PDA

View Full Version : Minor quibbles thread

wrapitup
08-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey, I'm really enjoying playing around with HEM2. Rather than starting several threads about minor issues, I'd like to just note them here.

- In Cash > Reports, I can build a graph under By Stakes or Session, but why not Overall?

- I deleted several folders from Auto Import, but upon restarting HEM2, the auto-detect seems to run automatically and re-add these folders that I don't want.

- I'm only running HEM2 on a 2-year old laptop, but it's a great deal slower overall than HEM. Are there any preliminary fixes for this?

- Can I remove the auto-rate image from the HUD?

- How come my HEM1 player notes didn't import, despite me requesting they transfer over to HEM2?

udbrky
08-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Overall doesn't graph because there's only one line of data, so there's no comparison information. Use the cash results graph in more reports.

The import refreshing is being fixed.

In hud options - auto rate - turn off "enable auto rate"

We're investigating the notes import.

wrapitup
08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the help. Any ETA on the importing notes? This is keeping me from using HEM2 full time.

Sarek
08-25-2011, 01:09 PM
We cant give ETA because it depends of many factors

wrapitup
08-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Possible to manually export notes from HEM1 and import into HEM2 ?

udbrky
08-28-2011, 03:44 PM
This is still in the works.

wrapitup
09-07-2011, 01:13 AM
I need my HEM1 notes to play.

Any other workaround so that I can use HEM2 full time?

udbrky
09-07-2011, 02:12 AM
You can create a new DB, and import notes when you import the 1.0 DB.

wrapitup
09-07-2011, 05:02 AM
So the notes now import to HEM2 along with the 1.0 DB ??

Sarek
09-07-2011, 05:48 AM
At this moment - yes, with hm1 DB only.
Separate notes import requested.

motoohot
09-10-2011, 06:39 AM
im unable to write into my notes during a session, i can do it whilst watching hands in replayer but cant add notes at the table.. the focus seems to constantly shift away from the note tab. hmmm

udbrky
09-12-2011, 09:41 PM
What site? what other software are you using?

wrapitup
09-20-2011, 07:26 AM
When we manually import hands with HM2, do the files get moved to an archive?

Is there no option to auto-import without archiving?

udbrky
09-20-2011, 05:43 PM
yes, you want them to archive, because you want only unprocessed hands in the import folders, so HM isn't searching through the folders.

In hand importing, auto import folders, you can edit where the folder goes, and turn off archiving.

We highly recommend archiving, for performance issues. I have seen people with large amounts of files in their import folders unable to import hands.

wrapitup
09-20-2011, 11:29 PM
yes, you want them to archive, because you want only unprocessed hands in the import folders, so HM isn't searching through the folders.

In hand importing, auto import folders, you can edit where the folder goes, and turn off archiving.

We highly recommend archiving, for performance issues. I have seen people with large amounts of files in their import folders unable to import hands.

Thanks.

I've exported and imported my entire HM1 db into HM2 and it seems to have worked well. I just lack my notes.

Could you tell me where the file within which the HM1 notes are located? I guess I'll leave that open during play for reference.

udbrky
09-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Currently, you import them with the DB from 1.0

wrapitup
09-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Currently, you import them with the DB from 1.0

Didn't work after multiple tries importing from 1.0... as per this thread
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/124411-importing-hm1-db-into-hm2.html

a) I also exported all HH's from HM1 and imported manually into HM2. This worked. I then auto-imported AGAIN from 1.0... all the hands were duplicates of course, and still no notes. Maybe I'm not looking in the correct place to find these notes?

I have a few other minor issues too. I'm still working through watching all the available HM2 videos, so some are probably answered in there. If you'd rather I posted these all in separate threads please let me know.

b) Is there an active player window similar to HM1? This was so useful in real-time play... I do see the Player Analysis tab within Opponents but this doesn't seem nearly as functional. The active players aren't even listed alphabetically... in the report there are very few stats and nothing near the detail of HM1. Also, my imported notes should appear in here, right?

c) I've increased the font size for my HUD. I don't want it increased for the table HUD (last 2 hands played, table stats, etc). Is there a separate setting for this HUD section?

d) I want to bump up the font size for the float-over popup. Must I modify each one (Default_Steal, Default_Cbet, etc) separately or can I do it for all popups?

e) Possible to get rid of the auto-rate feature in the note HUD float-over popup?

Thanks !

udbrky
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I passed along that DB since I had issues with it importing. I can't test the note importing since the DB had issues, I'm guessing it's related.

I've tested importing my own notes and they imported fine, so it might be an issue with your sample.

There are some changes in the works for the player analysis. There are fewer stats, but waaaaay better ways to see how people play various situations and hand types.

You can change individual stat font size, this would leave the summary hud a different size than the rest of the HUD. But it is not possible to have separate settings for the HUD info.

In Popup Designer, you can choose a font, then apply to one cell, a single row, column, or all cells.

You can turn off auto rate in settings, or choose not to show the auto rate icon in hud options - config

wrapitup
09-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the reply.

So for the time being, until we can get these notes fixed, could you tell me where the file within which the HM1 notes are located?

wrapitup
09-23-2011, 07:22 AM
edit: fixed :)

wrapitup
09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the reply.

So for the time being, until we can get these notes fixed, could you tell me where the file within which the HM1 notes are located?

^^ HM1 Notes file location please?

udbrky
09-26-2011, 11:06 PM
In HM1

Options - Notes - export notes

wrapitup
09-27-2011, 01:47 AM
In the last couple days, I've noticed a strange problem.

For a single regular, on whom I have like 75,000 hands, the HUD stats seem to only come up as session stats. I'll have 5k and 10k hands on other guys at the table, but instead of 75k on this guy, I'll only have 5 or 10 or however many hands we've played so far. In reports, I can always see his full 75k hands.

Did I trigger some player-specific option to always display only session stats?

udbrky
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
We should have a new release out soon. Please try this again on the new release. Try it in a new DB as well. Import 10k hands or so and see if it still happens.

wrapitup
09-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Cool, I'll wait for the new release as it's only an issue with 1 player...

When I replay a hand, and the stats come up, I get the overall stats for each player but only the table stats for Hero. This is different from HM1 where the default was ALL stats for Hero. I'd like to see all Hero stats... is this possible?

udbrky
09-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Does his name have any weird characters?

There is a possibility in the future of choosing what range of stats show for hero in replayer

wrapitup
09-29-2011, 12:58 AM
No weird characters, and this problem just started days ago. It was working fine with HM1 and HM2 before this.

When I export a HUD, does it include and save all my custom pop-up work?

udbrky
09-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes.

Did it do this in a new DB?

wrapitup
10-02-2011, 12:28 AM
I haven't tried... figured I'd just wait to try it in the new release.

Running 2.0.0.5273 here...

1. I'm replaying a few hands now with the pop-out replayer. I notice the stats come up in the wrong place very often. When I go to right-click and drag to correct the stat positions, they abruptly auto-correct and move to their positions.. odd.

2. HUD stats often stay floating on my desktop after I minimize a table (disappear when I close a table)

3. This one definitely just started happening with the HM2 update: when I click the 3 recent hands on the HUD, it shows the first hand played at the table (ie. always shows the same hand whenever I click throughout a session). I can then scroll to the desired hand with the horizontal bar at the bottom of the window, but shouldn't it jump to the hand I requested? Huge pain to scroll if there's more than a couple dozen hands played @ the table.

4. Also, when I use the hand history feature from the HUD on a table on the right-hand side of my monitor, the pop-up window appears to the right, off the screen, and there is no way to maximize or retrieve it.

5. In this same pop-up, I'm trying to tag hands as I play. When I try and click Tag Hand, it crashes HM2 and I don't think the error reports are working, as I need to hurry to close HM2 before I time out of all my tables.

6. In Opponents > Players in Active Session: could you sort the players by name or table? They seem to be sorted randomly. Not bad while playing a few tables, but it's a pain to quickly find someone when the list is long.

7. When I try and replay a hand from NoteCaddy pop-up, the red table replayer comes up but loads endlessly, and I can never actually see the hand.

udbrky
10-02-2011, 05:33 AM
1) http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/78651-faq-hm2-testing.html#post380401

2) I am trying to track down the issue with this right now.

3) Do they disappear if you drag a window over it?

4) We are working on 4 & 5

6) I'm trying to track this one down - it doesn't happen for me. Does it happen in the replayer? I think 4) might be causing this.

7) This is in the suggestions.

8) I tested this the other day, it saves the settings when you close HM2.

9) We will look into this.

wrapitup
10-02-2011, 06:44 AM
3) Do they disappear if you drag a window over it?

The HUD stats get hidden if I drag a window over them, but when I move the window they remain in place.

6) I'm trying to track this one down - it doesn't happen for me. Does it happen in the replayer? I think 4) might be causing this.

In the replayer, Add/Edit Tags works fine.

Now, I notice on a live table when I pop-up the hands played, and it defaults to the 1st hand played, I can Add Tag on this hand without a crash. I can also Tag hands #2 or #3. If I click the number link to get to the last hand played, however, clicking For Review causes a crash.

udbrky
10-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Got first issue now, written up. We're looking into 2nd.

wrapitup
10-03-2011, 10:47 AM
HEM Replayer:

1. I mentioned earlier, but can we set stats to HM1-style, corresponding to the HUD filters (ie. last 3 months, filtered for 3-6 handed in a 5-handed game), rather than having Hero's table stats set in stone? I have separate HUD layouts for 6max and 9max, but they come up with the same HUD upon replay.

2. The button is often in the wrong place... it's positioned with the small blind in the hand I'm currently viewing.

Sarek
10-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Can you post a screen with wrong button location?

wrapitup
10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Can you post a screen with wrong button location?

Emailed

udbrky
10-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Requested hero stat options.

wrapitup
10-04-2011, 04:34 AM
Found a bug.

The EV result in my session graph is grossly out of proportion. The red EV line is actually fine, but the EV Net Won/Loss report is off by a factor of about 20. In Reports, the results are correct. Screenshot sent.

udbrky
10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
yes, we are working on this.

wrapitup
10-05-2011, 07:55 AM
When I am in Reports or Sessions (while playing and importing), and I'm trying to click on a hand to mark it, or I'm trying to select a few HH's to replay, or anything like that, the import seems to refresh HM2 every couple seconds. Every time it refreshes, it un-selects whatever I have selected, and it updates whatever list I'm on (list of hands, stats, etc) back to the first item... so if I'm scrolling around looking for a hand I played 15 minutes ago, I have to start over every 5 seconds. HM2 seems to run much slower than HM1 overall, so it takes a couple seconds for things to load anyways, and thus it's impossible for me to use HM2 functionally while playing/importing.

udbrky
10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
We have been looking into this.

wrapitup
10-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Great to see the update :D

1. In v5300, I still have the major problem of certain players seeming to default to session-only stats in the HUD.

I'm looking at HEM Player Details while playing a table. For one player, the HUD reads 2.5k hands and the Details confirms 2,536 hands on the player. Against the table fish, the HUD reads 11 hands (session length) and Details reads 6,000+ hands. I switched the HUD filter around to include hands from 2-10 handed and 24 months old, and this did not fix the issue.

