PDA

View Full Version : MySQL On an external hard drive

J10BLN
05-26-2009, 05:36 AM
Hey,

My laptops hard drive is completely full, it has come to the point where Hold em manager can no longer import hand histories.

Is there anyway I can move the MySQL database onto an external hard drive?

Or are there any files that Hold em manager is saving which I can delete once they are saved onto the MySQL database?

Would it even be possible to create a new database on the external hard drive and import them over?

Thanks

oskar
05-26-2009, 06:09 AM
You should have at least 10% of your system drive free at all times - the system needs it.

You can move the database by backing up the data folder in the postgresql program folder, then uninstalling and reinstalling it on the external drive.

A better way would be to export the database:
in HEM: Database Management - Export

I would do both, then try to import, but keep the data backup in case something goes wrong.

If your system drive has been filled beyond 90%, you should do a complete defrag overnight - before defragging you should also free up at least 10% of space.

J10BLN
05-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I am running windows on a mac at the moment which means my hard drive space wasnt very big in the first place. I have performed several defragmenting processes already to free up disk space