PDA

View Full Version : Question about purging hands

hurla64
08-15-2011, 06:42 PM
I've been trying to purge hands from my database. The hand details are purged but the overall stats remain. What I'm trying to do is delete everything before the date I started bankroll management properly. There was a few months where I was just learning the game and that period is throwing the stats off. Can I delete the stats before a certain period?

Patvs
08-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Create a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

And only import the hands from the archive folder, C:/HMArchive from the date range you want to use.

hurla64
08-16-2011, 04:43 AM
I see. I'll try that. But when HM imports hands from the hand history folder, won't it add those old hands again? Or should I manually delete the old hands from the hand history folder?

Sarek
08-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Archive folder is organized by months and days.
Import what you need on months basis.

hurla64
08-16-2011, 05:59 AM
After I've finished importing the hands from the HM/Archive folder, should I then remove that folder from the Auto-Import list? Or should the Archive folder remain on the Import list. What I'm asking is: does HM automatically create new folders in the Archive folder based on the hands it imports from the Hand history folder. Also, do I need the RGV Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data + subfolders to be in the list?

hurla64
08-16-2011, 06:24 AM
I've removed the files before the date I wanted and it seems to be working. However, there is no longer any data in HM\Archive folder. I thought that is where HM gets the data for its reports. The reports data is there but there is nothing in the Archive folder.

Patvs
08-16-2011, 08:44 AM
After I've finished importing the hands from the HM/Archive folder, should I then remove that folder from the Auto-Import list? Or should the Archive folder remain on the Import list. What I'm asking is: does HM automatically create new folders in the Archive folder based on the hands it imports from the Hand history folder. Also, do I need the RGV Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data + subfolders to be in the list?

The archive folder should not be a "auto import folder".
(since your regular auto import folders are being archived to the archive folder. Adding the archive folder would create an import "loop")

Yes, HM automatically creates new folders in the archive folder based on the hands it imports.
You need "RGV Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data + subfolders" if you se prefetch on PokerStars (and Full Tilt)

HM gets all the reports into from the PostgreSQL database stored in Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/ !
The archive folder only stores the original handhistory files.

hurla64
08-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks, that makes more sense to me now. I didn't realize that the reports were generated from a different folder to the Archive folder. The last thing I want to know is how to actually delete the old data from the database. I'm working with HM2 as well but when I create a new database it imports all the old hands I don't want. I've tried selecting only hands after a certain date, but for some reason all the hands in the database get imported.

Sarek
08-16-2011, 01:05 PM
The easiest thing is creating new HM2 DB and import from archive by month basis (or years)

hurla64
08-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Ok, I'll do it that way. Thanks for all the help, guys. I appreciate it.