PDA

View Full Version : Finally fixed 127.0.0.1error message problem...BUT!!!!

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I was able to follow all the directions and get HEM to work and get a connection to postgress BUT it's worthless because it's a brand new database. I lost every thing, WTF WTF WTF, what good does this do me? none! some1 thats knows ehat they're talking about, please tell me what to do to get my old database back woth all my hands, players, ext. PLEASE>

stretch00
05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Did you back up your database before doing any thing?

stretch00
05-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Since I just noticed this is the only post you ever made, how about starting off with a good description of your problem and the steps you have taken up to this point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way someone with a little more experience may be willing to help.

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 06:27 PM
I was trying to open my HEM, and along with many others apparently, I was getting an error message saying it couldn't connect to the database with 127.0.0.1 after it. I guess there was a thread made specifically for this issue so I followed what I tho was everything which I had to do to try to get this resolved. I rebooted and went to see if everything was cool, went to open HEM, and it finally opened like it always had umpteen times before, but when I git into to it, it was a completely new database, no hands, no players, everything was brand new, like from the start. and what I;m trying to find out if it's to late or if my old database could be somewhere where i can reinstall it. I;m thinking it has to be somewhere, I just need some assistance how to replace this new database I somehow have in there. pleas help.

stretch00
05-29-2009, 06:32 PM
OK
what OS xp/vista(crap)?
HM used to work fine correct?
Have you made any big changes to you comp recently?
Did windows update?

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 06:40 PM
OK
what OS xp/vista(crap)?
HM used to work fine correct?
Have you made any big changes to you comp recently?
Did windows update?

OK OS is Vista.

HM has not given me 1 problem. A few hours b4, it was fine, them I go to open HEM up and it gives me that error message, been going thru trouble shooting steps for hours today regarding the error mess. and regar. the fact I do run Vista.

No big changes, not any changes.

I think WIndows updates daily if i'm correct. An also, I did read in the thread regarding this error message that alot of ppl have been having prob's with this and it iss becasue of a windows update.

stretch00
05-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Most of the time I see this problem,it's because people did NOT follow the newbie guide to the LETTER.But lets figure it now.OK

Are you logged in as ADMIN on vista?
Is UAC turned OFF?
HM works you just need your database correct?
Are HM.exe HUD.exe DBcontrol.exe running as ADMINs?

stretch00
05-29-2009, 06:55 PM
are you with me or not?

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 06:57 PM
are you with me or not?

im here sorry

stretch00
05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
answers for those questions?

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Most of the time I see this problem,it's because people did NOT follow the newbie guide to the LETTER.But lets figure it now.OK

Are you logged in as ADMIN on vista?
Is UAC turned OFF?
HM works you just need your database correct?
Are HM.exe HUD.exe DBcontrol.exe running as ADMINs?

I think I'm logged in as admin, MY uac IS TURNED off cuz that was a step i followed earlier, yes everything works now, but its just a brandnew datbase.

morny
05-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Can you verify something its important before knowing what the real problem is.

Your stats just dont disappear so there either in the database and you cannot connect properly or theres something wrong with the database that wont allow it to display the stats or 2 you created a new database and your using that, if you done no 2 youll know as its not something you can do by mistake see this FAQ on what you would have needed to do to create a new database

the 3rd scenario is if you reinstalled a new version of PostgreSQL and didnt reconnect to the old database, if you connected to the old database you would have needed to "untick the initialise database cluster" box during installation as shown in this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

If you didnt do no2 or no3 then its likely a database problem or a connection problem, when you look at all the TABs in HM youll see Import, Cash Games, Tourney, Players, Scanner

For the Players TAB it should show the number of player in your database so youll see something like Players (20374) what does yours say?

The one other thing is you might have a filter on, check the date filter and set it to ALL HANDS and then go to Filter > Clear and Filter use for all and now check all the tabs and see if they show up now

stretch00
05-29-2009, 07:06 PM
So you did not back up the database before correct

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Can you verify something its important before knowing what the real problem is.

Your stats just dont disappear so there either in the database and you cannot connect properly or theres something wrong with the database that wont allow it to display the stats or 2 you created a new database and your using that, if you done no 2 youll know as its not something you can do by mistake see this FAQ on what you would have needed to do to create a new database

the 3rd scenario is if you reinstalled a new version of PostgreSQL and didnt reconnect to the old database, if you connected to the old database you would have needed to "untick the initialise database cluster" box during installation as shown in this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

If you didnt do no2 or no3 then its likely a database problem or a connection problem, when you look at all the TABs in HM youll see Import, Cash Games, Tourney, Players, Scanner

For the Players TAB it should show the number of player in your database so youll see something like Players (20374) what does yours say?

