PDA

View Full Version : My HM doesn't work anymore

saussure
08-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I was importing some hands the other day and when HM was almost finished it froze and after managing to close the application I can now not open it again.

It starts to load up as normal then it says something about finding new files and adding them to the auto-import and archive folders but then the log in for the postgreSQL comes up and when I click connect it tells me my log-in name and/or password is wrong and would I like HM to configure the database to accept this log-in. This hasn't happened before and I have the latest version of the software.

I'm confused as to why this has happened and what I should do now. If anyone can help that would be great.

Many thanks

morny
08-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Its sounds like when HM froze and/or you tried to kill the process that it damaged the config file and inserted the default config file in its place. Inside your holdemmanager.config file is your postgresql username and password along with your auto import information. This is why you have the password problem and also the import folder problem as all your import folders would be gone in the new config folder.

Unfortunately theres nothing you can do now but i recommend backing up the contents of this folder C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder whenever you make significant changes to the HUd or settings so if this happens again i can give you instructions on how to avoid these problems and save you losing those settings.

Are you now stuck at the password stage is this the problem? If so the default config file will be trying to use the default username and password but you need to change this to your actual username and password. If its another step its stuck at let me know and ill walk you trhough getting it fixed.

saussure
08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the reply.

When I click connect I get the message:The username/ and or passwrd was incorrect. Would you like to have HM configure the database to accept this login and password?

Obviously I need to insert my own Uname and Pword?

Where can I find these because I've forgotten them to be honest?

Many thanks

morny
08-13-2008, 07:33 PM
That could be a problem, if you cant remember them then youll need to backup your database and export your hands then uninstall postgreSQL and reinstall it and create a new username and password unfortunately.

Rvg72
08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the reply.

When I click connect I get the message:The username/ and or passwrd was incorrect. Would you like to have HM configure the database to accept this login and password?

Obviously I need to insert my own Uname and Pword?

Where can I find these because I've forgotten them to be honest?

Many thanks

You can't find them but by letting HM configure the database to accept any login / password you shouldn't need to know them. It makes a change in your pg_hba.conf file telling Postgresql to ignore the login and password and just accept anything.

Roy