PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL not installing

woody317
05-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I've been using Holdem manager fine for a few months. However I started my computer the other day and it said a file in PostgreSQL was corrupted. Upon restarting my computer, the disk check deleted this file and holdem manager stopped working. I've uninstalled both holdem manager and postgreSQL and am trying to reinstall them.

Every time I get to the "initialize database cluster" screen and set the changes, when I click next the installer stops working. Nothing seems to happen no matter what I do so I can't install PostgreSQL. Any help would be much appreciated.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 11:08 PM
go to the FAQ bellow
How to Re-Install PostgreSQL and use a previous database? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/../faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177)

and start here Ok then post again and I'll try to help

stretch00
05-30-2009, 11:37 PM
You have to follow the FAQ 100% correct

woody317
06-02-2009, 03:56 AM
I still get to the page in the install that says "initialize database cluster". When I put in the password and click on next nothing happens. Could it be that a security setting is preventing it or something? I'm just at a loss.

Thanks for the help so far. If I can't use my old database I really don't mind but is there any way to completely reset postgreSQL on my computer because something's stopping it from installing properly.

Holdem Manager Training
06-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Postgres can be a bugger!!! Vista Machine?

Yes, security software is usually the problem. Since your database seems corrupt, I'd completely uninstall Postgres and completely uninstall all security related software. Not just disable it, but uninstall it until you get postgres working and connecting to Holdem Manager.

Reboot after all the uninstalls.

Rename old postgres folder on c:\Program Files\Postgres

Try installing Postgres again.

You'll probably need to change the "Account Name" on this screen.
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/files/Image/postgreSQL7.jpg

Good Luck