PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em Manager not starting

dhcprogue
08-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Hello,

Please Help! Just today I was working on Hold'em Manager and I just clicked a random hand in my replayer. Hold'em Manager then just closed without any error messages or messages of any sort whatsoever. Then when I double clicked it to reopen it it just gave me the standard message it gives me every time I open it that says do you want to allow this program to make changes. I clicked yes and then it just did the thing with the circle going around and around for a few seconds and then just nothing-no error message no message that the database is setting itself, nothing whatsoever. I updated to the most recent version, nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled postgresql, uninstalled and reinstalled Hold'em Manager, removed some of the latest windows updates, still nothing at all-when I click on HEM nothing happens not even an error message. I also tried running as administrator. Still same thing. Can someone contact me for a teamviewer session as I am not an advanced user and am really clueless.

Thanks

sideshow
08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi,

what antivirus/firewall are you using because more than likely the firewall is blocking HM from launching, disabling the firewall rarely solves the issue, try adding it to the firewall exceptions and if this doesnt work please completely uninstall the firewall and reinstall Holdem Manager

Thanks

dhcprogue
08-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi,

None of this helped. I just use the Windows firewall anyways and none of that recently changed on my computer-HM just stopped working for no apparent reason.

Patvs
08-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

dhcprogue
08-19-2011, 01:04 AM
I am using the Windows Firewall and Norton Antivirus. I turned off the firewall and uninstalled the antivirus-all those things were already set to run as administrator. Also, I added the exceptions to the firewall even though it was turned off and the beta you mentioned is not any sort of beta that I can see-all that link did was download the latest update which I have already done a ton of times.

netsrak
08-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

dhcprogue
08-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Thank you for your offer-but there was no limit to the amount of freeze ups, crashes, etc. that my computer was having. Granted, HEM was the only program that actually wouldn't open, but it was also the most intensive program by far. So I just decided to take the plunge and restore my system to OOBE and now HEM works fine.