PDA

View Full Version : Constantly visible notes

MachtiSonni
08-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey there,

I'd like to see my NoteCaddy notes (as well as any other notes I've made) constantly, without having to hover my mouse for a popup. Having a chance to permanently stick a specific popup to the table for all players would do the trick.I'm sure I'm not alone with this since there are plenty of mass-multitablers out there to whom 5 seconds is too much time to see notes.

-MachtiSonni

udbrky
08-15-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure how this would work without your whole screen being filled with popups - then you couldn't see your cards/the action/etc.

sreticentv
08-15-2011, 05:52 PM
a single popup for all players at a 6 or 9 max table would probably be way too cluttered for now. Maybe when live tracking is added it could 'intelligently' switch to a player still in the hand but that needs to get approved by management so its a little ways away at least

MachtiSonni
08-16-2011, 04:07 AM
Well, it's all about how you design your screen layout. :) For 6-max it would be really easy and for 9-max I'm sure it would be doable, too. You don't need to have all popups on top of the table, right? For anybody stacking tables this would be the nuts.

-PopupSonni

Pure Presence
08-18-2011, 06:10 AM
+1 for the suggestion.

@crew Not everyone has only one monitor; for those with two or more or those who stack tables the cluttering isn't really an issue.

SteveCut
08-24-2011, 12:34 PM
I didn't know about this thread and came here to request the same thing. Playing Heads-up this is essential. I don't have time to keep hovering and cannot absorb the extensive information whilst doing so. It really is a must-have for me. Without it the notes are virtually worthless. Can you not implement it like the HM2 preflop/postflop tabbed dialog? i.e. double-click the note icon to bring up a dialog box which can be positioned anywhere on the screen?

udbrky
08-24-2011, 05:37 PM
I put in a request so Sreti remembers it.

Hilips
08-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Not sure how douable it is for people who multitable tilled but i like it alot.

Maybe popup all notes on the table mouse is overing would be a good way to start.

sreticentv
08-30-2011, 06:46 PM
I did it but I am not sure of the release schedule.

Maybe I'm confused about something though. With user defined notes, you could already have them open by clicking the notes icon.

In any case, if you click the icon and NC is activated, it will show a tab group like the main popup has and there you can view your NC notes and they should refresh in realtime

SteveCut
08-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Marvelous news! Thanks for the prompt response, sreticentv.

If you click the notes icon you can see manual notes, but not notecaddy notes.

sreticentv
08-31-2011, 06:55 PM
I can confirm it's not in the live build yet but this is what it's gonna look like for now

SteveCut
09-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Very nice work!
Come on HM! Include it in the next build please!

shahrad
09-01-2011, 07:43 AM
This looks good. Now if we write into the Grouping prefix: Raised Cbet, than we wil have a tab for raised Cbet? If not than it should be possible.

sreticentv
09-01-2011, 08:02 AM
grouping tabs will be generated based on what you have setup so yes cbet will be there if you have one (assuming there are notes to put in it as well)

shahrad
09-03-2011, 06:50 AM
1) 5022 For some people it only shows one tab: User. Although they have lots of notes for PF, F, T, R....
2) And then you write : "based on what you have set up". How do I set it up? Through Grouping Prefix?
3) Wouldn't it be better if it had 5 raws of tabs? One for PF, one for F.....
I mean something like this:
User|Main
PF|OpenRaise|Iso|3bet....
F|FCbet|RaiseCbet|CalledCbet|...
T|TCbet|RaiseCbet....|....
R|Rcbet|....|....
4) How does NC decide which notes are shown under Main Tab?

Sarek
09-04-2011, 05:48 AM
This happens in 5037 also?

sreticentv
09-05-2011, 07:57 AM
1) 5022 For some people it only shows one tab: User. Although they have lots of notes for PF, F, T, R....
2) And then you write : "based on what you have set up". How do I set it up? Through Grouping Prefix?
3) Wouldn't it be better if it had 5 raws of tabs? One for PF, one for F.....
I mean something like this:
User|Main
PF|OpenRaise|Iso|3bet....
F|FCbet|RaiseCbet|CalledCbet|...
T|TCbet|RaiseCbet....|....
R|Rcbet|....|....
4) How does NC decide which notes are shown under Main Tab?

if a guy has notes for PF, F, T, R then there will be tabs for each. There's no setup for those I meant if you add a custom pre-fix then it will add a tab for that but as with the other prefixes the player needs to have a note using that pre-fix if a tab is to be created