This problem seems to come up a lot, often against players on whom I have 5k+ thru 75k+ hands.

2. On the HUD hand history pop-up (fixed nicely and much smoother since the update), the cards now appear tiny and barely readable.

fishyfishboy
10-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Could you tell me where I can find the location of my own custom made pop-ups. I've checked C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\Config and only found the default pop-ups and the ones imported from HM1 not my own pop-up's.

I have also found a bug when opening replayer which I'm just about to email to support.

udbrky
10-07-2011, 03:18 PM
It's in the roaming folder:

7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

Showing hidden files: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

Showing hidden files: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

fishyfishboy
10-08-2011, 01:51 PM

1. In v5300, I still have the major problem of certain players seeming to default to session-only stats in the HUD.

I'm looking at HEM Player Details while playing a table. For one player, the HUD reads 2.5k hands and the Details confirms 2,536 hands on the player. Against the table fish, the HUD reads 11 hands (session length) and Details reads 6,000+ hands. I switched the HUD filter around to include hands from 2-10 handed and 24 months old, and this did not fix the issue.

This problem seems to come up a lot, often against players on whom I have 5k+ thru 75k+ hands.

I have this problem too.

wrapitup
10-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Just wanted to say since the last update, HM2 has been running a lot faster and smoother overall.

Thanks for letting us be a part of this!

udbrky
10-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks for helping us with feedback.

For the HUD, please enable HUD logging in the HUD Options config

Then upload a log file when you don't get all hands.

Where is my log file?

Showing hidden files: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

Showing hidden files: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

Atkinator
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Do the Tournament HUD Filters (ie. Stats based on Stack size) work yet? Am holding off using it until this works...

udbrky
10-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Checking back on the progress of this.

wrapitup
10-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks for helping us with feedback.

For the HUD, please enable HUD logging in the HUD Options config

Then upload a log file when you don't get all hands.

Where is my log file?

Emailed log

wrapitup
10-14-2011, 11:01 PM
My replayer has the same issue as the live HUD. For the players that display only session stats in the live HUD, the replayer always shows zero stats.

I suspect you guys are still working the kinks out of the HUD hand history, but I'd like to bring up a couple bugs:

1. When I click and bring up a hand, it stays up only until another hand completes at the table. It then auto-updates to show the most recent hand. Very annoying.

2. After it updates, it becomes impossible to use the drop-down menu to scroll around to find hands. The drop-down shows only the active, most recent hand played.

3. The pot sizes in the HUD vs. in the drop-down menu do not match.

4. The pots in the drop-down appear in reverse order from HM1... I assume this is intentional but I think the HM1 way was better.

Thanks

jerseys
10-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Reports have 2 EV Diff columns.

HEM2 doesn't ssem to remember when I resize windows in reports.

wrapitup
10-15-2011, 09:41 PM
1. The HUD often doesn't start up (auto-import and auto HUD start) until I click STOP and START HUD a few times.

2. Another HUD Hand Viewer gripe: the Export To Clipboard is the first item on the drop-down, right? So when I click it, it doesn't work. I have to click something else in the menu, to copy to clipboard, then try to jump back up and click Export To Clipboard before it resets to default... know what I mean? Very irritating.

There are dozens of options on this drop-down, but I assume most players, like myself, will only use a couple of these options, since players tend to post hands on any one or two sites, right? I only use raw text, Deucescracked, and Weaktight.com, so I'd love to just customize to these three options rather than scroll through dozens of options useless to me.

AK2404AK
10-16-2011, 03:19 AM
Reports have 2 EV Diff columns.

HEM2 doesn't ssem to remember when I resize windows in reports.

one off them is the icm-EV! You can add/remove columns in Settings - Handview Columns.

jerseys
10-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks!

More minor bugs:
- doubleclicking on a hand on a graph in the sessions tab doesnt open the replayer. Double clicking a hand in hands table in the sessions tab opens 2 replayers with the same hand.

morny
10-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Thanks well replicate and write that up.

jerseys
10-18-2011, 06:10 PM
The time frame filter doesn't work on the winrate-by-session-duration widget on main page.

udbrky
10-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Thank you, passed this along.

wrapitup
10-20-2011, 04:19 AM
1. The HUD often doesn't start up (auto-import and auto HUD start) until I click STOP and START HUD a few times.

This is a big issue for me still. It detects all my open tables when I start up a session, but it doesn't import the hands, even after a full round @ the tables. However, when I manually import hands (from the same place the auto-import is looking), it imports and seems to kick-start the auto-import.

udbrky
10-20-2011, 02:16 PM
My auto import started immediately when I was dealt into a hand and the HUD started immediately.

please send a log file showing you started the import and HUD, and then manually imported with a link to this post to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Where is my log file?

fozzy71
10-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks!

More minor bugs:
- doubleclicking on a hand on a graph in the sessions tab doesnt open the replayer.

I have duplicated this problem and will forward it to the support manager to be assigned a priority and given to a programmer. [#3092]

Double clicking a hand in hands table in the sessions tab opens 2 replayers with the same hand.

I could not duplicate this. Could you give me detailed step by step instructions how you produce this issue?

Please set Config properties - HUD logging flag ON

Then reproduce problem and send to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

- hudlog.txt
- log.txt

Logs are located here:

XP:
c:\documents and settings\{username}\app data\HoldemManager

7/vista:
c:\users\{username}\app data\roaming\HoldemManager

For both, you have to show hidden files:

XP:
Open My Computer or Windows Explorer
Click Tools > Folder Options > File Types
Check Show Hidden Files
Click ok

7/Vista:
Same process, but click Organize > Folder & Search Options > View

Once you have sent the log file you can restart HM2 and disable the HUD logging.

wrapitup
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Can't run HM2 at all without error report

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/139771-software-problem-caused-hm2-unexpectedly-close.html#post694651

fozzy71
11-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Can't run HM2 at all without error report

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/139771-software-problem-caused-hm2-unexpectedly-close.html#post694651

It looks like you found the solution in that other thread.

I am sorry for the delay in reply, but as you can imagine our email traffic has increased significantly this week, and many of these replies take much longer to draft than if we were answering HM1 issues so we can be sure the answers are correct.

wrapitup
11-08-2011, 04:45 AM
No worries at all.

1. RE: This beta version is expired. What is the deal for us former beta testers? Time to purchase HM2 via the website?

2. When I close HM2, and try to re-open or run HM1, I get the message that the application is already running. Same problem in this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/142671-instance-holdem-manager-2-already-running-hm2-0-0-5562-a.html#post718001

3. Are HM1 HUDs transferable to HM2?

4. When I replay hands via Reports, the stats usually come up in incorrect places. I have to right-click on the HUD somewhere, and then they snap into correct places. This also happens now during live play.

5. The replayer defaults the Hero's HUD to 'session stats', and it defaults the HUD to Default 2.0. I'd MUCH rather the replayer table adopt the appropriate HUD layout based on HUD settings, like the poker tables do. Hero stats should follow suit.

wrapitup
11-09-2011, 05:08 AM
deleted

fozzy71
11-09-2011, 04:01 PM
No worries at all.

1. RE: This beta version is expired. What is the deal for us former beta testers? Time to purchase HM2 via the website?

The beta HMB codes do not work any more. Please see this FAQ so you can upgrade your HM1 code to a HM2 code - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1721/HM2{47}OM2PriceAndUpgradePolicy

Once you upgrade your beta code please make sure you update to .5586: hm2 > settings > check for update

2. When I close HM2, and try to re-open or run HM1, I get the message that the application is already running. Same problem in this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/142671-instance-holdem-manager-2-already-running-hm2-0-0-5562-a.html#post718001

Same here. No Notecaddy running.

Any solution? I have to close via taskmanager every time.

Disabling the notecaddy options and restarting your computer should usually solve this.

I personally can not reproduce it with notecaddy on or off.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

3. Are HM1 HUDs transferable to HM2?

hm2 hud options > import 1.0

HM2 can not import the exported HM1 HUD files that contained a single HUD config, it needs to import a complete prefs.xml that has that HUD imported to it. It defaults to import from the HM1 main prefs file folder if HM1 is installed. You can import that individual HUD file to HM1 and then import the HM1 prefs.xml.

4. When I replay hands via Reports, the stats usually come up in incorrect places. I have to right-click on the HUD somewhere, and then they snap into correct places. This also happens now during live play.

Which site? Make sure the HUD Options > Seating Preferences is setup to match the settings in your poker client - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/32/HUD+Options+{47}+Seating+Preferences
(http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/32/HUD+Options+{47}+Seating+Preferences)
Please export your HUD's in HUD Options.

Please delete the prefs.xml file

Win7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Co nfig

XP: c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Config

Please start HM2 and update to the latest build via HM2 > Settings > Check For Updates

Try the Table Finder again - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1441/How+is+Table+Finder+utilized+if+the+HUD+does+not+a ppear%3F

If you continue to have problems, Please email support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let us know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

5. The replayer defaults the Hero's HUD to 'session stats', and it defaults the HUD to Default 2.0. I'd MUCH rather the replayer table adopt the appropriate HUD layout based on HUD settings, like the poker tables do. Hero stats should follow suit.

The session stats being displayed when 'Normal' is selected in the replayer is a known bug we plan to address in a future update, but I dont have an ETA yet.

You can create a clone of your preferred HUD and assign it to the Site: Replayer under the HUD Options > Site Options menu.

wrapitup
11-11-2011, 03:38 AM
v 5602

1. In the main float-over HUD pop-ups, some of the stats are now unavailable, possibly due to renaming/changing of the stats?

Raise 1st for CO, BTN, and SB are broken, as is Call Open Total %.

Shall I manually fix this? I assume it'll just be rectified in the next release?

Issue addressed here too
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/145991-5602-further-hm-degradation.html

I still have this problem, vs. the same players as months ago.

3. I play on 888 Network. I very frequently have the stats come up in the wrong places, because HM2 seems to mix up the 9-handed and 10-handed (Jackpot) tables, and also mistakes them for 6-handed tables. This makes things very irritating and messy with the HUD as you can imagine. In HM1 I was able to manually correct the table type via Table Manager if necessary.

