PDA

View Full Version : backup for a certain limit or period

rekruol
08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Greetings!

I've bought a ssd/96gb/ and im trying to restore my database, the problem is the database is way to big to be restored at my ssd.( really big temp file can't relocate it)
Is it possible to make a backup file for a certain limit(nlxxx)/ or time?( i could restore a smaller database)

Or a solution for my restore problem would be even better.(the main problem with restoring my database is the size of the temp(4x gb) file, I've read topics about this but did not really help )

thanks

Patvs
08-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Your database is largest than 50 GB??

Try creating a new database on the SSD, and reimport the handhistories.

rekruol
08-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the answer.

Don't know exactly how big the database is(i guess its around 40gb.) The problem is when i try to restore the backup file its creates a 4x GB temp file on the ssd so theres only 30gb free space left on the ssd when i start to restore my database(windows 22 gb+ that temp file 40gb) and my ssd gets full before hm/postreq can restore my database.

So I either have to change the temp file location somehow(which i cant) or create a smaller backup. Is it possible to make a backup just for nlxx+ hand (or hands played after a certain date)? Or is there a better solution for this problem?

Patvs
08-15-2011, 08:27 PM
PostgreSQL doesn't allow you to specify the location of the TEMP file.
I'm not sure if PostgreSQL uses the default TEMP folder location, otherwise you can try to move it to a different drive. Read:
Guide * Windows 7 Ultimate Tweaks & Utilities * (http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?63273-*-Windows-7-Ultimate-Tweaks-amp-Utilities-*) (there's a section about moving the TEMP/TMP folder)

It's also not possible to specifically backup 1 limit.
You can try to purge all hands: options--> settings-->observed HH configuration-->purge hands
to reduce the size of the database.

Or ideally create two new databases: one database for each limit (and reimport the original handhistories)

rekruol
08-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the quick answer.

One last question;

I do restore my backup file(already formated my old storage with the original hhs) on another computer(with a hdd as main storage) after that i can just copy the handhistorys and import them?i In that case in which folder can i find the handhistorys after the restore?

Patvs
08-15-2011, 09:30 PM
The original handhistory files are in the archive folder, default C:/HMArchive.

Restoring a .backup file will not restore the archive folder. So you have three options:
-1 ideally you have a backup of your original handhistories / archive folder
-2 you can export all the handhistories: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Select Your Database--> EXPORT
-3 if you play on PokerStars/FullTilt/PartyParty, it's best to email their support and request the handhistories for every hand you've ever played.