The items in the main tab are the ones that differ mostly from average so if a play, for example, cbets 10% of the time but the average is 66% then that would probably be shown there since he stands out in that sense

shahrad
09-05-2011, 11:58 AM
The items in the main tab are the ones that differ mostly from average so if a play, for example, cbets 10% of the time but the average is 66% then that would probably be shown there since he stands out in that sense
If we could chose what goes into main, this would be much better. Reason: As much as possible we should be able to organize on our own. When I don't know exactly what 'main-tab' shows, this will be (more or less) kind of annoyance, what leads to higher stress (I mean, it is there, it contains notes, but I don't know if I need to open it or not, if I will find what I need or not, this is horrible). Poker players don't need stress.
It would be also good if the notes which appear in the Note Window would be excluded from NC HUD Popup and vice versa. This would mean even more possibility to organize notes.

BTW: Thank you very very much for your efford!

SteveCut
09-07-2011, 08:42 AM
The permanent notes window is working very well for me. Just a couple of improvements I'd like to see to save me repeatedly reopening and moving the window:

1) When manual notes are entered into the 'User' tab, the 'Save' button has to be pressed to save any changes. This does a save and close. The close action should be removed, so that the notes windows stays up after a save.

2) Would be nice if the notes window position (when closed) could be remembered between games.

sreticentv
09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
If we could chose what goes into main, this would be much better. Reason: As much as possible we should be able to organize on our own. When I don't know exactly what 'main-tab' shows, this will be (more or less) kind of annoyance, what leads to higher stress (I mean, it is there, it contains notes, but I don't know if I need to open it or not, if I will find what I need or not, this is horrible). Poker players don't need stress.
It would be also good if the notes which appear in the Note Window would be excluded from NC HUD Popup and vice versa. This would mean even more possibility to organize notes.

BTW: Thank you very very much for your efford!

whenever there's a next release you'll easily be able to control what goes in your main popup by using the sorting in file->settings->note settings. It will just be the top X notes based on your sorting criteria where X is also configurable via file->settings->hud settings

The permanent notes window is working very well for me. Just a couple of improvements I'd like to see to save me repeatedly reopening and moving the window:

1) When manual notes are entered into the 'User' tab, the 'Save' button has to be pressed to save any changes. This does a save and close. The close action should be removed, so that the notes windows stays up after a save.

2) Would be nice if the notes window position (when closed) could be remembered between games.

both will be in the next release

MachtiSonni
09-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Maybe I'm confused about something though. With user defined notes, you could already have them open by clicking the notes icon.

This...this is the whole problem. Having to click a button or to hover your mouse over an icon to see your notes. It's no problem for anyone who only plays six tables tiled. You have all the time in the world to move your mouse around, click buttons, read a book, watch TV, maybe even do the dishes while you play. But for anybody playing 20+ tables, that seven seconds it takes to

move the mouse
click/hover the popup open
read the notes you wanted to read
move your mouse back

is seven seconds too much. NoteCaddy is easily the best program ever written for poker. But if I have to mess around too much to see all the notes it creates, it's makes the notes completely useless.

What we need is an option to have the notes constantly and automatically visible for all players. Just like a HUD. Without having to lift a finger to see the notes. Granted, it sounds like a lot of stuff on the screen but for anybody stacking tables it's just a matter of organizing your screen. I already know exactly how I'd arrange my screen-layout if I had such an option. Having a stack of tables in the middle of the screen and then the note-windows around that. Easy.

It shouldn't be hard at all to implement. Just have a separate window on the HUD that shows the notes. That's all. With an option to resize the window for each player etc. Also an option to edit them right there would be really epic.

Yours,

MachtiSonni
CardRunners Pro

udbrky
09-25-2011, 05:04 PM
I will defer to sreti on this possibility, he knows more about it than I do.

johncc
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Best idea I have ever read,,,, is this possible to do?

MachtiSonni
09-28-2011, 05:55 AM
Hey there,

I'm planning on hiring a programmer who would make a program that would show NoteCaddy notes (and any player-notes) on the screen automatically, without any hassle. Just like a HUD. Just like I've described earlier in the thread. He's quite expensive so I'm looking for fellow players who would like to chip in for the expenses in order to have access to such a tool.

We're looking at about $75-$150/person depending on how many players I'm able to pool together.

PM me for details if you're interested.

-MachtiSonni
CardRunners Pro