4. Editing pop-ups: every time I drag and drop a stat into a pop-up cell... it changes the shading to the wrong colour! You guys designed the pop-ups generally with alternate light and dark shading, right? Why does drag/drop screw up the shade? Maybe the lines could just default to alternating light and dark? Or could you make it easier to click a shade on/off?

5. Can we have an Undo function for the pop-up designer? Twice today I've done something colossally terrible like moving a row to the wrong place, then not knowing what I've done, then just quitting and starting over.

6. How can I increase ALL the fonts of the pop-ups by 2 points? Don't tell me I have to do each row/column in each pop-up individually? And even if I had an hour to do that, it would screw up the bolds and the header stats that have bigger fonts.

7. When I create a new HUD layout, it seems the name is set in stone. I wrote a too-long name, and this causes the main HUD panel (table stats, last 3 hands played) to be stretched out horizontally and to block players. I try to export, rename, and import, but it retains the original name. Please let me rename my HUD!

edit: I changed the name in the XML file, and the HUD panel is still needlessly wide.

johncc
11-11-2011, 04:58 AM
Raise 1st in BB also missing/not working I tried to mod these but no avail

wrapitup
11-13-2011, 01:40 PM
v 5602

1. In the main float-over HUD pop-ups, some of the stats are now unavailable, possibly due to renaming/changing of the stats?

Shall I manually fix this? I assume it'll just be rectified in the next release?

Issue addressed here too
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/145991-5602-further-hm-degradation.html

3. I play on 888 Network. I very frequently have the stats come up in the wrong places, because HM2 seems to mix up the 9-handed and 10-handed (Jackpot) tables, and also mistakes them for 6-handed tables. This makes things very irritating and messy with the HUD as you can imagine. In HM1 I was able to manually correct the table type via Table Manager if necessary.

4. Editing pop-ups: every time I drag and drop a stat into a pop-up cell... it changes the shading to the wrong colour! You guys designed the pop-ups generally with alternate light and dark shading, right? Why does drag/drop screw up the shade? Maybe the lines could just default to alternating light and dark? Or could you make it easier to click a shade on/off?

5. Can we have an Undo function for the pop-up designer? Twice today I've done something colossally terrible like moving a row to the wrong place, then not knowing what I've done, then just quitting and starting over.

6. How can I increase ALL the fonts of the pop-ups by 2 points? Don't tell me I have to do each row/column in each pop-up individually? And even if I had an hour to do that, it would screw up the bolds and the header stats that have bigger fonts.

7. When I create a new HUD layout, it seems the name is set in stone. I wrote a too-long name, and this causes the main HUD panel (table stats, last 3 hands played) to be stretched out horizontally and to block players. I try to export, rename, and import, but it retains the original name. Please let me rename my HUD!

edit: I changed the name in the XML file, and the HUD panel is still needlessly wide.

bump ^^ been a few days

fishyfishboy
11-13-2011, 03:53 PM
v5623

I found that WWSF Rating W$WSFR stat causes the popup to crash. I get a Microsoft .Net Framework error with a whole load of details. Once I get rid of this stat the popup appears.

fozzy71
11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
bump ^^ been a few days

Sorry for the delay. Things have been pretty hectic since the release.

I will ask someone more up to speed with pacific, the popup designer, and any known bugs for them, to reply to your post in detail later today.

Regarding #7: have you tried to create a New HUD using that HUD config as the template, and naming it accordingly? Then you can delete the HUD config with the longer name and keep the same HUD config you created with a shorter name.

B-Money
11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I'll take a shot at some of these.

v 5602

Issue addressed here too

1. You are correct. I updated many of the popups with the stats renamed and they will be in the next build. You will have to delete the popup files from Roaming to get the updated popups.

2. This one will require some major research on our part. This is the first I've heard of the problem. Sounds like you know your HUD filters and that's not the problem. Does the same behavior happen in the replayer? This will aid is greatly in duplicating the issue.

3. This might require a team viewer session so we can see it in action and get the proper files for programming to troubleshoot.

4. Popup designer had a major overhaul and there are some minor annoyances like this. Everything works in the popup designer and some of the feature requests talked about here can be looked at down the road.

5. See above

6. Don't tell me I have to do each row/column in each pop-up individually? K, I wont.

7. You changed the name, but the HUD panel is still needlessy wide? Can you post a screen? Editing the prefs.XML in roaming should've edited the name. That's what I did when creating the HUD's, then management wanting the names changed.

louiscyphre
11-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Under "HUD Options -> Popup-Designer -> Continuation Bet" the stat for "turn cbet 3bet pot vs. 2 opps" is missing. Same for "HUD Options -> Displayed Stats"

Also missing: "River Check-Call CB OOP" under "vs. Continuation bet"

udbrky
11-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Trying to fill in B-Money's post:

2. What are some of these players' names? We need screenshots of the table and the player in reports/summaries and log files for when this happens:

Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

3. What are the limits on these tables? Can you give us more info about them?

4. I just dragged stats and they kept the background what color does it change it to?

5. I put in a request for this

6. You can assign to all for one popup, rather than do each row/column.

7. Like B said, we need a picture on this, I can't duplicate this issue.

I also requested the 2 HUD stats to be added.

wrapitup
11-17-2011, 03:16 AM
I'll take a shot at some of these.

1. You are correct. I updated many of the popups with the stats renamed and they will be in the next build. You will have to delete the popup files from Roaming to get the updated popups.

2. This one will require some major research on our part. This is the first I've heard of the problem. Sounds like you know your HUD filters and that's not the problem. Does the same behavior happen in the replayer? This will aid is greatly in duplicating the issue.

3. This might require a team viewer session so we can see it in action and get the proper files for programming to troubleshoot.

4. Popup designer had a major overhaul and there are some minor annoyances like this. Everything works in the popup designer and some of the feature requests talked about here can be looked at down the road.

5. See above

6. Don't tell me I have to do each row/column in each pop-up individually? K, I wont.

7. You changed the name, but the HUD panel is still needlessy wide? Can you post a screen? Editing the prefs.XML in roaming should've edited the name. That's what I did when creating the HUD's, then management wanting the names changed.

2. What are some of these players' names? We need screenshots of the table and the player in reports/summaries and log files for when this happens:

Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation

3. What are the limits on these tables? Can you give us more info about them?

4. I just dragged stats and they kept the background what color does it change it to?

5. I put in a request for this

6. You can assign to all for one popup, rather than do each row/column.

7. Like B said, we need a picture on this, I can't duplicate this issue.

I also requested the 2 HUD stats to be added.

1. RE: Broken popup stats
What exact files do I have to delete? What will happen when I delete these?

2. RE: Certain players HUDs only showing session stats
The replayer is affected - it shows 0 hands for the players in question. The live tables always show session stats. I will send screenshot.

3. RE: Table size issues on 888
I'll play a session combining all 3 table types (6max, 9max, 10max/Jackpot) and note the specific issues, and get back to you.
edit - screen sent

7. RE: Main HUD size
I made the font smaller and the HUD is small enough for my liking now.

One more:

8. When I play a session and start HM2, or restart HM2 during a session... the HUD often won't come up even after 5-10 minutes. Sometimes I have to click STOP and START HUD several times to get it going. Auto-import always starts, same with HUD.

9. Pop-up designer:
Add row doesn't work, unless I'm adding on the very bottom. Impossible to add a row in the middle of a pop-up... and I'm pretty sure this used to work.

10. HUD hand review: When I'm looking at a previous hand, and my active table finishes a hand and starts a new one, it rolls the HUD reviewer to the next hand, and also kills the drop-down box & doesn't let me even scroll through hands anymore.
- Also, after I close the HUD hand review window, pieces of the window often stay stuck on the desktop until I drag something over it.
same issue: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/146341-game-hand-history-disappears-after-each-hand.html

11. Found more instances of players defaulting to session-only stats. I'll send another screenshot + names.

12. Flop pot size was quite off in the HUD hand review... screen sent.

edit: had a ton of fun playing around with the pop-up designer today. Easy enough to upsize the fonts & to re-Bold all the headers and titles. Also figured out that after I shade a cell... the cursor stays active, and keeps shading cells until I right-click. I wasn't aware of this feature, and I was about to cry about having randomly wrong cell shades all the time. Great stuff.

wrapitup
11-22-2011, 09:50 AM
4-5 days since the last reply. Should I put these issues into new, distinct threads?

I'll skip the small stuff and get to my big issues with HM2 here:

A) Certain players HUD stats coming up as session-only, while most players are unaffected

For a single regular, on whom I have like 75,000 hands, the HUD stats seem to only come up as session stats. I'll have 5k and 10k hands on other guys at the table, but instead of 75k on this guy, I'll only have 5 or 10 or however many hands we've played so far. In reports, I can always see his full 75k hands.

It's been months and no resolution on this. I provided a log file weeks ago, and today I sent a list of 6 opponent names with this issue. Do you need the log.txt (38mb) again? Or a different file?

Another thread with above issue:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/150291-hm2-displaying-only-sessions-stats-certain-players.html

B) Hero's stats in replayer are set in stone for Table-Only

When I replay a hand, and the stats come up, I get the overall stats for each player but only the table stats for Hero. This is different from HM1 where the default was ALL stats for Hero. I'd like to see all Hero stats... is this possible?

HEM Replayer:

1. I mentioned earlier, but can we set Hero stats to HM1-style, corresponding to the HUD filters (ie. last 3 months, filtered for 3-6 handed in a 5-handed game), rather than having Hero's table stats set in stone to 'session only'?

What's up with this? Is this going to be fixed? Does it need to be set in stone for table-only? Can't it just abide by HUD rules and filters, so that I can have a full sample on Hero stats, and then if I want session stats, I can double-click?

C) Active Player Window functionality from HM1 is far more useful than Opponents tab in HM2

b) Is there an active player window similar to HM1? This was so useful in real-time play... I do see the Player Analysis tab within Opponents but this doesn't seem nearly as functional. In the report there are very few stats and nothing near the detail of HM1. Also, my imported notes should appear in here, right?

This is just my opinion but I've been waiting for months for the Opponents tab to match the usefulness of the HM1 features, and it just hasn't happened The HM1 Player Analysis brings up far more stats, on each street. The HM2 version only seems to ever bring up 4 stats max:

NL Holdem 6-Max
GENERAL PREFLOP

High VPIP:2696 / 10705 for 25.2%(avg 21.1%)

High Preflop Raise:2115 / 10705 for 19.8%(avg 16.1%)

High 3Bet:376 / 3976 for 9.5%(avg 6.3%)

High Squeeze:48 / 617 for 7.8%(avg 2.8%)

(on a player who always defaults to session-stats in the HUD, as in the above issue

The HM1 Preflop Cards tab, with 3bet/Call3bet/4bet/Call4bet/LRR buttons, with percentages assigned to the hole cards frequencies, is excellent.