The one other thing is you might have a filter on, check the date filter and set it to ALL HANDS and then go to Filter > Clear and Filter use for all and now check all the tabs and see if they show up now

players are O, no hands, no stats, my player name is even gone, nothing. i think it could be i just created a new database and the new one is the one i'm using but i;m tryin that filter thing now.

morny
05-29-2009, 07:13 PM
ok unless you physically deleted the database then you can just reload it, if you did delete it you would have had to followed detailed instructions http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21 so i doubt you done this?

If not then go to Options > Database Management and then press the connect button when prompted and you should see all your databases, the empty one will be the one with default written beside it, select the one that dosent have default, click the use as default button and then start HM and now does it recover your database

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 07:15 PM
ok unless you physically deleted the database then you can just reload it, if you did delete it you would have had to followed detailed instructions http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21 so i doubt you done this?

If not then go to Options > Database Management and then press the connect button when prompted and you should see all your databases, the empty one will be the one with default written beside it, select the one that dosent have default, click the use as default button and then start HM and now does it recover your database

I'm trying this

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 07:18 PM
theres one database and it has default next to it/ what this mean?

morny
05-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Then you must have reinstalled a fresh copy of PostgreSQL and didnt connect to the old database.

Have a look in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL is there 2 folders in there?

Basically you should have 2 data folders somewhere one is the blank one and one is the old database and we just need to reconnect to the old one instead.

If you respond quick enough and download www.teamviewer.com and send me the ID and password teamviewer creates within the next 10 mins ill join your PC and fix it, its 00:30am here so i wont be around much longer, if its after that email me to arrange a suitable time for tommorrow.

stretch00
05-29-2009, 07:25 PM
thats the database that HM is CURRENTLY using.
Did you follow MORNYs steps?
Do you have any info in your cash tabb etc,etc?

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 07:25 PM
this sucks, 2 years of hard work and it's gone, it's so dam depressing. i do appreciate the help tho but i just dnt know!

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 07:29 PM
thats the database that HM is CURRENTLY using.
Did you follow MORNYs steps?
Do you have any info in your cash tabb etc,etc?

Yes mornys steps are what iv followed for about 5 or 6 hours today, that's how I got to where i am and i know i clearly made a mistake somewhere.

but there is no info anywhere in HEM, no nothing, its like I just started today, like i said my poker name isnt even in there. when I try to go into differnt tabs, it asks me to but in a name so its all blank. :((((((((((((((( what a waste of time, all that gone!

stretch00
05-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Then you must have reinstalled a fresh copy of PostgreSQL and didnt connect to the old database.

Basically you should have 2 data folders somewhere one is the blank one and one is the old database and we just need to reconnect to the old one instead.

If you respond quick enough and download www.teamviewer.com (http://www.teamviewer.com) and send me the ID and password teamviewer creates within the next 10 mins ill join your PC and fix it, its 00:30am here so i wont be around much longer, if its after that email me to arrange a suitable time for tommorrow.

did you follow this one! It seems prety simple

morny
05-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Yes mornys steps are what iv followed for about 5 or 6 hours today, that's how I got to where i am and i know i clearly made a mistake somewhere.

but there is no info anywhere in HEM, no nothing, its like I just started today, like i said my poker name isnt even in there. when I try to go into differnt tabs, it asks me to but in a name so its all blank. :((((((((((((((( what a waste of time, all that gone!

Sorry dont post the ID and password here, i meant to give you the email address to send them to morny@holdemmanager.net but youll need to be quick wont be around for long

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 07:44 PM
sorry im to FLUCKIN stupid to be able to download teamveiwer, i fin hate mylife!

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 07:51 PM
sent hope its not too late ty ty ty ty so much ill owe u

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
is that correct?

stretch00
05-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Did you catch MORNY? to do a team view?

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Did you catch MORNY? to do a team view?

nope of course i didnt, i misse him, thats sucks. i hope i can get him tomorrow or later tonight. i did notice that there is 2 data filed that he mentioned, but he didnt say what to do if there was 2, just that we neede to get the right one connected.

sheetzie03
05-29-2009, 08:38 PM
couldnt really even figure out how to download teamviewer anyway

stretch00
05-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Thats great that means all your data is there,just have to connect it.

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Thats great that means all your data is there,just have to connect it.

