Windows Vista (KB953733)

Installation date: ‎8/‎15/‎2008 2:01 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain access to information. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=120577

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Sorry if this information isn't helpful, just trying to get you on the right path.

Rvg72
08-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Sounds like that could be at least part of the problem. Can you go into Windows Control Panel - admin Tools - Services and find postgresql and tell me if it is started. If not right click and start.

Also, make sure Control Panel - Users - User Access Control is turned off

If it still does not work then maybe we could do a teamviewer session. E-mail me at support@holdemmanager.net

jetsfan31
08-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Roy,

I had the UAC off and on the services menu it said that the Postgres 8.2 was started. But those were the same settings I had when it said HEM wouldn't run.

What I did was right click on Postgres 8.2 in the services menu and used the restart option. That seemed to do the trick.

I just tested HEM on both of the sites I play on and everything is working perfect. Thanks again for your prompt assistance and for continually taking the time to work with all of us who swear by this software. Thanks again.

Thrahl
08-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Stats retrieval speed in the the reports tab is much improved for me in this build. It used to take up to 3-4 minutes depending on the report, now its almost instant.

:D

ShLiM
08-15-2008, 05:15 PM

what is that feature ??:confused:

tightymcfish
08-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi I went from update i to this one u.

Does that mean I have to download all the other updates in between too?

Kind of a computer noob. sorry

smf
08-15-2008, 10:08 PM
what is that feature ??:confused:

* (1.06.01 NEW) You can now export the hands view to csv file to view in Excel

actually not only the hands view, but actually any stat grid you want to :)

TwentyFourSeven
08-16-2008, 06:25 AM

I would really like to hear, that this will get fixed :p

ForrestGrump
08-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Nice Excel feature, thumbs up :D

DWarrior
08-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok great, anyone else with postgres 8.0 go ahead and download

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01u2.exe

Roy

8.0 here. I used to get the connection timeout error or import at 10h/s, now it's going extremely fast and I actually get HUD pot updates in real time and not 1 minute later. Thanks for the update!

ShLiM
08-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Nice Excel feature, thumbs up :D

please write some basic guide lines how to use it, just basic for now pls pls pls

Rvg72
08-16-2008, 04:33 PM
8.0 here. I used to get the connection timeout error or import at 10h/s, now it's going extremely fast and I actually get HUD pot updates in real time and not 1 minute later. Thanks for the update!

:) Thanks for letting me know

morny
08-16-2008, 06:08 PM
please write some basic guide lines how to use it, just basic for now pls pls pls

Right click and choose Grid to csv file, choose somewhere to export the file and then open that file in Excel

TwentyFourSeven
08-17-2008, 03:13 AM

Uhmmmm ???
Just a short statement please, RVG !!!

JazzPunk
08-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Whats about the many duplicate Hands during the import of observed hands? I have always more than 10% duplicates.

If you look into this post you can see that this in not only my problem!

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=1238

morny
08-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Whats about the many duplicate Hands during the import of observed hands? I have always more than 10% duplicates.

If you look into this post you can see that this in not only my problem!

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=1238

For what site is this and are you using the newest update http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01u.exe, myabe the next time you notice alot email me the HH to morny@holdemmanager.net

Do you play and import simulataneously?

Rvg72
08-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Uhmmmm ???
Just a short statement please, RVG !!!

Sorry, we'll need more time to figure out how this should work

lirarmange
08-17-2008, 10:13 PM

I play 5max tables and use the 6max option.

Just make a new layout and put seat9 in a corner of the table or something and use the 9max option.

kidpokeher
08-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm a version behind, I know. I have problems purging hands. I made the mistake of importing without importing observed hh's. Tried to purge the hands so I could import again with the option changed. Got this error during the purge process:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex
at System.Text.StringBuilder.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at HoldemManager.଒.ୈ(Object ՚, EventArgs ՛)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonX.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonX.OnMouseUp(MouseEve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItemControl.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I think it pops up when no stakes are selected (I assumed all are selected by default) but I'm not 100% sure. When I did select stakes the purge seemed to work.