In HM2, to match the usefulness of the Preflop Cards tab, I have to

- pop-out the Opponents tab (please increase the size of that tiny pop-out button),

- then click the opponent name I want, then hit the 3b selection button,

- then Refresh Required... and you have a bug: the Refresh button completely disappears if I have resized this window in the slightest,

- then toggle 'Hand Count', and even then, the description is vague, with only solid red or blue ever appearing here (why not use the accurate % like in HM1 instead of this red and blue coding?), and I have no idea about overall sample size, or amount of 3bet hands sampled, etc... it's just not usable at all.

It's miles away from the Active Player Window of HM1, which I had open all the time, and referenced on a minutely basis when using HM1. If I wasn't in so deep with HM2 (and having paid for it), I'd switch back to HM1 for the Active Player Window alone.

D) Export to Clipboard from HUD reviewer

2. Another HUD Hand Viewer gripe: the Export To Clipboard is the first item on the drop-down, right? So when I click it, it doesn't work. I have to click something else in the menu, to copy to clipboard, then try to jump back up and click Export To Clipboard before it resets to default... know what I mean? Very irritating.

There are dozens of options on this drop-down, but I assume most players, like myself, will only use a couple of these options, since players tend to post hands on any one or two sites, right? I only use raw text, Deucescracked, and Weaktight.com, so I'd love to just customize to these three options rather than scroll through dozens of options useless to me.

Same problem... doesn't warrant another explanation. Took me about 20 clicks to try and copy/paste a fresh hand into Skype chat today.

Please help me out here. Thanks in advance.

B-Money
11-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Wrapitup,
Thanks for the detail.

A) Certain players HUD stats coming up as session-only, while most players are unaffected.
This is written up and we're collecting data to help programming resolve this. Right now Programming is waiting on some HH's that have these players dealt into the hands. Bug 2862 with a high priority. If you got hands, email them to us with this bug number in the subject line. We have a couple samples, but can always use more since it looks like various combinations of characters are causing the problem.

This is by design. Most people know what their overall stats are from all their report analysis. We thought it would be best to show session stats for Hero in the replayer and not overall stats.

C) Active Player Window functionality from HM1 is far more useful than Opponents tab in HM2
Programmer who wrote line analysis in HM2 wrote line analysis software prior to joining HM. The changes we made bring line analysis to the forefront of this feature and we leave stats to the HUD and HUD Popups. HM2's line analysis is different but it offers way more line analysis options. I'm forwarding this portion of your feedback to the line analysis programmer. Looks like lots of little issues here that he can fix easier if he reads this post. Might not get them all, but if it's a bug we'll get it addressed ASAP.

This is being written up. Bug 3572

udbrky
11-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Somehow this slipped through my net the other day.

1) Please try in the next release. Stat issues, except for name showing as defaultwinnings and total call open showing as ???? (but stat is right) are fixed, and these will be fixed in the near future. If something is not showing, it's probably easiest to replace any stats that are not showing right. I recommend saving popup files and exported HUD's, preferably on an external drive, in case of random computer issues. Popup files are saved in the config folder in:

Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

2) Do these players have random non alpha-numeric characters? If so, please send 5 original hands (right click/copy and paste), zipped, for each player to hm2support@holdemmanager.com so we can get that looked into.

3) I'll get someone to test this as well.

8)This sounds like something is not working right. We need a log file for an early session when the HUD doesn't show. You should also do a cleanup of dot net:

Please make sure that your windows is uptodate, all service packs and windows updates installed.
Uninstall your current NetFramework version with this tool: http://videos.holdemmanager.com/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
and download the NET installer and run it
For XP / Vista http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
For Win7 - NET4 Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en)

Where is:
My log file

9) Cloned default popup I assume? We are working on this issue. It only happens with a cloned popup.

10) Combining this with 8, I'd definitely start with dot net cleanup. I have not seen this.

For the windows being on the desktop and disappearing when you drag something there, this is a graphics driver issue:

Right click My Computer, click properties, open Device Manager
Open Display Adapter
Google search for "your model # driver" and download for your operating system.

11) See #2

12) We'll check into this

Click on a stat and the cursor will change to normal, not shading.

D) - you don't need to click an export type and then click export, when you click the exported format i.e. plain text, it is copied to the clipboard in that format and ready to paste.

aaltvater
11-23-2011, 05:12 AM
i dont know if its already a known bug, but iam not willing to read through the whole wall of text.

When i open a table or a Hand in the Replayer i only get a portion of the Hands for example 5k/120k hands, it seems like its still loading in the background, but it does not autorefresh, i have to move my hud on every table in order to get the full hand count...

2nd point that really bothers me is the session stats in the replayer... i dont know who decided it, but it was definitly no pokerplayer... its a joke how bad the decision is... when you review some hands with your friends you want to have the possibility to give them a quick overview on your stats and dont want to guide them through the whole report stats. add the option to switch via double click... definitly a step back

3rd point why is there no search function in the popup designer? Why dont you add some Mouse over explanations for the stats, like you did it in the reports stats.

4th point some missing stats, still cant find fold vs sq as raiser/caller, you add 300 3bet vs Hero stats, how about some hands vs hero or fold cbet vs hero, raise cbet vs hero,cbet vs hero, before you add ep3bet vs utg hero(fullring) which will appear 1 time every 5k hands.

nabokow
11-23-2011, 09:04 AM
graphs in session summary are the other way round (when I was break-even hunting, it shows I was up and have fallen down.

B-Money
11-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Wrapitup,
For Point C about Line Analysis we've written up a couple of your issues. Programmer also had this to say:
"What is he talking about with the red and blue coding? Also, can someone tell him the sample size is in the upper right (tells you hands returned). Hands are also limited by the "last" radiobuttons on the hands grid but you can select "All hands" to get the full sample.

graphs in session summary are the other way round (when I was break-even hunting, it shows I was up and have fallen down.
Known issue and it's being worked on.

i dont know if its already a known bug, but iam not willing to read through the whole wall of text.

When i open a table or a Hand in the Replayer i only get a portion of the Hands for example 5k/120k hands, it seems like its still loading in the background, but it does not autorefresh, i have to move my hud on every table in order to get the full hand count...

2nd point that really bothers me is the session stats in the replayer... i dont know who decided it, but it was definitly no pokerplayer... its a joke how bad the decision is... when you review some hands with your friends you want to have the possibility to give them a quick overview on your stats and dont want to guide them through the whole report stats. add the option to switch via double click... definitly a step back

3rd point why is there no search function in the popup designer? Why dont you add some Mouse over explanations for the stats, like you did it in the reports stats.

4th point some missing stats, still cant find fold vs sq as raiser/caller, you add 300 3bet vs Hero stats, how about some hands vs hero or fold cbet vs hero, raise cbet vs hero,cbet vs hero, before you add ep3bet vs utg hero(fullring) which will appear 1 time every 5k hands.

1. You say this happens with both live and replayer HUD? Is it a custom HUD that you're using or one of our default ones? How big is your DB? Does it happen every hand change? This definitely shouldn't be happening and it's not something I've seen. Tech support personnel might have some input here too.

2. I pretty much agree with this point. There are more technical hurdles than you think to load the replayer as fast as possible with complete stats. This is on our hit list.

3. It's always been a goal to have all the stat search functionality the same across Holdem Manager and we're working on getting to this point. Report and HUD stat search will take priority over popup designer here.

4. We have an employee that is dedicated to stats only and his #1 goal right now is to get stats consistent along with any missing stats added. The fury of stat changes right before launch had more consequences than we anticipated and we do apologize for that. I'm talking to this person daily pressing for resolution.

aaltvater
11-24-2011, 04:22 AM
1. You say this happens with both live and replayer HUD? Is it a custom HUD that you're using or one of our default ones? How big is your DB? Does it happen every hand change? This definitely shouldn't be happening and it's not something I've seen. Tech support personnel might have some input here too.

database is 6498mb and it happens with all huds i have to move or change them in order to get an update.

Next bug i cant always open the "hand review window" while playing, sometimes he simply doesnt opens it, other times it opens outside of the screen(using 2 monitors)

wrapitup
11-25-2011, 05:45 AM
This is by design. Most people know what their overall stats are from all their report analysis. We thought it would be best to show session stats for Hero in the replayer and not overall stats.

Exactly what aaltvater said. It's more useful to see our Hero overall stats (as per HUD filters) than it is to see Hero's table stats, which, in many cases, is 10-20 hands! Not everyone always plays 100's of hands on a given table. And why not just give us both options? You have removed functionality in this upgrade from HM1 to HM2.

Programmer also had this to say:
"What is he talking about with the red and blue coding? Also, can someone tell him the sample size is in the upper right (tells you hands returned). Hands are also limited by the "last" radiobuttons on the hands grid but you can select "All hands" to get the full sample.

This is almost totally useless to me. I have no idea of the frequencies of these hands. Does Villain have 74s more or less often than AA? What does 'Expected Fre' even mean? And yes I found the sample size, in small text in a separate window from this one, and it doesn't tell me anything about the 3betting frequencies or actual 3bet hand counts.

Compare with HM1:

I don't want to be clicking radio buttons and filtering and popping up a vague red/blue chart of hands, and have to look on another window to find the sample size... meanwhile playing 4-12 tables... come on! Do I really need to break this down? In HM1, every single bit of useful info is packed into one small window! Why would you overhaul it and take away all of its functionality ? Active Player Window was by far the greatest feature of HM, and one of the main reasons I switched over from Poker Tracker. Can we please salvage this?

P.S. Bugs:

- In Default_Steal pop-up, BB 3bet v steal is actually call v steal.

- check/raise stats are wrong in Default_Postflop

- Stat 'Skip CB Flop and Check-Raise OOP': stat name incomplete

udbrky
11-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I passed along the heat map sample size suggestion.

we are discussing the analysis window compared to HM1's active player details.

We also are discussing the replayer hands #'s options.

The BB 3b vs steal was fixed in a recent build. The C/R stats look good too - I have CR, CRF, CRT, CRR. You can delete the default popups in the config folder in roaming, uninstall, reinstall to install the latest ones.

I see the skip cb flop issue, will write it up.

roaming folder:

Installer links:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe

wrapitup
11-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Happy to report that my big sad issue with certain players showing only session stats... seems to be fixed with a new database.

aaltvater
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
database is 6498mb and it happens with all huds i have to move or change them in order to get an update.

Next bug i cant always open the "hand review window" while playing, sometimes he simply doesnt opens it, other times it opens outside of the screen(using 2 monitors)

problem still exist

udbrky
11-29-2011, 08:43 PM
We are tracking down some instances of the hand view opening outside the screen.

