PDA

View Full Version : Error on start since 1 week ago

foetz
08-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Error Message:

The following error eccured when trying to open the database: Von der Übertragungsverbindung können keine Daten gelesen werden: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen.

---

After klicking on OK button the postgres Database Control Panel gets opened. I klick on connect and the a detailed report gets printed :

I did not find any email adress to mail to so im posting it here.

E: I trying with closing all firewalls (exept windows firewall as it never caused any problems
so far and other programs

Do i need to reinstall anything? or even better an accordant update i missed in the last week?

Best Regards,
floetzloetz

foetz
08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
OOOOPS! I just deinstalled postgreSQL via Software-Panel and reinstalled same version into same directory. Unfortionately i "broke" it somehow, i can't even connect to PostgreSQL's PG-Admin. Still same error message when opening HM. So it's a PSQL's problem. How can i fix this? (As reinstalling hasn't helped so far)

I'm kinda desperate, no HM means less money

Best Regards

Patvs
08-16-2011, 08:24 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely
Try installing PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.21/win32/postgresql-8.2.21-1.zip) to port 5433!

foetz
08-16-2011, 10:42 PM
I had to reinstall postgresql completely. After deleting the data files (which were not deleted within the uninstallation) and reinstalling from your link it worked as before :) Let the import begin

Thank you and best regards