Hey, you wldnt know how to do it wld u ?if not, its ok, how can i set up a time for the teamviewer with him cuz I cnt Pm him, just set it up via his email? tonight maybe or tommorow u think?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:08 AM
I think all you need to do is find that database in sql.If you want we can try now but you gotta stay w/me because what I'm going to tell you to do I also do it myself on my system

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I think all you need to do is find that database in sql.If you want we can try now but you gotta stay w/me because what I'm going to tell you to do I also do it myself on my system

b4 we do thid, do u know for sure about what we aew gonna do and is the correct thinh to do?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:17 AM
you should be able to just go>in HM >options Database mngt and open that brings you to another window which shows your databases.
there should be 2 there.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:18 AM
b4 we do thid, do u know for sure about what we aew gonna do and is the correct thinh to do?
Yeah this is no problem at all

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:20 AM
This is normal stuf,after you get more familliar with HM i've made 12 different database so far for myself and guided a few people through worse

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:23 AM
are you with me?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:23 AM
you should be able to just go>in HM >options Database mngt and open that brings you to another window which shows your databases.
there should be 2 there.

There's not 2 in that spot, like i said earlier, there was only 1 with default next to but in the place where Morty was talking about where there should be 2 data files, one of the 2 shld be empty, finding these under c:/programfiles/postgres...this is where there are 2 data files i was speaking about, not where you were speaking in the above example.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Hello the only reason i"m here is to help you so if you dont want the help tell me so i can go.If you want the help you need to answer me asap

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Can you do the tableviewer thing?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Hello the only reason i"m here is to help you so if you dont want the help tell me so i can go.If you want the help you need to answer me asap

Im sorry I want the help I want the help, i was just trying to explain myself thats all sorry man

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:34 AM

If you respond quick enough and download www.teamviewer.com and send me the ID and password teamviewer creates within the next 10 mins ill join your PC and fix it, its 00:30am here so i wont be around much longer, if its after that email me to arrange a suitable time for tommorrow.

This is the one I was talking about, I went backed and looke and there were 2 different data files, one original, back when I was going thru mortys steps an I renamed the data file 'data_original' and then the other is just 'dat'. So there is 2 seperate data files, he says one is empty and one is the one we need to connect but im not sure how to do that.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:37 AM
NO thats why I need you to only do exactly what I say no more no less.
And I need you to respond asap and step by step
But this is realy easy if you can do the above!

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Ok willing to do what i need to step by step asap so which aboove are u speaking about?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:42 AM
this is the above: """"""NO thats why I need you to only do exactly what I say no more no less."""""""""""""""""
"""""""" And I need you to respond asap and step by step""""""""

this is what i mean nowhere in this thread did any one tell you to start re-name files.
I dont think you should have done that.So go back there and put it back EXACTLY as it was named before.

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:43 AM
this is what i mean nowhere in this thread did any one tell you to start re-name files.
I dont think you should have done that.So go back there and put it back EXACTLY as it was named before.

Ok ill do that but in one of Morkys thread, he indeed says to do that or I wouldn't have done it, but ill go back and change it right now.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:47 AM
After you fix named file post again fixed

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Ok what would you like me to do next?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:48 AM
After you fix named file post again fixed

huh?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
What i di was try to change the file data_original back to the original which was data, and it wouldnt let me cause they were the same exact file so I deleted data_original cause apparently all i did was mae a copy of data and call it data_original.

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:52 AM
What i di was try to change the file data_original back to the original which was data, and it wouldnt let me cause they were the same exact file so I deleted data_original cause apparently all i did was mae a copy of data and call it data_original.

SO nothing hurt, what was there b4 is whats there now.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:54 AM
ok you sure it's exact?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:56 AM
ok you sure it's exact?

let me dbl check real quick

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 12:57 AM
let me dbl check real quick

yes

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:58 AM
IN HM go to Options > Database Management and then press the connect button when prompted and you should see all your databases,
the empty one will be the one with default written beside it,
select the one that dosent have default,
click the use as default button and then start HM and now does it recover your database?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:02 AM
IN HM go to Options > Database Management and then press the connect button when prompted and you should see all your databases,
the empty one will be the one with default written beside it,
select the one that dosent have default,
click the use as default button and then start HM and now does it recover your database?

AGAIN, I did this, and again there is only one database listed with default next to it, it's the only one listed.

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:04 AM
could you do the viewer with me?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:04 AM
OK close HM
Go> start>programs> posgreSQL>PGADMIN

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:06 AM
I dont have team viewer capability this is the best I can do but its not easy for me so you have to help.
are you in SQL?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:06 AM
OK close HM
Go> start>programs> posgreSQL>PGADMIN

im there

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:08 AM
I dont have team viewer capability this is the best I can do but its not easy for me so you have to help.
are you in SQL?

im pgadmin like u said waiting

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:10 AM
under server1 dbl click > sql database

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:12 AM
under server1 dbl click > sql database

its asking for a password? what shld I do?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:13 AM
put your pass in that the 1 the giude SPECIFICLY TOLD YO TO REMEMBER

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:14 AM
please enter password for your user Postgres on server postgreSQL database server 8.3(localhost)?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:16 AM
YESSS, i'm in now what/

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:16 AM
yes put the pass in! you do have it I hope

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Databases2>drop that menu and how many are there?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Im actually prety pumpe cause under databases iit has a 2 in () si im thinking that means there are 2 seperate databases and i didnt lose it nut not getting my hopes up but im not touching anything until u say to!

