PDA

View Full Version : error retrieving player list: xx001: block 2465

minifruit
05-30-2009, 02:54 PM
hello,

i upgraded hm yesterday and it worked fine for a few hours. however, it started
giving me the following error message:an error occured when retrieving the player list: error xx001: invalid page header in block 2465 of relation "players."

the players are all gone from the db now too.

i see no index called players, but i tried reindexing those with the word player in the name. nothing has worked. what can i do?

i also tried making a new db, which is really my least choice worthy option as i have so much manually entered info which i cant seem to retrieve off the original db.

any help appreciated. thanks.

morny
05-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Im afraid the database is corrupt and i suspect it will give errors exporting the hands too but you can try http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 but you could also use the hands in the archive and reimport those into the new database but unfortunately youll lose manually entered info

minifruit
06-07-2009, 03:29 PM
so i made a new db, imported the hands, and lost all manually entered info. now i get the same error message, and all my players are gone, again. this is obviously reallly annoying and i dont know what to do. everything was fine, and now im registered in like 30 tourneys for sunday, with another corrupt db, and not time to reimport my hands again, especially as the new db will be corrupted again.

morny
06-07-2009, 06:39 PM
You can export the summaries to via the Data View column, select all the tourneys and right click and choose export summaries and results and import this into the new database

If your getting multiple corruptions thought it looks like a problem on your end. The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to one or more of the tables.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

I use HM almost everyday for the last year or more, i import more hands than probably anyone else as i have to test them daily for people with problems, i change versions more regularly than most people, i mine from 2 seperate computers into my database that mine 24hours a day and i also play poker regularly and ive never had a corrupt one yet using 2 different PCs so its not a problem with HM

minifruit
06-09-2009, 05:27 AM
thanks for your reply. im pretty sure the answer to my question is no, but its worth a shot. is there a way to get my manually entered info (notes and tourney results) from the corrupt dbs?

minifruit
06-09-2009, 05:55 PM
well it must have been the sudden powering off that corrupted my dbs as my computer just froze, and upon powering it off with the button, my newest db crashed. i have no idea why the laptop is freezing though....no viruses or stuff like that. also, do you think HM may be causing my ftp to crash? this is what ftp suggested in their reply to me.

morny
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
How often does it happen? Maybe try playing with HM off for a while, have you checked the event viewer for the times of the freeze crash might give some indication whats causing the problem, it would be easy for me to blame FTP but if this was a HM thing we would have tons of threads since FT is one of our biggest customer bases so its most likely something else or a combination of some programs on your system and the best way is to narrow it down by using only Full Tilt and test for a while, then use FT and HM, then use just FT another program you run regularly etc etc

When i say only FT and another program i mean close absolutely everything including ahk scripts, msn, firewalls and antiviruses, everything

minifruit
06-09-2009, 06:44 PM
thanks...i will try your suggestion..think it might be messenger. im pretty sure the answer to my question is no, but its worth a shot. is there a way to get my manually entered info (notes and tourney results) from the corrupt dbs?

morny
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Im not sure if it will just give errors when you try it but give it a shot

Tourneys TAB > Results > Data View > Right click all the tourneys and choose export tourney results and summaries

minifruit
06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
when i tried to export the summaries from the corrupt dbs, there were no players in the list for me to choose from. and the error is something like "relation players." do you think there is a way for me to get the players to show?

morny
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Maybe it might allow you to fix the index but its a longshot http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=168

minifruit
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM
the reindexing didnt work for all of the files but i found a backup file which i attempted to restore. should the summaries for tourneys be restored as well or did i have to export them seperately? also, there seem to have been errors with the restore according to the text which came up at the end. i dont understand what they mean so i will copy paste it hear. thanks for your help.

andhistories_pkey postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table "handhistories" are not allowed
Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY handhistories
ADD CONSTRAINT handhistories_pkey PRIMARY KEY (pokerhand_id);
pg_restore: creating CONSTRAINT hemplayernotes_pkey
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1993; 2606 17320 CONSTRAINT hemplayernotes_pkey postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table "hemplayernotes" are not allowed
Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY hemplayernotes
ADD CONSTRAINT hemplayernotes_pkey PRIMARY KEY (note_id);
pg_restore: creating CONSTRAINT holecards_pkey
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1937; 2606 17115 CONSTRAINT holecards_pkey postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table "holecards" are not allowed
Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY holecards
ADD CONSTRAINT holecards_pkey PRIMARY KEY (holecard_id);
pg_restore: creating CONSTRAINT manuallyenteredsession_pkey
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1986; 2606 17280 CONSTRAINT manuallyenteredsession_pkey postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table "manuallyenteredsession" are not allowed
Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY manuallyenteredsession
ADD CONSTRAINT manuallyenteredsession_pkey PRIMARY KEY (manuallyenteredsession_id);
pg_restore: creating CONSTRAINT playerhandsflop_hero_pkey
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 2011; 2606 17379 CONSTRAINT playerhandsflop_hero_pkey postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table "playerhandsflop_hero" are not allowed
Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY playerhandsflop_hero
ADD CONSTRAINT playerhandsflop_hero_pkey PRIMARY KEY (playerhand_id);
pg_restore: creating CONSTRAINT playerhandsflop_pkey
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1956; 2606 17176 CONSTRAINT playerhandsflop_pkey postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table "playerhandsflop" are not allowed
Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY playerhandsflop
ADD CONSTRAINT playerhandsflop_pkey PRIMARY KEY (playerhand_id);
pg_restore: creating CONSTRAINT playerhandsriver_hero_pkey
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 2015; 2606 17389 CONSTRAINT playerhandsriver_hero_pkey postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table "playerhandsriver_hero" are not allowed
Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY playerhandsriver_hero
ADD CONSTRAINT playerhandsriver_hero_pkey PRIMARY KEY (playerhand_id);
pg
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1975; 1259 17234 INDEX compiledresults_idx2 postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: relation "compiledresul
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error fro

minifruit
06-10-2009, 01:23 AM
noticed another strange problem. when i filter "all hands", im only getting 400ish (not close to all), yet when i search for myself in the player tab, it shows me listed with 300k hands.

morny
06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
There were errors with the backup file im afraid so that looks corrupt too