PDA

View Full Version : Update Issue

abarone68
08-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Went to update Hold'em Manager earlier today and have now encounter a slew of problems.

Now when I load it up, I encounter a screen that tells me HEM is going to update my database/may take a long time. When I click 'okay,' the program stalls (Not responding) for quite a while and then I get another screen.

"An error occured while updating your DB (CompiledPlayerResults Phase 2): The connection is broken. Please close down any programs accessing the database and relaunch HEM."

Err, but I don't have anything running. Stars is closed, hotkey scripts are closed. All I have running is Skype, AIM (lol AIM), and webpages.

When I click 'okay,' it says...

"The following error occured when trying to open the database: Object reference not set to instance of an object."

Now another screen pops up, with the PostgreSQL information. When I click 'connect,' I'm brought to a screen that shows my databases.

The only one available is 'holdemmanager default database.' I do have the option of creating a new one, but obviously I want to keep my old hands/results. I can also click optimize, set as default, or export hands.

When I set as default, and then 'start Hold'em manager,' I get this final message...

"Following error occured: FATAL 3D000 Database does not exist."

I don't know what that means and how to fix it.

netsrak
08-19-2011, 03:39 AM
The latest HM releases runs an update to your database which may take some hours depending on the size of your database.
There seems to bee something wrong with your database which seems to cause problems.
Please reboot your computer and try again.
If that fails please run a vacuum/full of your original database: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+
After completion try to start the update again.
If its still not working you need to create a new database in the database management and reimport all your hands from the archive (default c:\hmarchive).

abarone68
08-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Now when I attempt to run HEM, it stays on the "Initializing database" screen.

abarone68
08-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Finally got to PostSQL, attempted to optimize, and then...

HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[8/19/2011 4:59 AM] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

netsrak
08-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Where do you get this error message - it makes no sense if you run a vacuum/full via pgadmin.

abarone68
08-19-2011, 09:24 AM
I thought the vacuum was the process of going to screen where I click 'optimize' on the database...

Patvs
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Try manually performing a vacuum in pgadminIII, instead of using the HoldemManager optimization tool.

abarone68
08-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Err, okay, I followed your instructions and my computer has been running for a few hours in the maintain database screen and I'm still not able to click the 'okay' button. I assume eventually I'll be able to? And then what?

abarone68
08-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Never mind, clicked 'done.' Tried to load HEM and it gave me the same Fatal message from before, then it took me to the PostSQL screen.

Sarek
08-20-2011, 04:54 AM
Please post 2 screens:
1) PGadmin with DB tree - to see how many databases you have
2) HM databases window - how many are listed there

abarone68
08-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Not sure what one of those means...

abarone68
08-20-2011, 03:04 PM
So now the red x's are gone

Patvs
08-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Try installing SQL 9.0.4 to port 5433 and connect to that instead with the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)