PDA

View Full Version : Vista User: Incredibly Lost

ACmoney23
05-28-2009, 11:11 PM
I paid money for this product and now I am dealing with hours and hours of a headache.

I get every single error everyone is talking about because I am a vista user. It works and then it doesnt work. I install, i reinstall, I do all of these user manual things and I get 7000 different errors popping up all over the place, some people have mentioned, some people have not. Is there an easy fix???? I cant keep playing without this program. I can not install and reinstall every other time i decide to play poker. Can I disable a bunch of things on Vista to stop all of this. I need vista to stop being vista!!

Help..im literally dying

morny
05-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Ok youve said you get lots of errors but didnt mention any so i dont know what the problem is, please write the exact error your getting and well try and get it fixed.

ACmoney23
05-29-2009, 08:38 PM
The following error occured when trying to open the database. Unable to read data form the transport connection: An existeing connectino was forcibly closed by the remote host

then i hit okay..

then DBcontrol panel has stopped working error

this a new one..i swear everytime i uninstall and reinstall or i open it one day or open it the next, i get new errors every single time tried

stretch00
05-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Your running vista right? You probably didn't set it up correct for vista.
HM has to run as ADMIN and UAC needs to be off.

Dennism
05-29-2009, 09:47 PM
UAC doesn't need to be off for HM to work properly. I'm using it on Vista with UAC on without problems. Altough UAC aint allways that helpfull (a bit of sarcasm) it actually does help users from getting unwanted stuff on their system. So i would never recommend to turn off UAC completely unless you are very well knowing what you are doing on your system.

However when having problems with this kind of software make sure though that the holdem executables are running with admin rights as that does seem to help solve some problems with the software.

ACmoney23
05-29-2009, 09:58 PM
It was working properly for a few days and then started having errors...Sometimes I can get through the errors to get it to work and sometimes I can't. The program makes up its mind when it feels like working. But I swear i get new errors every single time.

ACmoney23
05-29-2009, 10:05 PM
I disabled UAC, I have everything running as admin...

stretch00
05-29-2009, 10:08 PM
The UAC issue is really a posgreSQL thing and it may really only apply to the install of posgreSQL.
But I still do feel you are not running ADMIN on HUD.exe HM.exe DBcontrol.exe

stretch00
05-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Did you follow this?
Vista Users:
Make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, DBControlPanel.exe are running as administrator if you’re using Vista. To do this close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and right click each .exe file and go to Properties and then in the compatability TAB in Priveledge level tick run as administrator if your using VISTA. You’ll find the 3 .exe files at the following path: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager by default or wherever you installed HM. If run as administrator is greyed out this is fine as this indicates your already running as administrator.

Disable UAC: Also make sure UAC is disabled: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73 (http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73) and then reboot.

stretch00
05-29-2009, 10:20 PM
If you followed all this to the LETTER!!!!!! You may have another issue,which could be your Anti Virus/firewall,etc,etc, but make sure your following all to the letter first.

ACmoney23
05-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I have done all of that to the T. All my programs are running as Admins...Look at my first post at the top of this thread..it keeps happening and I can not even open Holdem manager. Keep in mind, I was running HM wonderfully yesterday, but 2 days ago I was getting all sorts of other errors.

stretch00
05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Where are you trying to open HM? are you using the shortcut?

ACmoney23
05-30-2009, 12:24 AM
I open it through the short cut. I open it through the file, as open as an admin. I open it every way possible. Nothing works.

stretch00
05-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Are you getting error mess that you can screen shot and post here?

morny
05-30-2009, 08:21 AM
You do need to disable UAC for HM to run properly, you might get it running but ive rarely seen it run properly but thats not whats causing your issues in this case and up to you whether you want to leave it on or off but im just pointing out you can experience lots of issues with it on

For your issue there is only 1 solution, its to follow this FAQ 100%, if you skip a step or just disable the firewall/antivirus instead of completely uninstalling them as per the FAQ it just wont work http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

In most cases this is caused by the firewall/antivirus blocking it and from what ive seen it seems to happen less often with Zonealarm(firewall) and AVG and Avast (antiviruses) so i would recommend them if your thinking of changing them

ACmoney23
05-30-2009, 01:44 PM
This was my previos problem:

The following error occured when trying to open the database. Unable to read data form the transport connection: An existeing connectino was forcibly closed by the remote host.

then i hit okay..

then DBcontrol panel has stopped working error

this a new one..i swear everytime i uninstall and reinstall or i open it one day or open it the next, i get new errors every single time tried

Now I opened it today and it said to me it was optimizing player reports...took 5 minutes and then started working...

