PDA

View Full Version : HM licence question

Dennism
05-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello,

I have bought HM software and installed it on my 2 home pc's, however this weekend i am out of the house and would like to take holdem manager with me on my laptop.

Is it possible to temporary unregister Holdem manager on one of the fixed position home pc's and register it on the laptop for the period i am out of the house and register it back as soon as i get back, with ofc unregistering the laptop.

Sorry for the possibly bad english.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,

Dennis

stretch00
05-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Not to my knowledge.The lic covers 2 computers,a 3rd is another.Why did put it on 2 desk tops?

morny
05-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah stretch is correct. its for use on up to 2 computers, if your regularly going to be using 3 youll need a 2nd license which will allow you to use it on up to 4 pcs

Dennism
05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Not to my knowledge.The lic covers 2 computers,a 3rd is another.Why did put it on 2 desk tops?

Because i live in 2 houses, and my laptop is not that handy to play poker on, but its the only option on vacation :) I allready understood the licence was for 2 pc's simultaniously however i was not in the understanding that they were 1 use only based on the hardware of a pc. I tought it would just work something like a windows licence which you can "activate" on one pc. But if you deactivate that one pc you can transfer the licence to another pc. I wasn't intending on using my license on 3 systems at te same time at all, just wanted to deactivate one and slip it onto the laptop for the vacation duration, since when on vacantion i can't use the desktops anyway :)

(side question, what will happen if i buy a new pc, since i am a ICT professional it is not uncommon for me to get a new pc about once a year or use different pc's)

stretch00
05-29-2009, 09:16 PM
You have access to so many computers why not just take 1 and dedicate it to poker?

Dennism
05-29-2009, 09:30 PM
You have access to so many computers why not just take 1 and dedicate it to poker?

I have only 2 pc's(at different houses one during the week, other during most weekends and a business laptop, which is normally only for business, but the boss allowed to use it for leasure during vacantion.) I tried using one pc, so i didn't have to sync the databases on both machines but poker over RDP is a no go :)

Though when i was just looking at the software a bit better i found the option "clear licence code" under the help menu. Which then asks me if i want to deactive the licence on this machine would doing that help to solve my question or is that option for very different purposes?

stretch00
05-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Pretty sure thats not going to help,since you already installed both license already.So I would not clear it.If you do clear the code you will have to wait for MORNY to re-send it and he's not on for the rest of the night.

morny
05-30-2009, 08:02 AM
You can deactivate a license if you wish for example if your away for a few days and bringing your laptop however if your regularly using all 3 then youll need a 2nd license