PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Please....Postgre is really starting to suck

PCP Poker
05-24-2009, 01:22 PM
We really need an alternative database service to postgre sql. Remember when PT2 offered both PG and Access?

I now have to spend an average of 5 minutes every single time I start HEM messing around with it to get it to connect. Whether it's the transport connection, connection timeout, 127.blah.blah error, or the numerous other errors, there's an error every damn time. I've reinstalled, reformatted, refried, everything. PG is just starting to suck. And it's really dragging HEM down with it in my eyes.

This isn't just on the HEM db either. I maintain 4 other db's, all of which were initially in PG as well. I have had the same issues with all of them, so much to the point that i converted them all to MySQL.

I have much more db experience than the average HEM user, and this is still giving me a headache. I can see how newbies to the program could be instantly turned off if they were having these isssues. Unlike most people, I understand it's not the fault of HEM programmers. In fact, I think i've tracked it down to the "maliscious software removal tool" from Windows update as clearly being the culprit. But my MySQL db's are still truckin along, with virtually no intervention.

OK, rant complete. Anyone agree?

mike
05-24-2009, 03:59 PM
i do

Terminator
05-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree to: If MySQL was an option running HM database on, it would be really really nice :)

LostCause
05-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I agree, it would be nice.