PDA

View Full Version : Error XX001 - index Rebuild wonīt work

alllala
05-27-2009, 04:49 AM
My compiledplayerresults_month indexs needs a fix, but trying to fix it like in your FAQ results in an Error that rebuilding has failed.

What can i do?

Edit:

This is quite important. I canīt Vacuum after purging Hands, but i need to because iīm running out of diskspace. Is there a way to manually drop the index and recreate it.
I appreciate any help. Reimporting all Hands in a new Database would take me Days ;(

morny
05-27-2009, 05:57 PM
I dont think theres a way around this if it wont rebuild its probably something that cannot be fixed but ill check with Roy

Rvg72
05-27-2009, 07:27 PM
open up the DB in pgadmin and bring up the SQL window (the pencil icon) and type and then run

DROP INDEX compiledplayerresults_month_idx1;

then run this one although if you are really low on space you might want to do the full vacuum after the drop

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX compiledplayerresults_month_idx1
ON compiledplayerresults_month
USING btree
(compiledplayerresults_id);

alllala
05-28-2009, 12:58 PM
thx but itīs to late. Already delete my Database and iīm reimporting at the moment.

why there is no FAQ for this kind of problem?

wildbeans
01-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Hi RVG,
Can this same drop, and recreate be done on Tables or relations or whatever they are, because I have the same error for the compiledplayerresults_month relation,

I executed the Drop commmand, which seemed successful,

but trying to create the index again gave me the same problem:
ERROR: invalid page header in block 71626 of relation "compiledplayerresults_month"

Thanks in advance

netsrak
01-17-2010, 07:47 AM
Your database is corrupt and cant be repaired.

You need to create a new one and restore a backup or reimport all your hands.