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Databases2>drop that menu and how many are there?

ones says holdemmanager and the other says postgress, is that bad?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:21 AM
hey if you somehow get this to work, you have my word that once i get some $ built up, in a week or two prob, ill be sending u a nice lit something via the player transfer option! u got that? so getter done!

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:25 AM
well bad news is the other database is not sitting here.But let me think a little and tinker with mine

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:27 AM
All is not lost so dont freak

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:30 AM
All is not lost so dont freak

I am freaking but if u say so, this just sucks so dam bad, what a HORRIBLE FEELING. I appreciate you being here tho, really i do

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:30 AM
I need some info:
Did you ever backup the database before using PGAdmin?
You have been Archiving all your HHs correct?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:37 AM
We know the data is still on your computer in that file you renamed,thats the old database.And the 1 your on now is the new 1. I was hoping the old would be sitting next to the new one in SQL.But it doesn't work that way.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I need some info:

I still need these answers

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:40 AM
I need some info:

i do not think i ever backed it up using pgadmin....and im not sure what u mean about archiving my HH. Ever since I got HEM, my hands and player have built up and up since I've started. The only change I can recall is updating HEM to a new version But whats archiving HH?

personally, i think this problem is from the steps i took ti try to correct this eror message with 127.0.0.1 in, pretty sure it was either morkys threads i followed or the FAQ troubleshooting / regarding this error message that i followed.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:46 AM
the problem did start with what you did to rectify the error.
Whats happened is you re-installed SQL but you failed to follow the dirrection to re-connect to a previous database so SQL just installs fresh,thats why you have 2 of those folders.
Somewhere on your computer most likely in your documents is a folder that HM sends ALL of you HHs after it has imported them thats the archieve
CAN YOU FIND THIS FOLDER?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:53 AM
In HM go> import tab> clik add import folder> highlight 1 of you set folders> click edit and the second box shows the path to you archive, remember and close dont change anything then go to that folder on your comp

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Where are you

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 01:59 AM
In HM go> import tab> clik add import folder> highlight 1 of you set folders> click edit and the second box shows the path to you archive, remember and close dont change anything then go to that folder on your comp

goin to that folder now

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:59 AM
HHHHHeeeellllloooooooo

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 02:02 AM
HHHHHeeeellllloooooooo

ok did thatwaiting for instructions, theres a folder marked 2009, shld i click it?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:03 AM
that should be all your hand historys for 2009 and maybe some for a few months of 08 correct

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 02:05 AM
that should be all your hand historys for 2009 and maybe some for a few months of 08 correct

yeah pretty sure thats it

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:07 AM
You said you had 2 years worht of data before right.

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 02:11 AM
[QUOTEeut a year and a halfs worth and when i clicked on one of the import folders in HEM, I clicked on Poker Stars one and that explains why there were that many HH because I plsyed, I would say, 85% of my play @ FTP, so that explained why there were only a few sets of HH. But yes I'm guessing September will be 2 years worth in HEM.

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 02:17 AM
are we done/ please dont say were gonzo!

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Alright I don't want to start messing with that folder.We know that's the old data base so you don't have anything to worry about as far as getting all your data back.Morny can easily fix that,but I don't think you should go any farther without a team viewer. Your HM should still work as is and the older catabase is probably more important to you than loosing it so I would send MORNY an e-mail and set 1 up.

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 02:23 AM
ok is he a good guy where hell act do that and help me?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:26 AM
I"m sorry I could not really get it going but it's past my scope to be able to re-connect a lost and found database.

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 02:28 AM
much apprec. the time u gave me and you tries like hell. WIll this guy really help me tho? is he dependable?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Morny's awsome just e mail him and he can bring that database back probably a 5 min job for him.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:31 AM
He's in Ireland so just think of the time diff,but he's usually on here till around 12:00-1:00am est

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:34 AM
All these guys that RVG has working for him are great the support for HM is great.Send the e-mail and youll get the team view and you data

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 02:37 AM
ok cool i got one more ? that I think thats important. in some of the steps i took earlier, one of them uninstall all antivirus and antimallware and disable windows firewall and defender, what should i o with that now? leave it alone/ change it back? not sure what do beeings that i;m waiting to speak with morny.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Thats prety important stuff.So turn your firewall back on and get you AV back on also.You dont want be surfing the web without it! If you un-installed your AV get it back.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:48 AM
ARe you all set I'm gonna take off if you are?

sheetzie03
05-30-2009, 03:29 AM
ARe you all set I'm gonna take off if you are?

im gd ty