So now I am sitting here with a working HM but i bet next time i turn off my comp and turn it back on, new problems will continue to arise...

How does this happen? What is going on? I have UAC turned off! and i am running everything through admin! how can it work 1 second and not the next?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Ac that error used to happen to me if I Xed out HM rather than use file exit.Try stoping posgreSQL and re-start then fire HM again.
go> start>programs >SQL> stop>start> then fire HM

stretch00
05-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Did that work AC let us know
Morny is watching so if there is a bigger problem nows the time to fix it

ACmoney23
05-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Well , it is currently working and I am going to try and not turn off my computer for a few days. But I will make a new post when it stops working again. Thanks for the help...look for me in a few days to be a frusterated douche again ha

stretch00
05-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Reboot now and let see

stretch00
05-30-2009, 03:46 PM
You may have set SQL to NOT run on start up
therefore you have to START SQL before HM

Ludwig Span
05-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Hello HM users,

I still have problems with my hand importing, i have vista (offcourse) and i can't change the map in pokerstars from C:\Users\morny\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistor y to C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory it's just not possible.

I guess that's the first important step because it's also impossible to edit heronames and edit atachwed players...... i'm pretty much lost in it all.

Can anyone help me out:)...

gr Lud

stretch00
05-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello HM users,

I still have problems with my hand importing, i have vista (offcourse) and i can't change the map in pokerstars from C:\Users\morny\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistor y to C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory it's just not possible.

I guess that's the first important step because it's also impossible to edit heronames and edit atachwed players...... i'm pretty much lost in it all.

Can anyone help me out:)...

gr Lud

Start a New thread
but the path you have is wrong it should not say MORNY
that should be YOUR computer name/user name

stretch00
05-30-2009, 04:57 PM
But START A NEW THREAD DO NOT HIJACK THIS THREAD!
This is someone elses

ACmoney23
05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
I know its not going to work when i reboot, so im going to try and run it for a long time, but i will post when i reboot and it will create some new errors and stop working

stretch00
05-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Whaats up AC?

stretch00
05-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Where are we at?
Whats going on working/not working?

ACmoney23
05-31-2009, 12:56 PM
working...have not turned off my computer yet, and probably not going to for a few days...haha

ACmoney23
06-01-2009, 01:22 PM
BUT OF COURSE!! End of the weekend and I am an idiot and I shutdown my computer. Now it has stopped working again with the same current set of errors.

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Unable to read data form the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

then i hit okay..or try and cancel out of it

then DBcontrol panel has stopped working error"

What to do now? I could sit here and fiddle with it all day and keep opening and it might eventually start working again, but then I will try and not shut off my computer for another few days.

udbrky
06-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Go into control panel - system & maintenance - administrative tools - services.

Start or restart postgresql - go down the list of the services until you find it - it's alphabetical. Repeat several times if necessary.

I actually have administrative tools set to show in the start menu, because I have to manually restart pg a lot.

stretch00
06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
AC what spy/av/firewalls are you using?
When you are rebooting your computer are you booting as an ADMIN?
Did you set you HM.exe/DBcontrol.exe/HUD.exe etc,,,,with ADMIN status?
I know you have been trying to fix but make sure you follow this FAQ 100%.OK
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=34 (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/../faq/?f=34)

morny
06-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah you need to follow that FAQ that strecth linked to but if you just disable the firewall/antivirus instead of completely uninstalling them as per the FAQ or skip any step it just wont work. Once you do it then it should work fine.

However if the problem persists when you reinstall the security programs again then you might want to consider using alternatives like AVG or AVAST for an antivirus and Zonealarm for firewall as these are all free and ive personally used them and in my expereince they do a good job and cause the least amount of issues with HM

stretch00
06-02-2009, 01:18 AM
We just had a talk about AV/spy software here's the link.
Which antivirus can I use (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11433)