For the HUD, please try:

export your HUD's in HUD Options.
Then delete the prefs file in the config folder in
Please make sure that your windows is uptodate, all service packs and windows updates installed.
Uninstall your current NetFramework version with this tool: http://videos.holdemmanager.com/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
and download the NET installer and run it
For XP / Vista http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
For Win7 - NET4 Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en)
Import your HUD's again.

Set overhang to 0 in the HUD Options - Config

If you have an issue, please send to hm2support@holdemmanager.com a link to your post, a screenshot of the table, a screenshot of the reports showing the correct # of hands, and a log.txt file:

Where is:
My log file

aaltvater
12-03-2011, 05:33 AM
would like to test it, but hem2 always crashes when i click on export hud^^

aaltvater
12-03-2011, 06:39 AM
deleted hem2 database deinstalled net4/hem2 installed all new imported 1mio hands same problem with the default database. just trying replayer atm not willing to play with these bugs

udbrky
12-05-2011, 02:27 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/158031-2-0-0-5833-hm2-internal-release.html

Update to this version. Create a small DB with just a week's worth of hands.

If you still experience the HUD issues, we need a log file:

Where is:
My log file

wrapitup
12-18-2011, 04:12 AM
1. When I click and bring up a hand, it stays up only until another hand completes at the table. It then auto-updates to show the most recent hand. Very annoying.

2. After it updates, it becomes impossible to use the drop-down menu to scroll around to find hands. The drop-down shows only the active, most recent hand played.

Still not fixed.

Still not fixed. I haven't been able to use this feature since switching to HM2 in August. It's too frustrating to even try.

10. HUD hand review: When I'm looking at a previous hand, and my active table finishes a hand and starts a new one, it rolls the HUD reviewer to the next hand, and also kills the drop-down box & doesn't let me even scroll through hands anymore.
- Also, after I close the HUD hand review window, pieces of the window often stay stuck on the desktop until I drag something over it.
same issue: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/146341-game-hand-history-disappears-after-each-hand.html

Still not fixed.

What's up with this? Is this going to be fixed? Does it need to be set in stone for table-only? Can't it just abide by HUD rules and filters, so that I can have a full sample on Hero stats, and then if I want session stats, I can double-click?

Same problem... doesn't warrant another explanation. Took me about 20 clicks to try and copy/paste a fresh hand into Skype chat today.

Please help me out here. Thanks in advance.

^ Repeat issues that I've brought up in this thread over a span of months. Why am I detailing the same issues 3, 4, 5 times?

Exactly what aaltvater said. It's more useful to see our Hero overall stats (as per HUD filters) than it is to see Hero's table stats, which, in many cases, is 10-20 hands! Not everyone always plays 100's of hands on a given table. And why not just give us both options? You have removed functionality in this upgrade from HM1 to HM2.

This is almost totally useless to me. I have no idea of the frequencies of these hands. Does Villain have 74s more or less often than AA? What does 'Expected Fre' even mean? And yes I found the sample size, in small text in a separate window from this one, and it doesn't tell me anything about the 3betting frequencies or actual 3bet hand counts.

Compare with HM1:

I don't want to be clicking radio buttons and filtering and popping up a vague red/blue chart of hands, and have to look on another window to find the sample size... meanwhile playing 4-12 tables... come on! Do I really need to break this down? In HM1, every single bit of useful info is packed into one small window! Why would you overhaul it and take away all of its functionality ? Active Player Window was by far the greatest feature of HM, and one of the main reasons I switched over from Poker Tracker. Can we please salvage this?

P.S. Bugs:

- In Default_Steal pop-up, BB 3bet v steal is actually call v steal.

- check/raise stats are wrong in Default_Postflop

- Stat 'Skip CB Flop and Check-Raise OOP': stat name incomplete

Any chance of this being fixed?

Thanks in advance.

udbrky
12-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Please attach a new log for the hand viewer resetting. Mine will stay on the same hand for 5+ minutes. At that point I give up waiting for it to change.

For the export to, you don't have to come back to export to. When you click one of the options, it copies it to the clipboard in that format. There is no need to go back to the top option. If you want to export in plain text, use Export to plain text. We are planning to re-label it, but I have responded with the above part before in this thread.

Stats are set to all for hero now.

The default steal is fixed, skip cb... is fixed, I see that the c/r flop was missed. We will get that in.

wrapitup
12-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Stats are set to all for hero now.

In the replayer? My Hero stats still default to table-only. I'm using 2.0.0.5965. I don't see an option or a way to fix this?

DogNamedBluff
12-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Please open the Replayer > Click the Settings icon > untick Use Session stats for hero.

wrapitup
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I still have the major problem of certain players seeming to default to session-only stats in the HUD.

This seemed to be temporarily fixed with the creation of a new DB, but the problem is back and worse than ever now!!!

I see at least two other people with the same issue:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/170781-cant-see-some-players-stats-live-play-replayer.html

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/161081-hud-displayed-hands-wrong.html

Now, I have the problem with different players than the previous database. It does seem to happen with players on whom I have a ton of hands, but NOT necessarily with the players who were affected in the other database.

We are looking into this. This is one of those things that we cannot duplicate. Thus, it takes longer.

What happens when you create a new DB?

Is there a pattern with players that start at 0?

Please always make sure when comparing reports to HUD's that you have no hud filters, tournament filters or last x months filters set, otherwise they won't show the same data.

New DB... did that. It was ok for a few sessions, and now it's worse than ever.

Pattern = it seems to be all regs that I have a lot of hands on. It never happens with a non-reg.

No filters. Tested several times.

I can't see the stats for players with more than 20k hands in the replayer and in live play the hands are starting over from 0 for every player that have over 20k hands .

Of the 9 players I noticed today in my replayer (all with no stats), I have the following # of hands on them in my DB. All 888 Network. Lots of datamined hands.

edit: I first posted the above problem, in this thread, over 3 months ago. The lack of HUD stats on certain important regs on my table has cost me the HM2 price tag many times over, I guarantee you. This isn't beta testing anymore. Why is this still happening? I can't even recommend HM2 in good conscience to my friends. When they ask me about HM2, I mostly just rage about this ridiculous problem that you guys for some reason cannot recreate or fix.

B) I'm playing with my primary monitor on the right, and a secondary monitor on the left. When I click on the HUD hand reviewer on the right-most tables, it appears off-screen and untouchable. Also happens occasionally with the left-most tables.

C) When I DO manage to get a HUD hand history up on the screen.... it disappears as soon as the live hand is finished playing, and is replaced by the live hand!!! I complained about this months ago and you said it was fixed!

udbrky
01-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread to set up a teamviewer session.

Please let us know your time zone and availability.

wrapitup
01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread to set up a teamviewer session.

Please let us know your time zone and availability.

Didn't fix the problem and dialogue seems to have ended.

I was recommended to try a new database on PSQL 9.0, port 5433....

Test connection successful,

I try to make db, and HM cannot connect to PSQL database...

Windows fully updated and rebooted.

and then

---------------------------
Delete Database Error
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
OK

and HM2 closes...but I can still create DB to port 5432, no prob.

So whats next here? Can we please fix this horrible problem that blocks me from seeing the HUD of my most frequent foes??? Why is this still happening months later??

Patvs
01-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Don't use SQL 9.0/9.1
Stick to using 8.4.x

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

wrapitup
01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Win7 Ultimate, Windows firewall, Avira...

Admin on

Exceptions added

Framework 3.5

Furthermore, I sent my 100,000's of hand histories to a friend, and he imported and played his account (same network)... zero occurrence of my problem.

Doesn't this seem to be an internal problem with HM2? Everything works fine, except a lot of my reg opponents are basically treated as a 'Hero'... session stats start at 0 upon starting HM2... and the replayer shows no HUD (as opposed to all-hands, for Hero)... and when I restart HM2, the Villains start back at 0 just like Hero...

I'm no programmer but doesn't it seem clear that players, in my databases, reach a certain point (somehow related to how often I play them or how much data I have on them), and then they become treated as a Hero ie. session stats in the HUD...

Patvs
01-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Opponents can't be treated as a hero.
An opponent can become a hero--> if you happen to import a handhistory from a friend (example: Patvs), where the handhistory contains the line "Dealt to Patvs [Kc 8d]"

But even then, it won't reset the stats for Patvs, since when you're playing HM knows when it has imported the FIRST hand containing the line "Dealt to wrapitup [Ad 9c]" Wrapitup is the hero.

Let me know what happened after the teamviewer session with Chris.

[11:16:36 PM] Patvs: can he have a corrupt .config file--> where he keeps getting SESSION stats for all opponents / or the stats reset automatically:
[11:16:39 PM] Patvs: Dbl left click on player to switch to session,
[11:16:39 PM] Patvs: Dbl right click to reset session.
[11:16:53 PM] Patvs: where that happens accidently every time

wrapitup
01-26-2012, 03:12 AM
Opponents can't be treated as a hero.
An opponent can become a hero--> if you happen to import a handhistory from a friend (example: Patvs), where the handhistory contains the line "Dealt to Patvs [Kc 8d]"

But even then, it won't reset the stats for Patvs, since when you're playing HM knows when it has imported the FIRST hand containing the line "Dealt to wrapitup [Ad 9c]" Wrapitup is the hero.

Let me know what happened after the teamviewer session with Chris.

That's interesting.... 95% of my sessions start with datamining, where HM2 will not receive a hand that initializes with Hero hole cards.

Does this mean that the first time HM2 catches a showdown during a datamine session... THAT player is marked as a Hero?

Patvs
01-26-2012, 09:50 AM
No. Showdowns don't count.
Only if the beginning of the handhistory is
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Patvs [Kh 8c]
will it be a hero hand.

wrapitup
01-26-2012, 05:32 PM
I just experimented with changing the active player, in the Home / Reports tabs in the main HM2 window.

While datamining, I switched it to a player on whom I have 22,000 hands (in the HUD). The HUD then updated to show I had 60 hands on this player (he was on 2-3 of my tables, and the 60 hand probably reflected the 20 minutes of datamining during the session).

Upon restarting HM2, his stats reset to 0. Just like the rest of my affected opponents.

I asked my friend, who is playing the same site with a lot of the same HH's, if he has this problem. He says he has switched the active player before, but never while actually playing. He doesn't have my problem. So...

Selecting a new active player... while playing a session... in the main HM2 window = the selected player is denoted a 'Hero' for life, and I always get his session HUD stats instead of full stats

Would you guys test this out?

Patvs
01-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Chris confirmed this, thanks to the teamviewer session with you.

