PDA

View Full Version : Postgres user account problem

slamdunka
05-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Im trying to restore a backed up database and am following the FAQ. When i go to double click on the "PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2" in PG admin it asks for my password. Is this password the user account password? I must be getting it wrong because Ive tried all passwords I wrote down but keep getting a "Error connecting to the server:FATAL role "slamdunka" does not exist" error.

During install I had some problems with vista and during the uninstalling/reinstalling it looks like I made a couple of user accounts for postgre. I really didnt get the user account name/pass vs the database name/pass. I think I do now.

I guess my question is can I change user accounts for postgre or can I recover/change the password for the user account. Or is this even my problem at all?

morny
05-27-2009, 02:33 PM
If you cant remember your username and password youll need to export your hands http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 uninstall PostgreSQL then delete the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL folder then reinstall it and write down the username and password your using while installing