PDA

View Full Version : PT3 import

TeddyBear
08-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi,
Two quick questions:
1. I've over 550K hands in PT3 database.
I've tried to import them, and HM reported error after about 500K, which took several hours.

2. Is it possible to register HEM application like Holdem vision without registering and buying Holdem manager? if yes, what's the effect?

Thanks

sideshow
08-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi,

1) Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe

On the import TAB check if there are import errors showing up, if so can you create a new database http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database and see if there is also import errors with that database

If there is please email the original hands to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

2) this is not possible as holdem vision is integrated into holdem manager so you will need to purchase HM to use it, there is no standalone version.

Thanks

TeddyBear
08-18-2011, 12:54 AM
One step ahead,
I've d/l HEM latest, and pressed Import from PT3 again.
The import was successful (I got a message with three "V" signs after import was complete)
Though, I can't see the hands.
DB contains hands from my second player, but when changing to that player I can't see them.
Tried to restart HEM, nothing happens.

netsrak
08-18-2011, 04:41 AM
Which import function did you use and from which folder?
What do you mean with the V signs?
From which site and gametype are the hands?

Did you try to clear the filters?

TeddyBear
08-18-2011, 04:48 AM
I've tried the Import PT3 Database function. (File->Import PT3 DB)
A progress popup message showed up, and showed the number of hands that are imported.
After 2-3 hours, I saw a message saying that 594K hands were successfully imported, 7 tournaments and hand notes (this is the three V message box)
Most of my hands are 6Max NL Holdem cash game hands, played at Microgaming.
Filters are cleared.

It seems the whole import was unsuccessful, since my player doesn't show the appropriate hand count, I cannot see information about other players that PT3 shows information on, etc.

netsrak
08-18-2011, 04:55 AM
Odd, please try to import the hands manually from the PT3 processed subfolder via import file/folder

TeddyBear
08-18-2011, 05:29 AM
That folder is empty, and I don't have any copy of the original HH files besides the PT3 database.
I'm really serious about migrating to HEM + Holdem vision, but I must be able to trace my history.

Sarek
08-18-2011, 06:00 AM
If you are playing in Microgaming, the easiest way is to import directly from it's handhistory file. Because is is not archibed by PT (also by HM, btw).
You can find it in room install folder, it is named
Gamehistory.dat
Use import from file option

TeddyBear
08-18-2011, 07:13 AM
I've successfully imported hands from GameHistory.dat files that MG generates, and I'm familiar with.
Unfortunately, I have to delete those files pretty frequently, else the poker client becomes too slow.
The only traces I've of those 594K hands I've in the Database is the PT3 database itself.
Do you know why Import from PT3 DB function doesn't work? any suggestions how to overcome this?

Sarek
08-18-2011, 02:49 PM
You can try export from PT itself - and then import all this in HM.

fozzy71
08-18-2011, 02:57 PM
You can try export from PT itself - and then import all this in HM.

Link to FAQ - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/114/Importing+Hands+from+Poker+Tracker+3

FYI: You should have not been deleting them. You should have 'Cut' them and manually moved them to an archive folder. Their support is unable to send those files in the same format later so if you dont have the originals they are gone forever. I was under the impression that PT3 was able to archive those gamehistory.dat files. HM1 can't archive those files so they have to be archived manually. HM2 will be able to archive those .dat files.

TeddyBear
08-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Thanks, that did work..
Before I purchase HEM, I've a question regarding licensing:
Can I use HEM in multiple computers? at once / not at once? if yes, what's the maximum (though I can't see myself using it in more than 2 computers simultaneously)

fozzy71
08-20-2011, 09:17 AM
The same code can be used on 2 pc's at once and can be reset as often as needed.

Please try using our site to register your current/new license. If your code isn't there already you can upload it manually and then reset the code whenever necessary.

https://www.holdemmanager.com/store/login.php

To get your current license from your running installation of HEM: Help > Show Serial Number

If you have lost the code entirely you will need to ask our sales team to search the archives. Please email your details/questions to sales@holdemmanager.com.