The reset will happen to any player you've made the active player in HM2 and reviewed.
Bug ticket created for this is #4394.

As a temporary solution, while you wait for the fix, create a new database, reimport all your hands.
Don't analyze opponents by selecting them as the active player.

wrapitup
02-01-2012, 03:09 AM
deleted

wrapitup
02-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Small issue with the HUD reviewer:

1. Clicking the previous hand pops up the reviewer directly to the right of the table. Often, it appears off-screen. Also, it pops up 'behind' other windows, such as tables. It makes it a bit of a pain for quick reviewing.

2. Clicking the $xxx.xx portion of the HUD is supposed to show the mucked cards of the hand in question, but it seems the coordinates are off, and often I get either no mucked cards popping up, or the wrong hand entirely.

3. Marking hands for review (the top-left checkbox): When I replay my marked hands in the main replayer, I seem to have a LOT of hands that I didn't intend to mark, and I suspect I'm failing to mark a lot of the hands I wanted. I think when a new hand starts, while a previous hand is pulled up in the HUD reviewer, it screws up the hand that I intend to mark and often marks the wrong one.

DogNamedBluff
02-11-2012, 09:16 PM
1. Clicking the previous hand pops up the reviewer directly to the right of the table. Often, it appears off-screen. Also, it pops up 'behind' other windows, such as tables. It makes it a bit of a pain for quick reviewing.
This is a known issue and it has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. While I don't have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved, we are putting out updates regularly.

The previously assigned internal ticket # on this issue is 3367. We will often release builds on a limited basis, only in the forums for a few days first, so please check back on this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/ for that ticket #.

Please send an email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with "Notify Me When 3367 Is Resolved" in the subject line. We have assigned someone to search for these subject lines after each release, so this should insure you get notified after this fix has been released.

2. Clicking the $xxx.xx portion of the HUD is supposed to show the mucked cards of the hand in question, but it seems the coordinates are off, and often I get either no mucked cards popping up, or the wrong hand entirely.

Please update to the latest HM2.
http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2_2.0.0.6309.exe

3. Marking hands for review (the top-left checkbox): When I replay my marked hands in the main replayer, I seem to have a LOT of hands that I didn't intend to mark, and I suspect I'm failing to mark a lot of the hands I wanted. I think when a new hand starts, while a previous hand is pulled up in the HUD reviewer, it screws up the hand that I intend to mark and often marks the wrong one.

Please export your custom HUD's in HUD Options.

Close HM2

Delete the prefs file in the Config folder in

Restart HM2 and Import your custom HUDs again.

wrapitup
02-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Another issue:

HM2 is definitely missing importing occasional big hands. HM1 had this problem as well. I lost a huge pot, and the hand never appeared in the HUD reviewer or the Active Session tab, but all other hands resumed importing like normal.

Now, despite missing this huge loss, my HM2 winnings total for the session/day is way LOWER than it should be... by at least a buyin or two.

In Reports, I notice it says [ ] Hands Restricted after I filter. What does this mean?

wrapitup
02-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Chris confirmed this, thanks to the teamviewer session with you.

The reset will happen to any player you've made the active player in HM2 and reviewed.
Bug ticket created for this is #4394.

As a temporary solution, while you wait for the fix, create a new database, reimport all your hands.
Don't analyze opponents by selecting them as the active player.

I have never changed the active player in Reports, but the problem has come up again, after creating a new database and playing about 10,000 hands.

Right now, it only seems to affect 2 players, but I'm sure that number will grow as always. I HAVE selected opponents (I don't know if it's the affected players) within the Opponents tab... perhaps this is the cause.

Has the bug been fixed in 6309?

I don't have time to export and import millions of hands into new databases to solve this problem every time it comes up. How about adding a feature where Hero HUD stats can be toggled between session and total? This would be a permanent or temporary fix to this bug that has been ruining my play since I started using the BETA in September.

fozzy71
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I have never changed the active player in Reports, but the problem has come up again, after creating a new database and playing about 10,000 hands.

Right now, it only seems to affect 2 players, but I'm sure that number will grow as always. I HAVE selected opponents (I don't know if it's the affected players) within the Opponents tab... perhaps this is the cause.

I don't have time to export and import millions of hands into new databases to solve this problem every time it comes up. How about adding a feature where Hero HUD stats can be toggled between session and total? This would be a permanent or temporary fix to this bug that has been ruining my play since I started using the BETA in September.

I have added your comments to this bug ticket and sent an internal email to see if we increase the priority of this issue.

wrapitup
02-17-2012, 02:44 AM
Problems

1. Big hands, won and lost, are missing from my sessions on a daily basis now. I won a stack 3 hands into my last session, and the HH never showed up in Active Session, HUD reviewer, or Reports.

Please update to the latest HM2.

This is not fixed.

3. 888.com Seat Selector for 9max seems to be wrong. I find myself manually correcting my seat every time I play the table.

4. On 888.com tables, once in a while I will have a 6max table recognized as 9max. This screws up the HUD, obviously. I cannot manually correct it as in HM1, as there is no option to override the # of players.

5. In Active Session, the graph seems to often default to Winnings (USD). I constantly find myself switching it to BB's. Can't it permanently save my preference?

6. I have never changed the active player in Reports, but the problem has come up again, after creating a new database and playing about 10,000 hands.

I have added your comments to this bug ticket and sent an internal email to see if we increase the priority of this issue.

I've just exported and importing my 2 million hands, for the 5th time now, into a new database to get around this bug. Right away, I get on the tables, and I have no HUD stats for a reg on whom I have 12,000 hands! This import/export fix doesn't work, and I'm still stuck here 5 months later playing HUD-less against select regs.

7. In pots where player A wins the pot, against player B (who covers A's stack), player B seems to be credited with the win in the main HUD. I've prepared and sent a screenshot to illustrate.

8. 888 network: There are definitely some issues between 6/9/10max tables. I'm replaying a 7-handed hand now, and players are sitting in the wrong seat, and the MP is acting before UTG. Screenshot sent.

wrapitup
02-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Over a week, no reply.

DogNamedBluff
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
1. Big hands, won and lost, are missing from my sessions on a daily basis now. I won a stack 3 hands into my last session, and the HH never showed up in Active Session, HUD reviewer, or Reports.
Please view this FAQ: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1481/How+are+Missing+Hands+or+Inaccurate+Reports+fixed% 3F to help find a solution for missing hands or inaccurate Reports.

This is a known issue and it has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. While I do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved, we are putting out updates regularly.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is hm-4089. We will often release builds on a limited basis, only in the forums for a few days first, so please check back on this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/ for that ticket #.

Please send an email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with "Notify Me When hm-4089 Is Resolved" in the subject line. We have assigned someone to search for these subject lines after each release, so this should ensure you get notified after this fix has been released.

3. 888.com Seat Selector for 9max seems to be wrong. I find myself manually correcting my seat every time I play the table.

4. On 888.com tables, once in a while I will have a 6max table recognized as 9max. This screws up the HUD, obviously. I cannot manually correct it as in HM1, as there is no option to override the # of players.
This is a known issue and it has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. While I do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved, we are putting out updates regularly.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is hm-3185. We will often release builds on a limited basis, only in the forums for a few days first, so please check back on this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/ for that ticket #.

Please send an email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with "Notify Me When hm-3185 Is Resolved" in the subject line. We have assigned someone to search for these subject lines after each release, so this should ensure you get notified after this fix has been released.

5. In Active Session, the graph seems to often default to Winnings (USD). I constantly find myself switching it to BB's. Can't it permanently save my preference?
This should be saving for you in the next release.

I've just exported and importing my 2 million hands, for the 5th time now, into a new database to get around this bug. Right away, I get on the tables, and I have no HUD stats for a reg on whom I have 12,000 hands! This import/export fix doesn't work, and I'm still stuck here 5 months later playing HUD-less against select regs.
We are having difficulties reproducing this issue. We would like to ask you for a TV session to help us better investigate the issue. Please send an email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com requesting a TV with a link to this thread. Also, if you have the possibility and would like to make a video, that would help us and the developers greatly.

7. In pots where player A wins the pot, against player B (who covers A's stack), player B seems to be credited with the win in the main HUD. I've prepared and sent a screenshot to illustrate.
Please post the screenshot here.

8. 888 network: There are definitely some issues between 6/9/10max tables. I'm replaying a 7-handed hand now, and players are sitting in the wrong seat, and the MP is acting before UTG. Screenshot sent.
These are known and related to bug hm-3185

Thank you.

wrapitup
03-16-2012, 06:56 AM
The replayer shows only 20k hands for Hero (I have 105k played in the db). Real player name, not alias. I tried it again with a different Hero (275k+ hands) and the HUD is still limited to 20k...

Filters are totally open (2-10players, 99 months, last '0' hands) All HH's are less than a year old. For fun, I tried LIMITING to the last 10k hands, and the HUD still shows 20k.

I believe only the replayer is affected and not the HUD for opponents on the tables.

v6384. I just updated to v6450 and it did not fix.

Thanks

fozzy71
03-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Replayer > Settings HUD > max replayer hands > 20,000 is default

change to 0 for 'all' hands

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1811/Setting+a+max+hand+value+on+the+replayer

wrapitup
03-24-2012, 02:22 AM
First posted on 09-27-2011, 12:47 PM #23

My replayer has the same issue as the live HUD. For the players that display only session stats in the live HUD, the replayer always shows zero stats.

A) Certain players HUD stats coming up as session-only, while most players are unaffected

It's been months and no resolution on this. I provided a log file weeks ago, and today I sent a list of 6 opponent names with this issue. Do you need the log.txt (38mb) again? Or a different file?

Another thread with above issue:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/150291-hm2-displaying-only-sessions-stats-certain-players.html

Happy to report that my big sad issue with certain players showing only session stats... seems to be fixed with a new database.

This seemed to be temporarily fixed with the creation of a new DB, but the problem is back and worse than ever now!!!

I see at least two other people with the same issue:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/170781-cant-see-some-players-stats-live-play-replayer.html

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/161081-hud-displayed-hands-wrong.html

Now, I have the problem with different players than the previous database. It does seem to happen with players on whom I have a ton of hands, but NOT necessarily with the players who were affected in the other database.

Win7 Ultimate, Windows firewall, Avira...

Admin on

Exceptions added

Framework 3.5

Furthermore, I sent my 100,000's of hand histories to a friend, and he imported and played his account (same network)... zero occurrence of my problem.

Doesn't this seem to be an internal problem with HM2? Everything works fine, except a lot of my reg opponents are basically treated as a 'Hero'... session stats start at 0 upon starting HM2... and the replayer shows no HUD (as opposed to all-hands, for Hero)... and when I restart HM2, the Villains start back at 0 just like Hero...

I'm no programmer but doesn't it seem clear that players, in my databases, reach a certain point (somehow related to how often I play them or how much data I have on them), and then they become treated as a Hero ie. session stats in the HUD...

I just experimented with changing the active player, in the Home / Reports tabs in the main HM2 window.

While datamining, I switched it to a player on whom I have 22,000 hands (in the HUD). The HUD then updated to show I had 60 hands on this player (he was on 2-3 of my tables, and the 60 hand probably reflected the 20 minutes of datamining during the session).

Upon restarting HM2, his stats reset to 0. Just like the rest of my affected opponents.

I asked my friend, who is playing the same site with a lot of the same HH's, if he has this problem. He says he has switched the active player before, but never while actually playing. He doesn't have my problem. So...

Selecting a new active player... while playing a session... in the main HM2 window = the selected player is denoted a 'Hero' for life, and I always get his session HUD stats instead of full stats

Would you guys test this out?

So I first complained about this problem on September 27th, 2011.

Six months later, nothing has been done about it. I do my best to work around this issue, but today I try to play, and I don't have HUD stats on my most frequent and annoying opponent, so that means unless I want to give up my edge and play HUD-less, I have to export and re-import 3.5 million hands, and then wait for 3.5 million notes to be created.

Why haven't you fixed this bug?

udbrky
03-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I have just sent another email to follow up on this and push it forward.

wrapitup
03-31-2012, 01:00 AM
deleted

udbrky
03-31-2012, 02:34 PM
If anyone is seeing opponents with large #'s of hands always showing up with 0 at the start of every session, please update to at least build 6556

Please update to this version:
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Update.exe

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing and attach your log.txt file -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

wrapitup
04-25-2012, 04:54 AM
Hey,

Bug has been fixed til now. I switched my Active Player to a friend's SN in order to view some stats. His SN is affected by the bug now. I thought this wouldn't happen anymore?

Patvs
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Should be fixed in : http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/6708HM2Update.exe

wrapitup
05-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Hey,

Bug has been fixed til now. I switched my Active Player to a friend's SN in order to view some stats. His SN is affected by the bug now. I thought this wouldn't happen anymore?

The patch hasn't fixed my friend's SN.

I tried to purge him from the database and re-add all his HH's to try and fix it. I don't see any easy way to purge a player tho?

Patvs
05-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Is this still an issue in: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/6780_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

wrapitup
08-13-2012, 11:30 PM
1. Since the update, there is a needless extra '0' on several HUD stats

ie. 3bet reads '08' instead of '8'
4bet reads '08.1' instead of '8.1'

Is this a bug, or is there a way I can switch this off? It's taking up space.

2. HM2 freezes up roughly half the time that I try to close it, and I end up closing it via task manager.

Thanks!

fozzy71
08-14-2012, 04:41 PM
1. Since the update, there is a needless extra '0' on several HUD stats

ie. 3bet reads '08' instead of '8'
4bet reads '08.1' instead of '8.1'

Is this a bug, or is there a way I can switch this off? It's taking up space.

We made a change to the 'cap % to 99%' HUD Option that is causing this leading zero on single digit stats. We hope to fix the bug in our next release but I am not sure how soon it will be fixed/released. For now the only way to fix this leading zero is to disable the HUD Options > Config Properties > General Settings > [ ] cap % to 99%

2. HM2 freezes up roughly half the time that I try to close it, and I end up closing it via task manager.

Thanks!

Next time this happens please send us the log.txt file - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

Please zip and email the log, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

udbrky
08-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Please include windows event logs too

Please duplicate the issue.

Open Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.

Check for any errors and send the information. They should be right at the top.

Please send a log file as well.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

wrapitup
09-08-2012, 12:51 AM
So I did the full database re-import in mid-August on my secondary computer. Now, I'm about to vacuum/reindex and then backup/restore the database so I can transfer it to my primary computer. Couple questions:

The auto re-import creates the fixed database under the name DATABASE_Updated, right? But did it switch the default database to DATABASE_Updated? It looks like the old database has remained default ever since the update, meaning all my hands since mid-August are imported to the old DB, not the Updated one... furthermore, when I take a look at Updated, I'm missing everything from February 2012 up til now!

I feel like the best way to fix this is to just backup the OLD DB, restore it on my primary PC, and then run the auto re-import (I haven't used primary PC in 2 months and it's still prompting me to auto re-import), and see if that imports everything properly.

What do you think I should do?

fozzy71
09-08-2012, 05:19 PM

The auto re-import creates the fixed database under the name DATABASE_Updated, right?

No. The database update process exports the hands from the old database and renames it to _Obsolete. It then creates a new database with the original name and imports the exported hands so they can be parsed using the new formulas. If anything goes wrong during the update process and it is incomplete/unfinished it gets named with _updated.

Here is a FAQ explaining the update process - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2052/Database+Update+Utility#5

But did it switch the default database to DATABASE_Updated?

It sounds like you had at least one failed update during the process.

It looks like the old database has remained default ever since the update,

The new database has the old database name. Do you have 3 databases?
- databasename_obsolete (original database)
- databasename_updated (failed update)
- and databasename (updated database)

meaning all my hands since mid-August are imported to the old DB, not the Updated one... furthermore, when I take a look at Updated, I'm missing everything from February 2012 up til now!

As explained above: your old database is _obsolete and the updated database has the same name as your original database with no _suffix.

I feel like the best way to fix this is to just backup the OLD DB, restore it on my primary PC, and then run the auto re-import (I haven't used primary PC in 2 months and it's still prompting me to auto re-import), and see if that imports everything properly.

What do you think I should do?

You want to backup the database with the original name, and restore that. It is already updated and you will not need to run the update process again.

wrapitup
09-08-2012, 10:19 PM
So everything is ok then. Thanks a lot for the clear and prompt reply. Much appreciated fozzy

edit: So I guess I'm safe to delete the UPDATED and OBSOLETE?

fozzy71
09-08-2012, 11:08 PM
So everything is ok then. Thanks a lot for the clear and prompt reply. Much appreciated fozzy

edit: So I guess I'm safe to delete the UPDATED and OBSOLETE?

You can definitely delete the _Updated database. I would create a backup of the _Obsolete before you delete it, to be thorough, in addition to the backup of the current database. That way if you have any problems restoring the current database later you can also try restoring the _obsolete and running the database update again.

wrapitup
10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Hello,

My long-standing problem is back. I started using HM2 for PLO. I immediately imported 9k hands, and now HM2 does not recognize my screen-name as a Hero. On the tables, my stats are not treated as Hero, but as session stats (an hour of 6-tabling will show the same Hero stats on each table, as 300-400 hands played). Also, my 'Show for Hero' HUD stats are affected. I cannot disable certain stats from Hero's HUD because I am not recognized as Hero... etc.

I suspect this is because I imported a bunch of my own hands all at once, instead of starting to play first, and then importing other hands later.

Easy fix for this?

fozzy71
10-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Is this a new site or screen name? Possibly a different skin on a network that you have played in the past? If so, you will probably need to 'unmark' your previous hero from this network in the database via pgadmin.

First you need to access your database in pgadmin and open a SQL window

start > programs > postgresql > pgadmin > connect to the sql server > then connect to the database

tools > query tools > clear the text in the SQL Editor window

1)

select * from players where optimizationstatus != 0

Click the 'Play' button to 'Execute Query'

This will show all the players marked as hero's. They should note the ID of the player that they want to un-make as a hero then

2)

update players set optimizationstatus = 0 where player_id = {player_id of player}

so for example, "update players set optimizationstatus = 0 where player_id = 1232"

Once that is done launch HM2 and that player won't be a hero and other players moved against that player will not count towards vs hero stats. No need to reimport DB or anything after that. If you keep on sharing hands like this then you will need to update this again before playing.

wrapitup
10-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Same network (888), same SN, same skin (Luckyace)

I already have 175,000 hands of NLHE under this SN. I import 9,000 hands of PLO, and now I'm not a Hero. Under Active Session, my own hole cards aren't visible, but my results are indeed tracked in the graph.

As for your instructions:

"clear the text in the SQL Editor window" wipe it all out and then save?

"select * from players where optimizationstatus != 0" what/where is this?? I see nothing of the sort.

Sarek
10-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Please email support@holdemmanager.com with time you will be able to do a Teamviewer session.

Please download www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer.exe
This is version 5 (five) as our license dont support teamviewer 6 / 7 yet, we can't connect with 6/7
this is a remote access tool that allows me to access your PC to fix the problem.

Once you download and run the program you should see it creates and ID and Password on the left side.
Send those in email in time we will schedule.
Teamviewer has built in chat that we can use to communicate and ill start that up as soon as i join your PC.
And set Firewall = off. Keep in mind: TV password changes every time you run it.

Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
1 – Make sure you have updated your windows using the “Windows Update” feature
Microsoft Windows Update (http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5)
2 – Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps (http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php)
3 – Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue

wrapitup
12-05-2012, 08:11 AM
In Replayer, when I right-click a villain's note icon and pop up Line Analysis, it's extremely slow and almost always crashes HM2.

fozzy71
12-06-2012, 12:23 AM
In Replayer, when I right-click a villain's note icon and pop up Line Analysis, it's extremely slow and almost always crashes HM2.

I can't reproduce this. It opens very fast for me but you may have significantly more hands on villains than I do in my test database.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

Please zip and email the log, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

You might want to increase the Settings > Feature Logging > Max Number of log files: in case you forget to save the log file before you restart HM2.

sebasdess
12-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Is this a new site or screen name? Possibly a different skin on a network that you have played in the past? If so, you will probably need to 'unmark' your previous hero from this network in the database via pgadmin.

First you need to access your database in pgadmin and open a SQL window

start > programs > postgresql > pgadmin > connect to the sql server > then connect to the database

tools > query tools > clear the text in the SQL Editor window

1)

select * from players where optimizationstatus != 0

This will show all the players marked as hero's. They should note the ID of the player that they want to un-make as a hero then

2)

update players set optimizationstatus = 0 where player_id = {player_id of player}

so for example, "update players set optimizationstatus = 0 where player_id = 1232"

Once that is done launch HM2 and that player won't be a hero and other players moved against that player will not count towards vs hero stats. No need to reimport DB or anything after that. If you keep on sharing hands like this then you will need to update this again before playing.

Same problem here.

And i have the exact same question than the other player:

"select * from players where optimizationstatus != 0" what/where is this?? I see nothing of the sort.

DogNamedBluff
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Same problem here.

I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs. They will be in touch shortly.

fozzy71
12-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Same problem here.

Simply delete the text that is already there when you open the query window.

When you open it at first you will see this:

Highlight the text and hit the Delete key so it looks like this:

You need to enter the code in between the quote marks into the SQL Editor window you cleared in the previous steps and then click the Play button to get the list of playername's that are heros in the database:

wrapitup
12-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Why am I suddenly unable to keep some of my HUD stats on the outer edges of my live tables? I didn't even run an HM2 update. In between sessions today, my HUD stats were forced off the edges of the window. Very annoying to have to re-position them now.

Patvs
12-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Why am I suddenly unable to keep some of my HUD stats on the outer edges of my live tables? I didn't even run an HM2 update. In between sessions today, my HUD stats were forced off the edges of the window. Very annoying to have to re-position them now.

On which site are you playing?
hud options--> config properties--> select your HUD, which value do you have for the 'overhang'?

Stackbuster
12-16-2012, 06:22 AM
After the update the Cash results graph seems no longer to automatically refresh.

Sarek
12-16-2012, 02:22 PM
This is side effect of changes we introduced for performance issues.
Update in manually

wrapitup
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
On which site are you playing?
hud options--> config properties--> select your HUD, which value do you have for the 'overhang'?

Never mind... the problem just went away on its own...

Active Session doesn't auto-refresh as noted above.

sebasdess
12-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Simply delete the text that is already there when you open the query window.

When you open it at first you will see this:

Thx! It works! :)

wrapitup
01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
I'd like to be able to purge 888 Push/Fold HH's from my database... I have imported a ton of datamines unknowingly, and I'm certain they will screw up my stats.

DogNamedBluff
01-01-2013, 06:02 PM
I'd like to be able to purge 888 Push/Fold HH's from my database... I have imported a ton of datamines unknowingly, and I'm certain they will screw up my stats.
There are two options in HM2 to purge hands. The Database Manager > Purge function or highlighting all the hands in the Reports Hands View window then right clicking > select Delete.

wrapitup
01-02-2013, 12:23 AM
I've decided to create a new database.

I am trying to import millions of hands. I place them all in an auto-import folder, but HM2 never imports for longer than 20 minutes (a couple dozen files of about 1mb each) or so before stopping. The .txt files just stop being read into HM2.

Why does it stop auto-importing? Is there some limitation here?

fozzy71
01-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Auto-importing is for live-play to generate a HUD. If you are importing bulk hands you need to use the Hand Importing > Manual Hand Import > Import Folder/File methods.

wrapitup
01-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Auto-importing is for live-play to generate a HUD. If you are importing bulk hands you need to use the Hand Importing > Manual Hand Import > Import Folder/File methods.

I couldn't bulk import 3 million (datamine) hands because it kept crashing HM2, even when I did it in smaller batches. This import took about 48 hours including three crashes.

Now, I'm trying to export my played hands. It should be about 200k hands. The first attempt crashed after waiting 2 hours. This second attempt is going on 4 hours now with the 'Please be patient, export in progress". No files have been created in the export folder. How can I even tell if HM2 is still working or if I'm just wasting my time waiting here?

http://screencast.com/t/PebW3Rhc

Really, I just want about 120k hands from one screen name played in 2012. It's impossible to do this though, because it takes forever to load in Reports. If I attempt it via Database Export, there's no option to choose which screen name I want. I'm forced to export ALL Hero hands, more than half of which I don't need.

I've been suggested to export, by screen name, via Reports, in smaller batches. So I tried to export 1 month at a time. Even these batches of 10-20k hands take FOREVER to select all, right-click, Save to Hard Drive..... and it still crashes HM2 periodically.

Why does every method take forever? How about a button that says "export last 12 months to Hard Drive" by screen name or something?

Going on 3 full days now of attempting to re-create a smaller database in an attempt to speed up HM2.

fozzy71
01-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I couldn't bulk import 3 million (datamine) hands because it kept crashing HM2, even when I did it in smaller batches. This import took about 48 hours including three crashes.

Did you send us the crash logs? I import millions of hands all the time for various testing reasons and have never had a crash during import.

Now, I'm trying to export my played hands. It should be about 200k hands. The first attempt crashed after waiting 2 hours. This second attempt is going on 4 hours now with the 'Please be patient, export in progress".

It seems to be a performance issue when trying to export hero only hands instead of all hands. Please see this post on 2+2 that I quoted below where someone had similar problems - Two Plus Two Poker Forums - View Single Post - Holdem Manager Support (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=36441462&postcount=33091)

exporting hero only hands taken 3.5hours so far aprox 400k hands hero only.

people are telling me something is wrong.
i see no status bar just says "export in progress please wait"

how long does it usually take?

It can vary greatly depending on the types of hands (cash vs sng vs mtt), CPU, HDD vs SSD, etc, but 3.5hrs definitely sounds a bit excessive.

I just exported 114k hero hands for my old stars screen name and it took 7 mins on my Ci7-920, 9gb RAM, SSD desktop. The status bar did not update until right at the very end of the export process for some reason. At that speed I would expect a 400k hand hero to take 20 - 30 minutes on my computer. If you have a laptop with a 5400rpm HDD I could see it taking a couple of hours.

Exporting 'all' hands from my 200k+ cash hand alias produced 217 files in under 30 seconds and the status bar updated smoothly throughout the entire process. It sounds like we need to see if the developers can optimize the exporting 'hero only' process if possible but I am not sure how much it can be optimized because off the SQL query/filter that is being used to pick out only the active report hero hands.

I would suggest you cancel the export and just export 'all' hands instead and purge the hands from your new database for the hero's you don't want to keep.

We do have a open feature request that might improve the performance of this type of exporting once implemented. The request is to add the same filters to the Export tab that are found on the Purge tab:

HM-6200
Feature Request: Export 'Hands Played By' and 'Poker Sites'

If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email to support@holdemmanager.com and include "Notify Me When HM-6200 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Really, I just want about 120k hands from one screen name played in 2012. It's impossible to do this though, because it takes forever to load in Reports. If I attempt it via Database Export, there's no option to choose which screen name I want. I'm forced to export ALL Hero hands, more than half of which I don't need.

I've been suggested to export, by screen name, via Reports, in smaller batches. So I tried to export 1 month at a time. Even these batches of 10-20k hands take FOREVER to select all, right-click, Save to Hard Drive..... and it still crashes HM2 periodically.

Why does every method take forever? How about a button that says "export last 12 months to Hard Drive" by screen name or something?

Going on 3 full days now of attempting to re-create a smaller database in an attempt to speed up HM2.

Have you tried to just import your \HM2Archive\2012 folder to a new database to get your played hands and then purge any screen names you don't want in the new database? The feature request mentioned above exists on the Purge tab so it would probably be a lot faster and fewer headaches to import the hands you want from your archive and purge the heros you no longer want in the new database.

wrapitup
01-15-2013, 02:26 AM
^^ thanks for the response :)

Question about stats: 3Bet is Premium, 4Bet is Premium, etc

When I 4bet Villain, and he folds... does this hand count towards a 3Bet is NOT Premium? Or does the Premium only count hands that were shown down?

DogNamedBluff
01-15-2013, 05:06 PM
^^ thanks for the response :)

Question about stats: 3Bet is Premium, 4Bet is Premium, etc

When I 4bet Villain, and he folds... does this hand count towards a 3Bet is NOT Premium? Or does the Premium only count hands that were shown down?

Premium only registers for hands that were shown down.

wrapitup
01-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Wouldn't it be safe to assume that players aren't folding premium hands to reraises? I think that would improve this stat immensely.

DogNamedBluff
01-16-2013, 06:24 PM
I am sorry but we can not base any stats on assumptions. The hands must go to showdown to register for Premium holdings.

wrapitup
01-19-2013, 04:27 PM
My January 17th session contains all duplicate (782) hands. Best way to rectify? Purge and re-import from Archive?

Patvs
01-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, either purge and reimport.
Or create a new database, and reimport ALL hands.

wrapitup
01-29-2013, 02:30 AM
I used to play with a laptop+monitor, but now I play on only the laptop.
The player notes window appears on my non-existent monitor and I can't access it. How can I drag it back into visibility?

Patvs
01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Can you move the table all the way to the left of your screen? (with only half the table visible)
so the notes will appear on the far right side of your screen, where you can still move them closer to the table?

wrapitup
01-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Nope, doesn't work.

I tried to add the notes in the Opponents tab. Is it just me or is there nowhere to actually input some player notes there?? I need a way to get back to noting on players!

DogNamedBluff
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
I tried to add the notes in the Opponents tab. Is it just me or is there nowhere to actually input some player notes there?? I need a way to get back to noting on players!

This is a feature which is on the list to address. While I do not have a specific date for when this feature might be added, we are putting out updates regularly.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-1743. I have added your email address to the ticket. You will be notified when there is a resolution.

Patvs
01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Nope, doesn't work.

hud options--> displayed stats--> RESET everything

wrapitup
02-01-2013, 12:21 AM
hud options--> displayed stats--> RESET everything

Did not affect the position of the notes pop-up.

In the meantime, can you please tell me another method to input player notes?

Patvs
02-01-2013, 04:04 PM
You have to replay a hand. Click on the note icon of a player, create/edit a note.

We have a ticket on this to improve this. In HM1 you can just rightclick on the selected player--> view player notes--> where you can view AND EDIT a note. Bug ticket on this is HM-5481

wrapitup
02-02-2013, 01:26 AM
You have to replay a hand. Click on the note icon of a player, create/edit a note.

This does not work given my above problem... the note still appears way off on my non-existent external monitor.

wrapitup
02-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Replayer issues (I noticed these things only after resizing the replayer window, by the way):

Turning off the win/loss colours does not work.

The replayer actually seems faster... it used to lock up a lot more for 5-15 seconds while clicking through the hand actions.

udbrky
02-02-2013, 03:39 AM
Please see this:

Offscreen Window - Move Back to Desktop - Windows 7 Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/75291-offscreen-window-move-back-desktop.html)

Is the option still checked/unchecked for the colors?

wrapitup
02-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Please see this:

Offscreen Window - Move Back to Desktop - Windows 7 Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/75291-offscreen-window-move-back-desktop.html)

Is the option still checked/unchecked for the colors?

Worked perfectly! Thank you.

I always leave it unchecked but now it's permanently coloured. Toggling the checkbox does nothing.

fozzy71
02-06-2013, 05:14 PM

I always leave it unchecked but now it's permanently coloured. Toggling the checkbox does nothing.

I can not reproduce this. It seems to work fine for me in our latest beta build. I also rolled back to the latest public build and got similar behavior for the most part but the first time I unchecked the box it required me to restart the replayer before the changes took effect.

Here is a video of me testing it in beta 753 - 02.06.2013-16.05.35 - fozzy71's library (http://screencast.com/t/13e9Ia9poh)